Moderator: Gary C

Tony H

Re: Player news

Post by Tony H »

I thought Jayden had a superb game yesterday! Good signing
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Surely, Junior's suspension will kick in by date, not by the fact he is injured.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Silverado wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 am
Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:20 pm
Silverado wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:16 pm I'm confused. The first reports I read of Junior Tiensia's removal from play in the Brentford B match was that he was injured. Subsequent reports said he was sent off. Now the club's statement on the loan signing of Jayden Sweeney says he's been signed to cover for the nature of Junior's injury. So which was it - injury or sending off? Or both (i.e. sent off for committing an offence in which was injured)?
He got sent off at Hungerford but then got injured in the game against Brentford B.
In Steve's post match interview today he said unfortunately he will be out for the remainder of the season.
Thanks for explaining that. Presumably his suspension hadn't kicked in before the Brentford match (assuming a London Senior Cup match would have counted towards it). If he's going to be out for the rest of the season, I presume his suspension won't start until the beginning of next season (wherever he may be by then). And is it a 1-match or 3-match suspension? Get well soon, Junior!
If I understand it correctly it doesn’t matter whether Junior is injured or not, his suspension still comes into play which would’ve started yesterday. So in a way it’s a good thing that he was out injured as it falls over his suspension, it’s just a pity that he’s got such a bad injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season.

Jayden Sweeney looks an excellent replacement for Junior to cover that left back position. Apart from 1 slip yesterday he had a superb debut for us.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Jayden had a great game yesterday and it was the first time I've seen Ody who I thought had a tremendous first half.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Another goal for Dan Roberts yesterday in Carshaltons 3-0 win over Haringey.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:11 pm Another goal for Dan Roberts yesterday in Carshaltons 3-0 win over Haringey.
You see what a goal for George did yesterday for his confidence hopefully Dan comes back with renewed confidence.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Marcus Dinanga has been awarded the National League South player of the month for February. Not bad for so few appearances!!.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

George came over to where I was at the end of the game, he obviously had friends there. I was about three feet away. The look on his face told me he was buzzing from that performance, his own as well as the teams. :D
The Futures White

Academy player Martial Godo, who has also been playing for Margate this season, has signed a professional contract with Fulham.
MickW

Post by MickW »

How come we have an academy lad who is good enough for Fulham but not getting an outing with the first team? are we spending too much time looking at loan players without considering our own?
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

MickW wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:14 pm How come we have an academy lad who is good enough for Fulham but not getting an outing with the first team? are we spending too much time looking at loan players without considering our own?
Perhaps our manager does not take our Academy set up very seriously in terms of bringing new young players through to the first team squad?
The Futures White

D'Sean Theobalds stay at Welling didn't last long. He is one of 5 players released by their new manager who has also brought in 8 new players!. :o
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Futures White wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:45 pm D'Sean Theobalds stay at Welling didn't last long. He is one of 5 players released by their new manager who has also brought in 8 new players!. :o
Blimey the Bus Stop has been busy this week......

https://www.wellingunited.com/transfers ... view-road/

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/200 ... ight-drop/
Spike

Post by Spike »

Yep, excitement is at fever pitch

The Futures White

Kingstonian have signed D'sean Theobalds.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Well Steve said he has until Thursday to bring in new players which he hopes to do so I guess its watch this space . I would like to see a midfield hard man come in , someone who will stick the foot in like Noble .
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

David Ijaha fits the spec but is he fit as I understood he had a bad injury ?
The Futures White

Dartford have announced the loan signing of Samir Carruthers from Hemel Hempstead until the end of the season. He's a 28 year old central midfielder who has made 193 appearances in the PL & EFL with Aston Villa, Sheffield Utd, MK Dons, Oxford Utd and Cambridge Utd.
Last edited by The Futures White on Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Looked him up on the internet, has has a great pedigree and the experienced midfielder ,[ still only 30 ] that we were asking for , IF he is still hungry and stays injury free could be a key man in the final 9 games !!!
butcheragano

Post by butcheragano »

His entry on Wikipedia is rather interesting , under the Controversy section