Steve King

BRASSNECK

Re: Steve King

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:13 pm Where's Hessenthaler going then?
I read the other day that Hessenthaler is looking for 15 players and Dowson was looking for his next challenge.
DFCTALK

Post by DFCTALK »

The Hess link is a moody. Just ignore it. His body isnt even cold yet though.
V184

Post by V184 »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 pm Give a young manager a chance Micky Collins did a decent job at Sevenoaks plus also a Dartford legend.
Dean, I don’t honestly think Micky Collins would be the right person for the job. As much as he had success with Sevenoaks Town I don’t believe he has the experience for anything higher than that level. I don’t know what sort of contacts he has in the game but doubt he would be able to attract the sort of players we would need to get us out of this league.

I wouldn’t be to surprised if somebody like Steve McKimm attracted the attention of the board after getting sacked from Tonbridge. I’m not saying that’s who I would choose but he’s been around the game a lot and been involved in higher level football so would almost certainly have some contacts as well.
You dont want Micky Collins :o The name i heard who was interviewed last week is Fleet legend Danny Kedwell ;)
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Poor Webbedfeet wind up attempt there!!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Shocked by this. I’m a big supporter of king and want him to continue but it’s fair to say there are several things he could of and should of done differently and better. So I’m happy to criticise him but even the best can get it wrong.

This has to be something that happened behind the scenes.
Whoever gets the seat will have my full support but let’s not be silly here, need to see ambition.

I hope the club say something more about his exit to end speculation and show the criticism the club gets around poor communication is not right.
Im not convinced it will.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

M1 South wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:11 pm Poor Webbedfeet wind up attempt there!!
Could this be the same person who threw a flare onto the pitch, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, effectively slamming the door firmly shut on Ebbsleet's return to the National League with seconds remaining?

If so, maybe they are looking for a new footie forum to post on. Or even a new club to support next season.

I'm sure we'll welcome them with open arms.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Wed May 25, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V184

Post by V184 »

M1 South wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:11 pm Poor Webbedfeet wind up attempt there!!
No wind up Sevenoaks were doomed under Collins check out the results since Harry Hudson came in 10 games 8 wins 1 draw 1 lose 8-) Apparently Kedders interviewed last night not last week i apologise my error :oops:
V184

Post by V184 »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:47 pm
Could this be the same person who threw a flare onto the pitch, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, effectively slamming the door firmly shut on Ebbsleet's return to the National League with seconds remaining?

If so, maybe they are looking for a new footie forum to post on. Or even a new club to support next season.

I'm sure we'll welcome them with open arms.
Not guilty regarding the flare or going on the pitch sorry :roll:
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Kedwell didn't exactly set the world alight at Cray. Sevenoaks looked doomed under Collins.
Collins at Dartford could well find us in a relegation battle.
On the other hand Kedwell would probably keep us up.

But should such an appointment be made it would represent a seismic shift in the ambitions of the board after they appointed Kingy.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Wed May 25, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:11 pm Kedwell didn't exactly set the world alight at Cray. Sevenoaks looked doomed under Collins.
Collins at Dartford could well find us in a relegation battle.
On the other hand Kedwell would probably keep us up.

But should such an appointment be made it would represent a seismic shift in the ambitions of the board when they appointed Kingy.
For that reason none of those should be considered. We should be fighting for promotion not taking gambles on managers who might keep us in the division.

This just seems like a massive risk and backwards step we're taking. I don't like it one bit, time will tell.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

F.F.S. IF Kedwell or Collins even get an interview then the Board will have had a melt down , there is plenty of proven class out there and a BIG Club like Dartford needs to be hiring one of them !!!!!!!!!!!!
oranj

Post by oranj »

King's contract ran until the end of the 23/24 season, so there must have been a seriously good reason to sack him. Obviously we aren't privy to what's gone on behind the scenes (until the club's further statement), but purely based on performances I think this is a harsh dismissal. King's league record since arriving is a win ratio of around 55%, which is really quite good. I know the loss on penalties against Chippenham hurts, but I really didn't see us beating both Ebbsfleet in the next round and Dorking in the final. If we had beaten Chippenham but lost to Ebbsfleet would he have lost his job?

I don't look at next season and think there's a standout team that will be miles ahead of everyone else, so to be starting the season with a new manager and in all likelihood a lot of new faces is in the team is disappointing. I can't help thinking the board's decision is going to leave us a few steps behind some of our rivals.
V184

Post by V184 »

oranj wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:19 pm King's contract ran until the end of the 23/24 season, so there must have been a seriously good reason to sack him. Obviously we aren't privy to what's gone on behind the scenes (until the club's further statement), but purely based on performances I think this is a harsh dismissal. King's league record since arriving is a win ratio of around 55%, which is really quite good. I know the loss on penalties against Chippenham hurts, but I really didn't see us beating both Ebbsfleet in the next round and Dorking in the final. If we had beaten Chippenham but lost to Ebbsfleet would he have lost his job?

I don't look at next season and think there's a standout team that will be miles ahead of everyone else, so to be starting the season with a new manager and in all likelihood a lot of new faces is in the team is disappointing. I can't help thinking the board's decision is going to leave us a few steps behind some of our rivals.
I was told King had spent 20% of next seasons budget on two players ? :o
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

V184 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm
oranj wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:19 pm King's contract ran until the end of the 23/24 season, so there must have been a seriously good reason to sack him. Obviously we aren't privy to what's gone on behind the scenes (until the club's further statement), but purely based on performances I think this is a harsh dismissal. King's league record since arriving is a win ratio of around 55%, which is really quite good. I know the loss on penalties against Chippenham hurts, but I really didn't see us beating both Ebbsfleet in the next round and Dorking in the final. If we had beaten Chippenham but lost to Ebbsfleet would he have lost his job?

an Ebbsfleet fan commenting on overspending..oh the irony
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

More surprised that Hess has been replaced than Kingy has gone. But 2+2 still equals 3 in my opinion as regards that.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

ozymandias wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm More surprised that Hess has been replaced than Kingy has gone. But 2+2 still equals 3 in my opinion as regards that.
Hess has not been replaced, he is still their manager. I just pointed out that their website had listed Dowson as manager. I think someone was on a wind-up.
V184

Post by V184 »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

ozymandias wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm More surprised that Hess has been replaced than Kingy has gone. But 2+2 still equals 3 in my opinion as regards that.
I don't think he has, no announcement from Dover and their forums seem to confirm it's a website error.

Either way I hope this gets resolved sooner so we can start preparing for next season. Players aren't going to renew contracts not knowing who the manager is. Probably already looking for moves elsewhere.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

It should read: Dartfords budget is 20% of Ebbsfleets. We don't have a sugar daddy who keeps writing off million pound plus losses. I look forward to the day when "The Good Doctor" moves on, it will be a leveller. Maybe, this is what Boris means about levelling up.
V184

Post by V184 »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:07 pm
I don't think he has, no announcement from Dover and their forums seem to confirm it's a website error.

Either way I hope this gets resolved sooner so we can start preparing for next season. Players aren't going to renew contracts not knowing who the manager is. Probably already looking for moves elsewhere.
Hess is a decent manager if he leaves Dover would imagine him taking a break after the sh1t down there