Marcus Dinanga (Sub)
5%
Kalvin Kalala (Sub)
3%

Total votes: 39

Tony H

Re: Dartford v Braintree Town Mon 2 May 2022

Post by Tony H »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:14 pm Can’t believe Ozy is having a pop at Tom. I shudder to think what the score would have been without his valiant effort. Not just yesterday has he come to our rescue. I guess we all have a player we ‘love to hate’ and Tom may be Ozy’s. But I don’t get it. It’s way off the mark in my humble opinion. We need more players like Tom who wear the badge with pride and know how to get in the referee’s face. He a true leader and I liken him to Tony Adams.

Wilksy is recovering from a slight niggle I understand.
I think Ozy nodded off at the back of the stand again, or else he knows another Tom Bonner who sneaked into Princes Park yesterday to play in his own on the Community pitch. Come on Ozy, sort yerself out man!!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:14 pm Can’t believe Ozy is having a pop at Tom. I shudder to think what the score would have been without his valiant effort. Not just yesterday has he come to our rescue. I guess we all have a player we ‘love to hate’ and Tom may be Ozy’s. But I don’t get it. It’s way off the mark in my humble opinion. We need more players like Tom who wear the badge with pride and know how to get in the referee’s face. He a true leader and I liken him to Tony Adams.

Wilksy is recovering from a slight niggle I understand.

Agree with everything you say. He doesn’t just give his all every game though he’s also a bloody good centre back. He’s the one above most who keeps up with play reacts brilliantly and saves us time and again. For someone to say he’s a yard off makes no sense.
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

I normally sit with the defence in front of me in the second half and I can tell you that without Bonner leading that defence we would concede far more goals than we do already. In terms of being a yard off? No chance. His ability to read the game means that he is very rarely ever caught out even taking into account team errors in front of him. He has a couple of bad games this season but so has everyone else and he has had far less of them than others. I would happily take him again for next year
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:35 pm
The Futures White wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:25 pm Like the majority of others I was surprised at the number of personnel changes made yesterday (or maybe I shouldn't have been). Admittedly Murtagh's absence was enforced but 6 changes in my opinion was a bit much. Leaving three of Saturday's goal scorers on the bench was somewhat baffling but even so the team selected should have been good enough to beat Braintree. However, with so many below par performances on the pitch we got what we deserved and SK has to take some of the blame for that as well as the players. Perhaps SK will think twice about making so many changes in the future but somehow I doubt it. In my opinion I think that we should have concentrated on getting 3 points yesterday rather than having one eye on the Eastbourne match and the play offs. If we had won yesterday and Ebbsfleet had lost we would have secured 3rd place. As things stand and results don't go our way next weekend we could end up in 5th place and having to play away in the play offs. Hopefully we can get a win at Eastbourne and pray the Chelmsford do us a favour at Ebbsfleet.
5th still gives you a home playoff against 6th place.
I stand corrected...
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Wow!! A double salvo from the Smith brothers, I know I've touched a nerve.
Duke, I'm not questioning Tom's quality as a player, especially Saturday. other players were FAR worse. and it is just my opinion that Tom shouldn't be around next season.
DartfordHero, another season!1 I do hope not.
Sleightly 'love to hate' !! Tom has been enormous for this club. I'm saying he's 'old hat' and needs to go.
Kentc, I said half a yard, not a yard.
M1, I haven't a clue about Chess, nor it seems Tom Bonner. As said, this is MY opinion on the man. But then I loved Lee Noble also but even he knew he had to go in the end.
Spike, I'll let it go now.
Steve, Nice advert and I do wear glasses at the game, maybe I should stop going to Visionexpress.
Let's see if we can sort the crap performance out before the play-off's and hopefully I will be proved wrong.
What fun we have.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

ozymandias wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:05 pm Wow!! A double salvo from the Smith brothers, I know I've touched a nerve.
Duke, I'm not questioning Tom's quality as a player, especially Saturday. other players were FAR worse. and it is just my opinion that Tom shouldn't be around next season.
Sleightly 'love to hate' !! Tom has been enormous for this club. I'm saying he's 'old hat' and needs to go.
M1, I haven't a clue about Chess, nor it seems Tom Bonner. As said, this is MY opinion on the man. But then I loved Lee Noble also but even he knew he had to go in the end.
Steve, Nice advert and I do wear glasses at the game, maybe I should stop going to Visionexpress.
Let's see if we can sort the crap performance out before the play-off's and hopefully I will be proved wrong.
What fun we have.

That’s completely different then 🙂
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Let's hope players and management don't read this forum some of the rubbish I've seen on this thread won't do the team any good whatsoever.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:35 pm Let's hope players and management don't read this forum some of the rubbish I've seen on this thread won't do the team any good whatsoever.

Pot kettle and black
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

ozymandias wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:05 pm Wow!! A double salvo from the Smith brothers, I know I've touched a nerve.
What fun we have.
…and maybe you can stay awake for the next game mate!!
LA Dart

Post by LA Dart »

Same issue for me, no plan B at all. We need Murtagh as he is a footballer and without him there’s no midfield at all with the result that the ball just comes back at us every time a forward loses possession …too many Christmas Tree players and why make 6 changes to a team that just won 6-0 away from home ?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:35 pm Let's hope players and management don't read this forum some of the rubbish I've seen on this thread won't do the team any good whatsoever.
🤡🤡🤡

UpTheDarts
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Oh do shut up!

This is a fans’ forum. It’s for ‘our’ opinions. It’s not for players. And they know that. If they ‘come in here’ - it’s at their peril - particularly after a shit performance like that. On the other hand, these comments, all valid, might just wake the slackers up a bit and give King a boot up the Arsenal!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Watch it again , Y.M.B.F.Joking !!!!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Yes watch it again.....you are having a laugh!
Pathetic and a joke of a performance.
Hopefully we turn up for the play offs!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Better to get the wake up call now than during the playoffs I guess!!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

anyone know the 50-50 result?
Clare

Post by Clare »

KingKong wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:28 am anyone know the 50-50 result?
It was £289 and claimed. Sorry can’t remember the number.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Thanks