rick
Site Admin

Re: FA Trophy 3rd round - Cray Wanderers v Dartford - Saturday December 18th

Post by rick »

Anyone know the attendance please?
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Well done darts, look forward to hearing from those that went today later, and of course the goals from Kev if you got them...

COYDsssss
Eagle88

Post by Eagle88 »

Attached 473
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Eagle88 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:22 pmAtt 473
Cheers Dave.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Tall Dart wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:28 pm Well done darts, look forward to hearing from those that went today later, and of course the goals from Kev if you got them...

COYDsssss
I got them buddy , just going to upload them now
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

3-1 but Cray had hit the woodwork twice before we had a 5 minute spell where we took the game away from them . Apart from that there was not to much to talk about . In the end we are in the draw for the next round which is the main thing.

Here are the goals

KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Jakes movement and finish for the first goal is sublime.We lost something when he came off and he was unhappy to be subbed but sk was worried about the knock he had just had I think so fair enough. Good performance though should have had a couple more but delighted with win.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Well done by the lads. Lost commentary feed a few times, but at least kept in touch with the game.

It's getting to the interesting stages if the competition as we progress to the last 16 and also a couple of upsets today, including Tonbridge beating Torquay.

COYD
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

I thought we were distinctly second best in the first 20 minutes: Cray were faster and more direct. But once our first goal went in, we really upped our game, and 3 goals in 10 minutes effectively killed the game. I wouldn't begrudge the Wands their consolation goal towards the end - they had certainly worked hard enough to deserve it.
Now on to Boxing Day to see if we can reclaim the top spot from Websfleet.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Pleased to see a win (my first since FA Cup at Maidstone - seems such a long while ago), and after an even first 20 minutes when Cray had chances to score, the 3-goal burst in 6 minutes killed the game in our favour, and we showed good movement and a bit of extra class for the rest of the first half. Tyrique did so well chasing the rebound and crossing from a tight angel for Jake to pass in the first goal. The penalty looked rather soft, then Danny suddenly made scoring look easy again for the 3rd goal.
Second half was an anti-climax with the final passes going astray, and not a surprise that Cray scored a deserved goal, as their heads could have gone down after effectively losing the game in that 6 minutes goal burst. However, with all the changes it shouldn't be too surprising that we looked disjointed; good to see Ronnie and Jordan strong at the back to give options for the next matches. Substitutions tended to show why they weren't in the starting eleven, but we did enough to hold out and can look forward to Monday's draw - maybe home for a change (subject to any lockdowns by then).
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Good win today in what i thought would be a tricky tie.
With the number of players unavailable it was good to see Jake, Jordan and Jack starting a game after injuries and credit to the back four as with three centre halves and a full back missing it must have been difficult for them playing together for the first time. I think it showed what a good squad we have and hopefully today is the start of us going on another good run as we have some tough games coming up.

We started the game well enough but after a while Cray got going and had a decent chance but failed to convert.
We then took control and in a devastating period we got in behind them several times and scored three goals in quick succession which won the game for us. Rest of the half we were in control and second half we closed the game out and looked comfortable, the 3-1 scoreline was a fair reflection.

MOTM - Jake back scoring again was great to see but Tyrique just gets my vote. Played a big part in our goals, comfortable in possession and got forward several times causing them loads of problems.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I didn't go but it's so good to see Jordan back. :D
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

After a shaky 1st 20mins we got into our stride, but what does it take for Tyrique Hyde to be an automatic starter in this side he was mom in the Hemel game by a country mile than gets dropped against the stones last week, starts again today and was involved in all 3 goals! He's ability, movement is terrific and he's footwork in the box is so good he could win strictly hands down. He was again mom for me today just ahead of Jake who also put in a very good shift.
The 2nd half was not a great spectacle, how Dan Roberts missed that header I don't know but he does show one hell of commitment. Next week against ££££fleet we surely must take the game to them with a 4-4-2 as when watching their recent defeat at home to the stones they did look vulnerable to pace.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Workmanlike, did enough to win the game with three well taken goals without being outstanding! No need to be - a wins a win with momentum to take into the big ‘un on Boxing Day.

Agree with all that’s said about Hydey - he just makes things happen and his work rate is phenomenal. Big shout for Robbo as MoM but Jebby gets my vote. Great to see him back.

Concern - The other Robbo (Dan) not weighing in with any goals for quite a while now.

Bring on Boxing Day - hopefully no lockdown nonesense and inclement weather, otherwise a big crowd expected. Happy Christmas everyone.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

As several have commented Cray were the better team for the first 20 minutes but 3 goals in just a few minutes followed virtually killing the game.
Full marks to Cray for continuing to fight on and I think they deserved the consolation goal as a reward for knocking out Ebbsfleet in the last round :lol:
Did I miss understand the cark park regulations which appeared to deter people from coming early for a drink with a maximum 3 hours parking ?
I got to the ground at 1.40pm so in theory I needed to leave 5 minutes from the end so I did so just in case or is it just me a sad old 73 years old :?
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Good to get a win which could of been a tricky tie good to see Hyde jebb and husin in midfield all 3 gave 100% good to see wynter back Robinson was lively onto boxing day
Merry Xmas everyone stay safe see you boxing day
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought the penalty looked soft, but I'll take it. As for Tyrique, admittedly he looks good but against Billericay he was awful and taken off early. Needs to be on it for every game. But then everyone had a stinker that day.
I see that Maidstone had an easy game at Maidenhead, almost as easy as the game against us. :D