Steve King

Mark Sweet

Re: Steve King

Post by Mark Sweet »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 pm Give a young manager a chance Micky Collins did a decent job at Sevenoaks plus also a Dartford legend.
Dean, I don’t honestly think Micky Collins would be the right person for the job. As much as he had success with Sevenoaks Town I don’t believe he has the experience for anything higher than that level. I don’t know what sort of contacts he has in the game but doubt he would be able to attract the sort of players we would need to get us out of this league.

I wouldn’t be to surprised if somebody like Steve McKimm attracted the attention of the board after getting sacked from Tonbridge. I’m not saying that’s who I would choose but he’s been around the game a lot and been involved in higher level football so would almost certainly have some contacts as well.

Didn't McKimm get appointed at Carshalton?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:03 am
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 pm Give a young manager a chance Micky Collins did a decent job at Sevenoaks plus also a Dartford legend.
Dean, I don’t honestly think Micky Collins would be the right person for the job. As much as he had success with Sevenoaks Town I don’t believe he has the experience for anything higher than that level. I don’t know what sort of contacts he has in the game but doubt he would be able to attract the sort of players we would need to get us out of this league.

I wouldn’t be to surprised if somebody like Steve McKimm attracted the attention of the board after getting sacked from Tonbridge. I’m not saying that’s who I would choose but he’s been around the game a lot and been involved in higher level football so would almost certainly have some contacts as well.

Didn't McKimm get appointed at Carshalton?
Your correct Mark he did, I must have missed that announcement 🤦‍♂️.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

First thought was Mckimm another name Alan Dowson.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

I doubt that we will ever find out the reason behind the sacking as the club is abysmal at keeping their supporters up to date with any relevant information.
The 5th Searcher

BRASSNECK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:14 am

His name keeps cropping up, not sure how many players can understand him though 🤣.
The 5th Searcher

The Futures White wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:21 am I doubt that we will ever find out the reason behind the sacking as the club is abysmal at keeping their supporters up to date with any relevant information.
Well the sacking of Steve King is quite relevant and they released that information very quickly. There has to be more to it but not sure as to how much the club will actually tell us.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:23 am
BRASSNECK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:14 am

His name keeps cropping up, not sure how many players can understand him though 🤣.
Would have hire a translator as well.🤣
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Sounds like Kingy has overstepped the mark and got the wrong side of the Board but no one is indispensable and it is very important that the Board take their time and appoint a quality proven Manager to take the Club forward . I think is fair to say that many fans [ including me] were NOT really happy with his revolving door policy and hope we can revert to the solid stability of pre Coyle/Flanagin where a settled squad meant team spirit was really high and Kit sponsorship was high as we knew the players were likely to be here all season !!!!!!!!!!!!

Candidates recently mentioned on the terraces include McKimm , Kinnear [ ex Dover ] and Alan Dowson , Mark Jones ex Oxford now Hemel Hempstead
Manager is an UAFA A coach and a quality guy but I just wonder IF Andy Hessentaller is on the way back to Dartford going to be interesting ????
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Golly.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Very surprised at this particularly as SK as I understood he was on contract until 2024, I can only speculate that the the board were unhappy with the revolving door policy that must surely have stretched the budget.

I am sure there will be several applicant's, and some no doubt will currently be in managerial positions.

It will be an interesting month or so, as the players who did so well for us last season such as Bonner, Jernade, Wynts, Jebb, Roberts, Wilks, Dinanga, Danny Leonard and Ade will no doubt be made offers from other clubs.

We will likely see another rebuild job ahead based on the new managerial appointment, which is a shame as we weren't that far away.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Dowson takes that twat Parry (or is it Tyler?) with him wherever he goes!
Might as well go for Jimmy Nail??
Last edited by M1 South on Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

M1 South wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:53 am Dowson takes that twat Parry with him wherever he goes!
Might as well go for Jimmy Nail??
Dont you mean Martin Tyler.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Well the SK moaners have got their wish - I fully expect you to be calling for the new manager to be sacked if they haven’t won the league by Christmas

If anyone of the directors are reading this then selling one of your best players (Husin) from under the manager mid season is never a good look.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Okay, I’m gonna say it. Great news! Nice bloke and very close. Sadly not close enough and his tinkering has been disastrous. I still have difficulty getting to sleep after that Braintree game. No idea who is gonna replace him though. But whoever it is needs to be of an even better pedigree and I’m not sure Dartford FC could attract such a person. I was amazed (and delighted) to have got Kingy when we did.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

I would like to thank Steve King for the work that he did at our club. Some of the football that we played was great to watch. Sadly, over the course of a season, we were not able to outperform the full time teams. We finished comfortably highest of the part-timers.

I can only assume that there was a difference of opinion or something more serious to trigger the statement that has been released. To not thank Steve for his service to the club suggests the latter.

To improve on what Steve achieved, I believe that we either need to become a full-time team or alternatively we need to seek out and appoint the Messiah, whomsoever he may be.

I have no idea who in the current squad is contracted for next season. If there is not a quick announcement about the appointment of a replacement, I expect that we will be learning a whole new set of names in August.

I consider this a very disappointing end to a season that promised much at the end of October. I wish the Board every success in finding a replacement that can achieve even more than Steve King did on a similar budget, or perhaps better still, an announcement that the club will become full-time with a new manager that is able to commit to that arrangement.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Very poor decision, who are you going to replace him with? Shocking!
dartfordknight

Post by dartfordknight »

It is possible Steve King wanted us to go full time and the board refused ?
Thus they parted company ?
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Apart from when we got rid of the chuckle brothers, I cannot remember the last time we sacked a management team.
And for us to sack someone possibly says that there was more to it then just going full time from part time!

We should be looking at someone from the National League or league two to take us forward.

I understand last time we was looking for a manager there was a large interest in the role, so let’s see!
terrydfc

Post by terrydfc »

Let's go for PEP he good at winning titles for his clubs
Sorry couldn't resist

What about Alan Devonshire what's he upto lately
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Klopp will soon be available. He’s bound to be sacked after also winning 2 cups in a season and not winning the league