CONSTRUCTIVE IDEAS

Moderator: Gary C

M1 South

Re: CONSTRUCTIVE IDEAS

Post by M1 South »

Jesus Christ…..has the beautiful game come to this??
Have they never heard of the calamity that was ‘My FC’ at Webbedfeet??
God help our Grandkids!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

M1 South wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:37 pm Jesus Christ…..has the beautiful game come to this??
Have they never heard of the calamity that was ‘My FC’ at Webbedfeet??
God help our Grandkids!!
Surely you're not saying you prefer the wooden man to lesbian pirates?
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Well done KingKong for uploading the article on Lewes FC. A club like Bromley and Dulwich who do things the right way. I was a regular visitor to the Dripping Pan a few years ago watching the women's team while claiming the occasional free drink using their match day loyalty cards.
The policy of equal pay for both senior men and women's teams has been a roaring success.
I'm not suggesting for one minute that Dartford FC should be considering doing the same. It's too early.
The wage structure employed by Lewes FC is sustainable due to the attendances of both the men and women's team being around the same level with the women attracting more supporters on many occasions. Also the girls have consistently been members of the Women's Championship which ranked them higher in the pyramid than their male counterparts. Unfortunately they got relegated this season but I don't believe it will makes any difference to the pay structure and expect them to bounce back at the first attempt next season.
Our girls have finished their season top of the South East Regional Premier League and won two trophies including the League Cup. They've earned the club £15,000 in FA Cup prize money alone. They returned to Princes Park after the League Cup Final to find the Champions Bar was still closing early so celebrated elsewhere until the early hours.
The same establishment welcomed them again after their Kent Cup Final success. A lot of money was spent and the venue's gain was the Champions Bar's loss. Incredible when you read the club recently posted a £73,000 loss.
The girls don't get paid for playing nor do they get travelling expenses if they have to make their own way to away games. I always thought the £4 admission fee to watch their home games went towards it. They didn't see a single penny from their fantastic FA Cup run and the trophies were won through shear pride in wearing the Dartford shirt.
As I've already mentioned we are some way off from adopting the Lewes model but if you were looking at performance related pay then what have the men done? Apart from regularly going out of the major Cup competitions at the first attempt and getting the club relegated. Overpaid for no delivery.
And where are they now? Back in the Isthmian.
And who with? Lewes. Spiffing! Absolutely Spiffing! As Basil Fawlty would say. The women's stats this season have made for good reading and would win the league title 9 times out of 10.
If they don't go up I'd put money on them smashing it next season while the guys will probably find themselves battling it out for a play-off place in the cauldron of the Dripping Pan.
From what I've seen this season the board should be more proactive regarding the ladies by looking after them a bit better than they have. Lewes have been and continue to be a shining example when it comes to innovation. Investing more in our women's team will lead to more sponsorship.
In this day and age companies want to be seen to be doing the right thing more than ever and equality being top of the agenda is something they want to be associated with.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:29 am Well done KingKong for uploading the article on Lewes FC. A club like Bromley and Dulwich who do things the right way. I was a regular visitor to the Dripping Pan a few years ago watching the women's team while claiming the occasional free drink using their match day loyalty cards.
The policy of equal pay for both senior men and women's teams has been a roaring success.
I'm not suggesting for one minute that Dartford FC should be considering doing the same. It's too early.
The wage structure employed by Lewes FC is sustainable due to the attendances of both the men and women's team being around the same level with the women attracting more supporters on many occasions. Also the girls have consistently been members of the Women's Championship which ranked them higher in the pyramid than their male counterparts. Unfortunately they got relegated this season but I don't believe it will makes any difference to the pay structure and expect them to bounce back at the first attempt next season.
Our girls have finished their season top of the South East Regional Premier League and won two trophies including the League Cup. They've earned the club £15,000 in FA Cup prize money alone. They returned to Princes Park after the League Cup Final to find the Champions Bar was still closing early so celebrated elsewhere until the early hours.
The same establishment welcomed them again after their Kent Cup Final success. A lot of money was spent and the venue's gain was the Champions Bar's loss. Incredible when you read the club recently posted a £73,000 loss.
The girls don't get paid for playing nor do they get travelling expenses if they have to make their own way to away games. I always thought the £4 admission fee to watch their home games went towards it. They didn't see a single penny from their fantastic FA Cup run and the trophies were won through shear pride in wearing the Dartford shirt.
As I've already mentioned we are some way off from adopting the Lewes model but if you were looking at performance related pay then what have the men done? Apart from regularly going out of the major Cup competitions at the first attempt and getting the club relegated. Overpaid for no delivery.
And where are they now? Back in the Isthmian.
And who with? Lewes. Spiffing! Absolutely Spiffing! As Basil Fawlty would say. The women's stats this season have made for good reading and would win the league title 9 times out of 10.
If they don't go up I'd put money on them smashing it next season while the guys will probably find themselves battling it out for a play-off place in the cauldron of the Dripping Pan.
From what I've seen this season the board should be more proactive regarding the ladies by looking after them a bit better than they have. Lewes have been and continue to be a shining example when it comes to innovation. Investing more in our women's team will lead to more sponsorship.
In this day and age companies want to be seen to be doing the right thing more than ever and equality being top of the agenda is something they want to be associated with.
Cracking post!! personally, I can’t ‘get’ into the ladies’ game at any level. Just can’t. But I absolutely applaud what the ‘gals’ have achieved at DFC and I’m disappointed to the core that their efforts are not rewarded.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Suggest the Board book an appointment and visit the owner of Chatham F C as he must be doing something right as I have just spotted on the internet the following increase in crowd numbers , increases that we would die for , how does he do it ?????????????

