Luke Wanadio (Sub)
No votes
Dan Roberts (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 33

KingKong

Re: Dartford v Dulwich Hamlet Saturday 8th January

Post by KingKong »

Amazing.. Probably the only bar in football where Ant and Dec are on the TV at half time...absolute joke and has been for ages! Sort it not for f*ck sake.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 0-0.

Pretty even first half but unfortunately they took their only real decent chance.

IMO we need better service from wide areas with earlier delivery in the box.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1 all, the goal machine Robinson.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub- Wanadio for Kalvin.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Wynter for Hyde.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub - Roberts for Robinson.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

First half awful. 2nd half much better, our decision making in the final 3rd let us down today - Mainly ade choosing to go for the volley rather than nod it in and Wanadio trying to cut back and be clever rather than just hit it.

Shame to drop 2 more points but damage limitation I guess.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’ll take a draw after that abysmal first half display. Much better second half but where is our midfield and why do we not start with Jake n Danny f’kin Roberts from the start. Ade’s head’s elsewhere. MOTM for me is Wilksy for THAT save. HTF!?
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Dulwich will be gutted not to have taken all 3 points as they were on top for 3 quarters of the game . We looked a shadow of the team that started of the season and looked completely devoid of ideas for long periods. We constantly gave the ball away cheaply with poor pass’s or having the ball snatched away after taking to long and dawdling on the ball . The few times the ball got played out wide the cross never cleared the 1st man.
The changes helped and Luke added a threat .At least we managed to salvage a point after a very fortunate deflection landed at the feet of Jake who’s shot was saved but he nodded in the rebound.

Jake Robinson scores Dartford’s equaliser v Dulwich
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Agree with earlier posts.
Whilst we have no divine right to win games ,we look
Jaded and tired.
The 1st half was poor and we were not at the races
The 2nd half was better but how Essam missed our best chance still has me puzzled.
Our equaliser from a rebound was fortunate but deserved
Wilkes then made a worldy save .to earn us a point

After our great start to the season , the play offs look to be our best hope
IMHO the effort is there but the quality has gone AWOL.
Harry

Post by Harry »

A very good point as I felt they were better than us, we got the luck today, could have been a penalty just before we scored.

Agree with the post above, if we can make the playoffs that would be great, if we can hang in as close to the top of the table as long as possible we might just hit form towards the end of the season !

Personally I would like us to let the handbrake off and go for it, we seem to be playing not to lose rather than open up and take the game to our opposition, having said that we did manage to maintain our unbeaten home record which is very positive !
oranj

Post by oranj »

That was a good game between two evenly matched teams. Dulwich were the better team in the first half, but we turned things around at the break and were vastly improved in the second half. There was very little to separate the teams so a draw was probably a fair result. The shocking conditions didn’t do either team any favours, but Dulwich seemed to settle into the game far quicker than Dartford did.

Is Jernade Meade injured? We really miss him at left back. Kedman played well in his absence though. Noor was absolutely brilliant today and fully deserved his MOM.

It was disappointing to hear some boos at the final whistle. We can’t win every game. A win and a draw against a team that’ll finish in the playoffs is a fine return in my opinion. We are still unbeaten at home and I think that’ll continue, starting with a very winnable game against Weymouth in the FA trophy.
Last edited by oranj on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Totally agree with you Kstdart, a very accurate and fair assessment, 1st half we were poor and 2nd although a lot more effort but mostly with no end product, most crosses were easily dealt with and as kstdart mentioned failed to clear the 1st man. I too felt Dulwich were much the better side who looked more dangerous and created better chances, I also agree with another poster regarding Ade being out of sorts, he's been off he's game for a few games now, I think it's time to try Porter with Robinson up front. We definitely miss Leonard with he's skill and quality crosses into the box
I can't believe kingy's interview on Kent saying we deserved to win and battered them 2nd half! a lot more effort maybe, but come on kingy. Our form in the last 10 games is awful with 2 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats, amassing just 10pts from 30, sitting 17th in the 10 match form table. Apart from the Fleet match last week, We've been looking more like a mid-table side than a championship winning side that we were playing like earlier this season. Just hope we can get back on track and at least get a playoff place come end of the season.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Steve King has a reputation for being ruthless and the points gained in the last 10 games show that this team currently look great on paper but are NOT achieving , so surely time for some of them to depart ?????
GPS

Post by GPS »

Yes Steve king he has lost The plot he’s more worried about what he’s wearing then our team
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Agree with Kst 100%, sadly.

A draw was a fair result in poor conditions

Also yes Harry, release the handbrake and go for it.

Seem to need to ask every game, what was the attendance? 1500...

Still, a point gained at the end there today
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

A point against a good side - poor weather conditions made it difficult for either side to play the football we would have hoped to see from these too sides.

Agree, first half showing was lacking from us. Good approach play at times with absolutely no end product. Much improved second half showing that deserved the equaliser and a point salvaged. What a save by Dan Wilkes to preserve that point though btw!!!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:03 pm Seem to need to ask every game, what was the attendance? 1500...
Dartford v Dulwich Sat 8 Jan 2022 FT 1-1 Att 1345
Scorers: Robinson (71)
Booked: Jebb, Husin, Steve King, Bonner
Team: Wilks, Clarke, Kedman, Husin, Essam, Bonner, Kalala, Jebb, Robinson, Hyde, Azeez
Subs used: Wanadio, Wynter, Roberts
Bench warmers: Murtagh, Porter
Match Official: Ben Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Charles Martland
Assistant Referee: Luigi Lungarella
rambo

Post by rambo »

I thought overall dulwich were better than us but we stepped up a gear and in truth had chances to win the game
The ref was an idiot and made no allowance for the conditions in the first half
The Lino on dug out side was as useless as the ref. They both saw the foul on kalvin by the corner flag but ignored it. Kingy disputed it and pointed out to the idiot ref that kingy saw it and dulwich should have penalised. He said I saw it I am right you are wrong and I’m getting booked. Officials at this level for me are a disgrace
As for our team I just don’t know what has gone wrong , I feel it is possible that not every player on the field is giving 100% so if it is up to kingy to sort this out
I think we played 433 but there was nobody on the left wing
If the players can’t get width on both sides with a 433 maybe it’s time to try an old fashioned 442
Two workers in central mid with two wingers supplying crosses to two forwards
It’s getting depressing but we soldier on- surely our form will return
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Not at all surprised by that result, because Dulwich always seem to be up for it against us. By the commentary, we seemed to have a lot of possession, but no end product, although we seemed to miss a few chances too!

I don't think it is just the Darts struggling to get the points in. We have now seen Oxford, Maidstone and now Ebbsfleet top of the table, and that is just within the last week! With half the season still to go, there is still a lot of time for all teams in the mix to either forge ahead or have a drop in form.

Again, the commentary suggests that our approach work is good, but we seem not to be attacking teams as fast as we did at the beginning of the season with quick inter play. Are the opposition setting themselves up to stop our earlier style of play? I don't know cos I can't see the live games. And I haven't had time to compare the makeup of the team at the beginning of the season compared to now. But we still remain in the mix and have a good opportunity next week v Weymouth to get our confidence back by putting away our chances

COYD