Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Player news

Post by The Duke »

Deserves every plaudit he is getting , he usually comes to the goalg in front of Darts fans after every match and hopefully will do tomorrow so Darts fans can really show their appreciation to a guy who has done a super job for us

Good luck in his new venture , hope he got a good lot of extra pay as well !!!!!!!!!!!!
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Does anyone know when we can expect to see a retained list published?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Bit bored so skirting the internet , interesting that Billericay did NOT get promoted and Cray Wanderers finished 17th in Isthmian League Premier [ Tom Bonner also put in an appearance !!] now perhaps Ade should be having a chat with Dan Wilkes [ now that Dowson long gone and NOT coming back] and Gary Locker , recognised goalgetter at our new level and going nowhere at Cray ????

Both could do us a job in getting promoted next season !!!!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am Does anyone know when we can expect to see a retained list published?
Here is the full list 😁😁😁

IMG_2451.JPG
rambo

Post by rambo »

KSTDART wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 pm
SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am Does anyone know when we can expect to see a retained list published?

IMG_2451.JPG
I like this retained list , I more or less agree 🙂🙂
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Personally I would only retain;
Sam (if fit?)
Jordan (with a little kick up the jacksy) &
Ronnie (if available? although I doubt it!)
Works starts now!!
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

KSTDART wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 pm

IMG_2451.JPG
:D :D :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ade Pennock has now spoken to all members of the squad from the end of the 23/24 season and we can provide the following information so far:

The following players were on loan and have returned to their parent club.

Ronnie Nelson

Harrison Sodje

Rhys Byrne

Ollie Bray

The following players have left the club:

Alex Wall

Tom Wray

Maxwell Statham

Tyrell Miller-Rodney

Jordan Greenidge

Manny Adebowale

The following players were offered terms to stay but due to personal reasons and commitments have chosen to move on.

Tommy Block

Luke Coulson

We wish them all well for the future and thank them all for their hard work and commitment to the club last season.

The remaining players of the squad are still in talks with Ade and announcements will be made in due course alongside new signings.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

No real shocks in the list though I was hoping Luke would stay. Feel sorry for Tom Wray but hopefully finds a good club - would be good signing for at least Isthmian level.
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

No real surprises so far and I am personally pleased. I havent really ever rated Coulson. Bang average in my opinion and had no fight about him
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Pedro wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:32 pm No real shocks in the list though I was hoping Luke would stay. Feel sorry for Tom Wray but hopefully finds a good club - would be good signing for at least Isthmian level.
Bit surprised Tom Wray has gone as I agree he'd be good in the Isthmian league - which is where we find ourselves.
Last edited by SKennedyDFC on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Sound likes a sensible sift! As far as one is concerned, it’s reason to get the bunting out!! But, wow! Massive rebuild or what?! Can’t recall a clear-out quite like it.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

The name I thought I'd 100% see on there as going but not so far is Charlie Sheringham? Surely he's off or has he gone already and I missed it?
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I don’t think Charlie was on a contract, he was on a pay as you play basis I am lead to believe.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Tommy Block has cited travelling as his reason for leaving. He wants to join a club that is club that is closer to where he lives. Shame as I feel that he would have been a candidate for the captains role (if he stayed fit).
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That was a very big IF there TFW??!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Only disappointment for me is Luke Coulson. Tom Wray must have felt like an afterthought for a while and Manny was hardly given a decent run out but Ade didn't rate him.
No big surprises so far.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I hope Ade signs Box, Shomotun and Eduardo , I dont think Rooney and Barzey will stay [ ok IF they do] and Charlie retires gracefully , owing us nothing and maybe Taylor Maloney ? , as for the rest they can ALL F.O. !!!!!

Comments excludes Academy lads !!!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

The Duke wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:29 pm I hope Ade signs Box, Shomotun and Eduardo , I dont think Rooney and Barzey will stay [ ok IF they do] and Charlie retires gracefully , owing us nothing and maybe Taylor Maloney ? , as for the rest they can ALL F.O. !!!!!

Who the hell is Eduardo?
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Futures White wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:45 pm
The Duke wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:29 pm I hope Ade signs Box, Shomotun and Eduardo , I dont think Rooney and Barzey will stay [ ok IF they do] and Charlie retires gracefully , owing us nothing and maybe Taylor Maloney ? , as for the rest they can ALL F.O. !!!!!

Who the hell is Eduardo?
Must mean Odaudu. Close. :D