20 years ago average of 174
10 years ago " 112
5 years ago " 194
This Season " 1541

Impressive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

We were there last season Duke, with Park Life, when the home game against Taunton was called off. The crowd then was well over 1,000. with most other games called off due to frost. The whole place was buzzing with families and a high proportion of issues in the crowd (well the clubhouse doing wine). A distinct advantage was their plain pitch which meant the game was 100 per cent on and there was walking football and other activities in the pitch before kick off. A real must to benchmark against their new initiatives
Last edited by Taunton Dart on Tue May 14, 2024 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Taunton Dart wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 pm We were there last season Due, with Park Life, when the home game against Taunton was called off. The crowd then was well over 1,000. with most other games called off due to frost. The whole place was buzzing with families and a high proportion of issues in the crowd (well the clubhouse doing wine). A distinct advantage was their plain pitch which meant the game was 100 per cent on and there was walking football and other activities in the pitch before kick off. A real must to benchmark against their new initiatives
Not me mate, only been to Chatham when the Darts are playing.

No doubt Chatham have done well and been winning consistently but they have a money man whose thrown a few bob at it. Let's see how they do when they hit their level and aren't winning every week.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Park Life wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:27 pm
Taunton Dart wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 pm We were there last season Due, with Park Life, when the home game against Taunton was called off. The crowd then was well over 1,000. with most other games called off due to frost. The whole place was buzzing with families and a high proportion of issues in the crowd (well the clubhouse doing wine). A distinct advantage was their plain pitch which meant the game was 100 per cent on and there was walking football and other activities in the pitch before kick off. A real must to benchmark against their new initiatives

No doubt Chatham have done well and been winning consistently but they have a money man whose thrown a few bob at it. Let's see how they do when they hit their level and aren't winning every week.
That was probably Gilsey that was with Duke as they’ve been to Chatham a few times together.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Park Life wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:27 pm

Sorry, my mistake, it was Gilesy
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Bit defensive Parklife to a bit of positive thinking ??/ , maybe the money man has upped the playing budget which helps but IF you had been you would see a real Community spirit with loads of add ons with new ideas which has got the crowds in and seen just what can happen with people wanting to progress rather than just f.....g talking about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:33 pm Bit defensive Parklife to a bit of positive thinking ??/ , maybe the money man has upped the playing budget which helps but IF you had been you would see a real Community spirit with loads of add ons with new ideas which has got the crowds in and seen just what can happen with people wanting to progress rather than just f.....g talking about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not negative mate just my experience that generally speaking in football if you're winning games more people will come and i agree that a bit of money helps with that.

I have been there a couple of times and saw the seating area which is good idea as their layout allows it but as this is the "Constructive Ideas" thread what are the "add ons and new ideas" as we may be able to do the same or similar????????
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Hi PL , I have no clout {and at 78 dont want any !!] to get involved in front line discussions with the Board although I think you would be a "Great Fans Ambassador " and have the full backing of real Darts fans

Will this happen mmmmmmm ??? , so best idea is that he men with the clout [the Board] go and see the " Chatham Community Experience "and nick the best money making ideas for Dartford F C

Either way looking forward to next season with many away games accessable and increase in Darts support always a great atmosphere !!!!!!!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

I don't want to be picky Duke, but it doesn't seem fair for you to call our club out for not introducing the same initiatives and "add-ons" as Chatham when you haven't actually said what a single one of those initiatives and add-ons are. From where I'm standing, the only difference between us and them is that they were winning and we were losing. Rumours are that they have a big budget so If that's true and it's just a case of them being funded by a generous benefactor then that rarely lasts forever and doesn't really constitute a self-sustainable business model, more simply a stroke of good fortune. You could argue that our constitution might tend to dissuade any such mega investors but given how such situations have so often ended in tears, it's debatable whether the short term gain is worth it in the long run. I do agree that Park Life would make a good fan's rep on the board though, if only to stir up the pot as it all seems to have got a little stale of late.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Hi Spike

Only a suggestion based on several visits to Chatham when I could 'nt[ for health reasons ] go to most of the Darts away games last season , I dont have the answers but they must be doing something right !!!!!!!!!!!
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Fans rep ??? …ing laughable
Wake up this board has to go end of
This club has been ruined by the club for mates brigade and that is the brutal truth
They won’t want a fans rep and I think most darts fans know that
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Ozy. While i understand that you may have problems writing coherent sentences , I should remind u this is called constructive and not destructive ideas. Look in something called a dictionary .
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

He does sort of have a point though!! Not ‘get rid of‘ of course but I believe the Board could do with a bit of (how can I put this?) freshening up??
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:49 am He does sort of have a point though!! Not ‘get rid of‘ of course but I believe the Board could do with a bit of (how can I put this?) freshening up??
I'm sure someone very wise mentioned this in the very first post in this topic 🤣🤣
I have directly suggested this to the board as well so we'll just have to watch this space.
They have obviously listened though as they have already made some changes mentioned on this thread including most importantly the free season ticket for under 16s.
Long way still to go though.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Don't look at me. Been there done that.
I agree with everything mostly . I find life much easier.
I just don't want any confusion in that area.
I used to be happy but the medication has seen to that.
Up the Dart's.
Some very good posts on here.