Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Dave T

Re: Dartford v Hemel Hempstead Town Sat 23 Mar 2024

Post by Dave T »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:00 pm It’s going to be a shocker of a game between 2 poor sides. 1-0 to us courtesy of a shambolic own goal I reckon !
I'd settle for that to be honest, HD!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Looking forward to welcoming Dowse in an appropriate manner tomorrow. Ady Pennock might see it as just another game but in my eyes it's open warfare against the architect of this season's shambles and a fantastic opportunity to turn the tables and drag Hemel into the relegation dogfight. They are catchable.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Great business by Ady today. We had 3 glaring holes and he's plugged all 3. All 3 have to start tomorrow. We DO have some good players and if these new guys are as good as Ady's most recent acquisition, Ronny Nelson, then we've got half a chance.

If memory serves, I think this feeling is called optimism. COYD
Last edited by Spike on Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I'm not sure that all 3 of our new players will or should start tomorrow after Tuesday night's performance against M@id$tone£. It was refreshing to see what was in-effect our academy team giving those renegades a footballing lesson. I thought Olly Box & Alex worked well together and I would definitely start with these two, along with Luke Glass Ankle Allen. Looking at the 3 new players, we don't know too much about them and this would be a gamble to throw them all straight in. In fact, there is an argument that they might not be any better than some of our academy players. I would also start with Wall as he looked a real handful on Tuesday and with that in mind I would go with.

Byrne/Wray

Block Rooney Nelson Sodje

Shomotun Allen Maloney Box

Coulson

Wall

I would just love it if we win this game and I will be attending with a couple of new youth supporters, who in turn are bringing a few of their mates along. It could be quite interesting behind the goal tomorrow and hopefully in a good way.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Come on Lads ...3 points please we are running out of games
So let's get at em' straight from the kick off
Welcome to the new lads and hopefully 3 very much needed points.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I have a feeling all three of the new signings may start.

However regardless of who does or doesn't, i will be there cheering the lads on (hopefully with a few hundred youngsters) to hopefully a much needed win.

Yeah optimism, it feels good again....

COYD
Last edited by Park Life on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

It's going to be interesting to see who gets the nod.

All three newbies will be straight in id expect, but all of a sudden there seems to be options, especially after some of the players giving a good account of themselves midweek. A reason to be optimistic about the games remaining. Hopefully there will be a good crowd, and will have a bit of an atmosphere around the ground, and plenty to clap about.

Ps KST, did you manage to get the flag? Happy to chip in mate
KentC

Post by KentC »

Every game that arrives it can be said, this game is beyond huge.
If we can win we drag them right in it, it would leave us 3 points behind with a game in hand and a very small better goal difference.
Also dragging their manager into this fight would be a little satisfying yes.
Technically if we win today it goes back into our own hands even if it’s by the minuscule of margins. To be in this position is unbelievable considering how understandably doom and gloom it’s been the last few weeks.
But we must take the positives regardless how small.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Today really is the decider. Failure to win at home against a team in total free fall after losing twelve out of fifteen games says to me no way back. In fairness, this time last year we did all we could to finish outside of the playoffs and still came second, so hopefully our relegation push gets thwarted in the same way.

Come on you darts, do it for Dave.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I've just been watching that classic YouTube video again of the referee being chased off the pitch, through the car park and out of the ground by the players!
Should Hemel win this afternoon I'm wondering if a similar scene could occur upon the final whistle, with Dowse legging it down the slope towards the lakes pursued by an angry mob of home fans.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

DA Mikey wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am Today really is the decider. Failure to win at home against a team in total free fall after losing twelve out of fifteen games says to me no way back. In fairness, this time last year we did all we could to finish outside of the playoffs and still came second, so hopefully our relegation push gets thwarted in the same way.

In hindsight with the way we were so poor in the second half of last season (how the hell did we finish second?) and then losing the spine of our defence, we should have guessed that this season was going to be a struggle, but, Dowse certainly excelled himself! If he is doing a similar job at Hemel then we need to take full advantage. Of course, Hemel supporters will be saying the same about our recent record. Today will be a clash of major significance
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:48 am
DA Mikey wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am Today really is the decider. Failure to win at home against a team in total free fall after losing twelve out of fifteen games says to me no way back. In fairness, this time last year we did all we could to finish outside of the playoffs and still came second, so hopefully our relegation push gets thwarted in the same way.

In hindsight with the way we were so poor in the second half of last season (how the hell did we finish second?) and then losing the spine of our defence, we should have guessed that this season was going to be a struggle, but, Dowse certainly excelled himself! If he is doing a similar job at Hemel then we need to take full advantage. Of course, Hemel supporters will be saying the same about our recent record. Today will be a clash of major significance
Not a total surprise of course, since Mr. Dowson kindly made us aware last summer that we wouldn’t do as well this season. A portent that some of us found particularly remarkable.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:48 am

He inherited a half decent side so the start was ok then his influence took over and how we achieved second was a minor miracle, I remember every week everyone losing around us constantly
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

For so many reasons today is a massive occasion.

First we need to give Dave Skinner the send off he deserves and then make sure we're the 12th man and really get behind the lads.

We are in crunch time territory, let's ALL do our bit.

COYD
KentC

Post by KentC »

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Welling and Torquay and Eastbourne lose today, if this was to happen and we win then things look very different.
Grabbing at straws, yes probably, is it likely, not exactly.
There is a small possibility but there is a possibility.
Big, big 90 minutes of football coming up for alot of teams across the division.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Good luck darts today
And huge huge respect to Dave skinner RIP
I hope today marks the turning point , the signings seem very good so hopefully a big result today 👍
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

No Olly Box and no attacking subs on the bench.

Let's hope we can get a much needed win.

COYD.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I'm hearing Olly Box injured.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »