Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Player news

Post by The Duke »

On a pure Business basis Ronnie was dispensable as [ in most Darts fans eyes] he was 4th choice centre back and by selling him [ and Noor] it hopefully gives Kingy some cash to bring in a striker +1 , Ronnie wouldnt be happy being 4th choice so the move will suit him [ just down the road] , so everyones happy !!!!!!!!!!!

Kory Roberts looks a good signing , so just 2 more to get us [ seriously] back into getting promoted
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Yes as Duke says Ronnie when all fit would have been 4th choice and I get the feeling it was Ronnie choice to go not sure but why would Kingy let him go with Hill out for the season and Essam now injured? Plus to me Ronnie never looked fit,

Hopefully we can get a couple more players in personally think strikers are not our problem but getting the midfield players to create the chances for them, Ade works hard and as been unlucky in recent games with a couple of goals ruled out on dodgy offside decisions plus a great save from the Tonbridge keeper denied him a goal, Jake will always get goals but unfortunately he is 35 so maybe will not play every game, I like to see Dan Roberts given another goal possibly starting on the bench and bring him on in the last 20 minutes to run at the defence, but his confidence must be at all time low now.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

JCJ wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:59 am Yes as Duke says Ronnie when all fit would have been 4th choice and I get the feeling it was Ronnie choice to go not sure but why would Kingy let him go with Hill out for the season and Essam now injured? Plus to me Ronnie never looked fit.
[/quote)

To be honest we all know why Ronnie was 4th choice ? Let’s not beat about the bush ,Ronnie at the age of 25 ?as you say “never looked fit “ put it bluntly, he was overweight ! we can put it down to his injuries or maybe it was just down to self discipline? Whatever the circumstances he was never going to be first or second choice in SK’s eyes so probably decided he would get more game time at Dulwich ? I hope it does work out for him and hopefully he can get back to the form he showed much earlier in his career . Kory looks a good signing and as I said in another post ,he has got plenty of pace and comfortable on the ball with a good eye for a pass , so he could be a good alternative or a possibility for an holding midfielder ?
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

We have a new striker! Marcus Dinanga
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Kebabus wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:09 pm We have a new striker! Marcus Dinanga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dinanga

Info on wiki incorrect
Wrong date of birth should be 2/1/98
Born in Mbuji-Mayi in DR Congo
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Born in Gravesend - but I think we can forgive him that.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I was hoping to have heard news by now of the incomings Steve told us about . Patients was never my strong point 😩😩😩
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

KSTDART wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:02 pm Patients was never my strong point 😩😩😩
Wouldn't make a good doctor then :)
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

We don't normally hear they just magically appear on match day!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

KingKong wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm We don't normally hear they just magically appear on match day!
I do hope you're not suggesting that the club are poor at updating the fans when new players are signed (or when players leave for that matter)?. :roll:
Last edited by The Futures White on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Futures White wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 pm
KingKong wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm We don't normally hear they just magically appear on match day!
Are you suggesting that the club are poor at updating the fans when new players are signed (or when players leave for that matter)?. :roll:
As KingKong said - they either magically appear or disappear. I saw somewhere on here that Kedman had left. Is that right?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

rick wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:19 pm
The Futures White wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 pm
Are you suggesting that the club are poor at updating the fans when new players are signed (or when players leave for that matter)?. :roll:
As KingKong said - they either magically appear or disappear. I saw somewhere on here that Kedman had left. Is that right?
Apparently he walked out when Kai signed not 100% sure if this true.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Kind of makes sense really. Any announcement early only gives the opposition more time to adjust their game plan.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Wookie wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 pm
Kind of makes sense really. Any announcement early only gives the opposition more time to adjust their game plan.
But we still haven't been told anything about Krabbendam, who appeared on the bench at the Welling game.

There's keeping the game plan secret, then there's just keeping your own fans in the dark - especially when it comes to departures.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Seems we have signed Ody Alfa from QPR on loan.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

KSTDART wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:05 pm Seems we have signed Ody Alfa from QPR on loan.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-ne ... an-090222/

The 22-year-old forward will stay with the National League South outfit for the remainder of the season.

Alfa has previously enjoyed loan spells with Billericay Town and Maidenhead United

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ody_Alfa

Looks like when he was on loan at Billericay that Jake Robinson was playing there too.
Convinced (or maybe I need new glasses) this is Jake on the right with Ody centre:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/25404/alfab ... sutton.jpg
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Tony H wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:56 pm
SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm Gutted to see Noor go. Can't blame him, but he really was the heart-beat of the midfield for me. Without him I can only see us sliding further down the division. Sadly, I don't believe King has what it takes to get a side promoted.
Completely ridiculous statement that adds no value to this thread whatsoever!
And your comments do? I was expressing disappointment at seeing a quality player like Noor leave. This forum can be a weird place at times when people can't accept others opinions.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm
Tony H wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:56 pm
SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm Gutted to see Noor go. Can't blame him, but he really was the heart-beat of the midfield for me. Without him I can only see us sliding further down the division. Sadly, I don't believe King has what it takes to get a side promoted.
Completely ridiculous statement that adds no value to this thread whatsoever!
And your comments do? I was expressing disappointment at seeing a quality player like Noor leave. This forum can be a weird place at times when people can't accept others opinions.
4 wins and 2 draws since Noor left that’s some slide. :lol:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Exactly Brassneck. I did think we would miss Noor but not to the point our season would collapse. Jack Jebb has stepped up a gear and is playing very well as are some other players and the introduction of Marcus and other players coming in makes it interesting times. :D
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »