Isthmian Premier League News

Moderator: Gary C

DA Mikey

Re: Isthmian Premier League News

Post by DA Mikey »

tommytollbooth wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:16 pm I said in an earlier post the Isthmian premier might be the kick up the arse Dartford FC needs on and off the field of play. It’s amazing to think we will be playing Cray Valley next season, how long ago was it we were playing (beating) Luton and Wrexham.
Very true. Same Luton will have felt and Yeovil last season, Torquay currently as well. Conversely Dorking (although probably plateaued now). Agree with Taunton that it makes being a football fan exciting. I wonder what percentage of supporters have / will never experience relegation? What a bland existence!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It was an absolute disaster to get relegated and still P****S me right off.
But surprisingly I'm really looking forward to the new season where hopefully i can finally draw a line under the previous........
Plus some new grounds to visit but more importantly you can get home at a reasonable time and go out on the beer every Saturday night ⚽⚽🍻🍻👍👍

Hopefully Saturdays will become fun again.

COYD
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It takes me back to the last season in the Isthmian Premier Division - I think our away record was 18 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss..... But then again my memory isn't what it used to be. How about last game of the season away to Bognor?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'm looking forward to next season personally.
I think it'll give us time to recoup, it may even take us a couple of seasons.
It would be a great feat should Ade get us back up first time of asking. With the level of players leaving it would be a big ask.
Burman took us up with a great settled squad that took a few seasons.
Let's hope Ade can do the same.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:16 pm It takes me back to the last season in the Isthmian Premier Division - I think our away record was 18 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss..... But then again my memory isn't what it used to be. How about last game of the season away to Bognor?
Incredible away record that year. We only lost to Tooting (I’m sure Carl Rook made his debut there) and Billericay. The draw was at Wealdstone. Didn’t we finish with 5 or 6 away games that season, too, having already secured the title with that amazing 6-2 wi at second placed Kingstonian?
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

.... And Kingstonian were managed by.......
DA1

Re: Isthmian Premier 2024/25

Post by DA1 »

Bowers & Pitsea beat Brentwood Town 3–2 on penalties after drawing 1-1 AET.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Bowers and Pitsea made an immediate return to the Isthmian Premier following relegation. Two penalty shoot out wins in the play off semi and final was sufficient. Perhaps we can take some encouragement from that although our record in play off penalties suggests otherwise!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

We won't be in the Play-off Final next year - promoted as Champions is my hope
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Skip wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:07 pm
Taunton Dart wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:16 pm It takes me back to the last season in the Isthmian Premier Division - I think our away record was 18 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss..... But then again my memory isn't what it used to be. How about last game of the season away to Bognor?
Incredible away record that year. We only lost to Tooting (I’m sure Carl Rook made his debut there) and Billericay. The draw was at Wealdstone. Didn’t we finish with 5 or 6 away games that season, too, having already secured the title with that amazing 6-2 wi at second placed Kingstonian?
Spot on. I always remember that game at T&M (Imperial Fields?) by Gooner Paul saying “I hope we kept the receipt” after watching Rook for the first time. Chindaloo (Allan Tait) didn’t score too many goals, but his effort was better.
That season was absolutely epic :twisted:
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I remember all that quite clearly. It was the year I moved to Dartford from Bedfordshire and became a Dartford supporter and gave up my Gooner season ticket.

I was hooked instantly with the facilities, the team (top of the league) and a friendly bunch of fans. (“We’re gonna bounce in minute…” 😜)

Was it then that Lee Burns was CF and scored almost on demand?

Great days. And then to follow!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m surprised that no-one has yet mentioned the seriously far more important impact of relegation to the Isthmian Premier - and that is I can’t be Dartford coach in Football Manager anymore! Having previously got us promoted to the NL via the playoffs and lost in the final of the Trophy. Played it again this year and got sacked on Boxing Day whilst hovering above the relegation zone. (Whilst on the subject, I know a guy who is at about season 2053/54 with DFC in the Premier League and winning everything. But I’m guessing he is cheating the FFP rules! 😜 )
Skip

Post by Skip »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:03 pm I remember all that quite clearly. It was the year I moved to Dartford from Bedfordshire and became a Dartford supporter and gave up my Gooner season ticket.

I was hooked instantly with the facilities, the team (top of the league) and a friendly bunch of fans. (“We’re gonna bounce in minute…” 😜)

Was it then that Lee Burns was CF and scored almost on demand?

Great days. And then to follow!
What a signing Burnsy turned out to be. Originally signed as a midfielder but started up front with Robbie Howarth and scored and scored and kept scoring…
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Burnsie was a genuinely decent fella and a great bloke to have in your team [ he wouldnt have put up with last seasons slackers ] , he really was a defender/midfielder but did have that one crazy season as a striker when I think he got 20 goals but next season couldnt hit a barn door except for a crazy headed goal from 18 yards at Cambridge Utd which bounced over their keeper , behind the goal we ALL laughed and he laughed with us !!!

Great servant to Dartford FC [ with the others under TB ] , really enjoyable days of being a Darts fan !!!!!!!!!!!!
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Marlow beat Leatherhead 3-1. Assume they will go Southern League South.
Skip

Post by Skip »

The Duke wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:54 pm Burnsie was a genuinely decent fella and a great bloke to have in your team [ he wouldnt have put up with last seasons slackers ] , he really was a defender/midfielder but did have that one crazy season as a striker when I think he got 20 goals but next season couldnt hit a barn door except for a crazy headed goal from 18 yards at Cambridge Utd which bounced over their keeper , behind the goal we ALL laughed and he laughed with us !!!

Great servant to Dartford FC [ with the others under TB ] , really enjoyable days of being a Darts fan !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasn’t that goal scored at St Albans, Dukey?
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:54 pm Burnsie was a genuinely decent fella and a great bloke to have in your team [ he wouldnt have put up with last seasons slackers ] , he really was a defender/midfielder but did have that one crazy season as a striker when I think he got 20 goals but next season couldnt hit a barn door except for a crazy headed goal from 18 yards at Cambridge Utd which bounced over their keeper , behind the goal we ALL laughed and he laughed with us !!!

According to my unofficial online stats for Lee Burns:

Made 39 (and 4 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2009-2010 season. Scored 23 goals
Made 40 (and 6 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2010-2011 season. Scored 1 goal
Made 34 (and 11 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2011-2012 season. Scored 4 goals
Made 53 (and 1 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2012-2013 season. Scored 2 goals
Made 51 (and 0 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2013-2014 season. Scored 3 goals
Made 23 (and 1 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2014-2015 season. Scored 0 goals
Made 12 (and 3 as sub) appearances for Dartford in the 2015-2016 season. Scored 0 goals
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Skip wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:41 pm

Wasn’t that goal scored at St Albans, Dukey?
I agree:
St Albans v Dartford Sat 02 Apr 2011 FT 1-2 Att 404
Scorers: Burns, Pallen
Team: Young, Burgess, Bonner, Bruce, Goodacre, Champion, Noble, White, Sheringham, Burns, Harris
Subs used: Hayes, Pallen, Bradbrook

Just looked at the footage and Lee Burns scored in the 23rd minute. Pitch was hard & there was wind noise on the mic. Glad I kept these stats and videos from yester-year, although the video is also on YT. :D
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Geeks, the lot of you!!
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Billy burgess in that team too
One of my favourite Dartford players
Always gave his all and scored some crucial goals for us late equaliser against Bognor at pp I think? Sealed promotion??