Jordan Greenidge (Sub)
No votes
Olumide Durojaiye (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 28

Tony H

Re: Dartford v St Albans City Sat 23 Apr 2022

Post by Tony H »

A win’s a win. Wasn’t at the game today but followed closely on Twitter (no commentary!) and updates from Sleightly. A wide range of views expressed about our performance on here again is somewhat baffling!!

My thoughts BEFORE the game seeing the starting line-up - a deserved break for Dan, no Meade (tight after Mondays game?), no Luke Allen and, much as we’d like to see it, no dannyL in the starting line-up (off the back of an injury break!)

Have to say, obviously, to take momentum into the play-off’s (applies in all sports) is absolutely crucial! See you at Eelli g on Tuesday night.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Hopefully Welling, not Eeling 😂
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Strange game yesterday as it had an end of season feel to it but in the end it was a comfortable victory.
It was important to get back to winning ways so well done lads.
MOTM Kieran Murtagh.

COYD
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:54 pm Rumour has it that Wilks has a tight groin that’s why he’s not playing.
I have to agree though far to many changes keep being made, why no Danny Leonard in the starting Xl surely he should’ve been straight in in place of Kalala, at least Danny can cross a ball into the box.
If Leonard had started wouldn’t that had been another change ?
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

As Park Life has said already , the match did have an end of season feel about it . St Albans looked average at best , but did threaten on occasion and got their deserved equaliser, but I always thought the Darts had enough to see the game through and deservedly took all three points with Kieren Murtagh MOTM ,Quality player , and just a pity he wasn’t a few years younger ; also a mention for Kory Roberts ,another who is starting to show what a good player he is and hopefully will be with us next season .
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

St Albans were a pretty ordinary side but we'd do well to get Shaun Jeffers at PP next season ;) (yeah, right), Noble also was pretty useful. Other than that they were nothing to shout about.
Four players stood out for me, Kory, Samir, Keiran and Kristin. First time I'd seen Kristin play and he seemed more than a capable stand-in for Meade.Yes, Keiran is getting the praises and rightfully so, two goals!! Who saw that coming? keeper made a howler on his second but he deserves the plaudits after taking a lot of stick throughout the season (From me included).
I seem to be one of few that like the way Kalvin Kalala runs at defences, okay, the final ball goes wayward but one day he'll get a nice solo goal to finish on. I would like to see more of Danny as many have said, but injuries haven't been kind to him.
Liked the fact that Keiran didn't try to go for his hat-trick and laid off the perfect ball for Marcus who thankfully does not miss those chances. MOTM for me goes to Samir who played easy balls and tried to inject pace also. Other than that, another day at the office against a poor SA.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

All about results right now. Dorking possibly but too far they don’t drop many points and 9 is a lot. Can’t finish below ebsfleet for pure local rivalry so let’s go for it
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

JCJ wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:35 am
The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:54 pm Rumour has it that Wilks has a tight groin that’s why he’s not playing.
I have to agree though far to many changes keep being made, why no Danny Leonard in the starting Xl surely he should’ve been straight in in place of Kalala, at least Danny can cross a ball into the box.
If Leonard had started wouldn’t that had been another change ?
JCJ yes that would’ve been a change but one for the better where as far to many changes keep being made almost every single week. Danny is imo the best winger we have in the team, he can provide quality balls into the box, can beat the fullbacks and scores goals. Kingy makes far far to many changes so we don’t get a settled side at all.
Spike

Post by Spike »

A comfortable win against a St Albans team that offered little resistance. Murtagh undoubtedly earning MOTM. Third place still up for grabs.

It's a strange situation when results wise, Kingy's reign has been 90% successful, we have consistently been up or around the top of the table, seen a vast array of highly talented players brought to our club, and are poised for the play-offs, yet despite all this there was an undeniably subdued mood around Princes Park on Saturday. As I was handing out the player of the season voting slips, I took a fair bit of stick and it was apparent that the overwhelming majority of fans are struggling to understand the wholesale changes to the team that seem to occur every game. Usually by this stage, the fans feel as though they know all the players strengths, weaknesses and little foibles and they would feel a "connection" with the team. However, the constant changes have made this difficult and if that connection is there at all, it is probably only with about half the players on the pitch at any one time. I think it's hard for people to identify with the team as a whole when with 3 games to go we are still having to check Twitter to find out who some of them are. Now I'm firmly in the pro Steve King camp and I think he's done a very good job but, notwithstanding the many injuries, even I am struggling to see how so many changes can help build an understanding between players and/or team morale. Competition for places is a fine thing, but when you can be MOTM one game and be dropped for the next one, I do wonder.

Regardless of the above, we find ourselves in a very good position and still in with a decent shot at promotion, especially if we can nick that third spot. I know we've blown hot and cold a bit lately but Dorking would appear to be the best team we are likely to come up against in the play-offs and we've only recently proven that if we're "blowing hot" we are more than capable of beating them, so maybe we should be a little bit more upbeat about our prospects. As fans, all we can do is get behind the eleven players on the pitch so for now, maybe we should just put our doubts aside and just get on with the business of supporting the team. There's still a chance to make this season a great one.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Agree [ as I am sure so do many other Darts fans ] with Spike's post , I believe that Steve King has a great eye for talent but is far to impulsive for change at the 1st sign [in his opinion] of a blip and the revolving door policy does nothing for Player togetherness and subsequent results
Love them or hate them the two best teams in the NLS [ Maidstone and Dorking ] have had a nucleus of 23 players in their squad and generally pick their best 11 when possible and no one can doubt their players commitment and togetherness and results

Gilesey and I were recently talking to 2 Darts Legends who told us they would have hated to play in the revolving door scenario as they were part of a squad that were competitive with each other but got a fair crack of the whip and are still big friends even to this day , thats the biggest reason we were successful under Tony Burman !!!!

The safe thing to say is that we have got into the Play offs but really most of us thought that with the resources available that we would be in with a great shout of winning the NLS especially after the 1st 10 games !!!!!

Post by 180 »

Post by 180 »