The state of Dartford football club

Moderator: Gary C

Tall Dart

Re: The state of Dartford football club

Post by Tall Dart »

Should we expect some sort of announcement from the club regarding our relegation? Personally I would expect something apart from thanking the fans for attending despite the poor season we have had, so fans can buy into next season - the sooner the better IMO
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Unfortunately timely announcements from the club are not their strong suit. This is one area that seriously needs addressing
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Tall Dart wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am Should we expect some sort of announcement from the club regarding our relegation? Personally I would expect something apart from thanking the fans for attending despite the poor season we have had, so fans can buy into next season - the sooner the better IMO
Ha ha! Fifteen days late with that one fella!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 pm
Tall Dart wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am Should we expect some sort of announcement from the club regarding our relegation? Personally I would expect something apart from thanking the fans for attending despite the poor season we have had, so fans can buy into next season - the sooner the better IMO
Ha ha! Fifteen days late with that one fella!
Took me a while. 👏
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

The club has been leader less for a long time..

Fans who are on talking terms with the board continually don’t state how bad the club is being run because they are their friends…

This has allowed the board to be negligent with our club to the point we are the laughing stock of Kent football being overtaken by clubs such as Bromley, Tonbridge, Welling, Chatham hell even Ramsgate have been proactive with their club and regularly see big attendances and cup runs….

We came through the leagues because we had a free stadium with no rent and a large interest from a massive catchment area of a club that could go places. That’s the easy part it’s easy to pat people on the back for being the biggest club with the biggest budget and the least outgoings due to no rent but from there the board did nothing…

They are the untouchables and that has driven away support since the National league prem days when Tony Burman had a free pass and would never be challenged or managed on performances, I remember Tony coming out in the press when we lost 6-0 to Dover and praising the “true” supporters who sang his name regardless of how poor performances and selection were which was in my eyes the start of the “boys club” mentality which will see the club back in the Ishmian.

This is the people of Dartfords club, not the privileged few on the board or not their mates who talk to them in the stand this club belongs to the town of Dartford and as soon as we get people in to run the club for the people of Dartford we will start to actually see its potential.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

We have definitely dropped a bollock, I think the board will hopefully reflecting on this and sort out the mess. I give them credit for finally backing down on the banning of the youth, albeit much longer than it should have been. Hopefully it went can get the constructive points across through the forum they may listen. As we know nobody looks at it ;)
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm The club has been leader less for a long time..

Fans who are on talking terms with the board continually don’t state how bad the club is being run because they are their friends…

This has allowed the board to be negligent with our club to the point we are the laughing stock of Kent football being overtaken by clubs such as Bromley, Tonbridge, Welling, Chatham hell even Ramsgate have been proactive with their club and regularly see big attendances and cup runs….

We came through the leagues because we had a free stadium with no rent and a large interest from a massive catchment area of a club that could go places. That’s the easy part it’s easy to pat people on the back for being the biggest club with the biggest budget and the least outgoings due to no rent but from there the board did nothing…

They are the untouchables and that has driven away support since the National league prem days when Tony Burman had a free pass and would never be challenged or managed on performances, I remember Tony coming out in the press when we lost 6-0 to Dover and praising the “true” supporters who sang his name regardless of how poor performances and selection were which was in my eyes the start of the “boys club” mentality which will see the club back in the Ishmian.

This is the people of Dartfords club, not the privileged few on the board or not their mates who talk to them in the stand this club belongs to the town of Dartford and as soon as we get people in to run the club for the people of Dartford we will start to actually see its potential.
Ok, so what do you suggest needs changing and how?
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Simply run the club professionally, if I had a week free I could list everything however I run a business myself and my only job for 60 hours a week is to ensure it is running at its maximum potential.

Please tell me you can see how bad the decision have been at our club and it is massively under achieving ?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm The club has been leader less for a long time..

Perfectly said, you could say more. The boys club is responsible for this. This is our community football club run by the owners for themselves and their friends.
This comment may take backlash but the sole reason for that is because it’s the absolute truth. If you don’t see it it’s because you don’t want to.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Its dead easy to effect change on the board - buy yourself some shares, convince your mates to do the same, demand an emergency general shareholders meeting and put forward a motion to sack the board and get yourself elected as chairman.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Yep the old boys club said it for years and got plenty of stick of a few old boys on here
But unfortunately my prediction a few years ago has come to fruition
Poorly run club, and many voted with there feet
The old boys are now turning I’ve noted from there posts on here
The whole board needs a shake up
Not matter what ideas some come up with I’d say they will just be ignored

Baghdad has put it absolutely spot on
A club for mates run by mates