Maxwell Statham (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

Top Cat

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Utd Sat 16 Mar 2024

Post by Top Cat »

Jeez 🙄 the forum certainly is not for the faint hearted today and tin hats are highly recommended 🤣
I’m not going to pin blame on any individual because it is after all a team game . Billy’s sending off was justified, but it was a decision he had to make , because at two down it would have been game over anyway . We had chances in the first half and as usual we didn’t capitalise and inevitably we go on to lose again . What Maidstone do well is their ability to use the dark arts when under any pressure , and was on show many times yesterday with certain individuals falling over at the least of touches , but that is no excuse for our failings because they are a better team all over the pitch than we are with or without all their shenanigans . MOTM for me was Brandon .
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

It's right that Billy is no Bettinelli, or a Julian, King, Wilkes or Dudzinski. The last three being England C goalies. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
But really, at this moment, he's pretty well all we got. Young Tom, hasn't really been given a crack at the standard needed in the NLS but should we get relegated he may come up trumps next season.
To be honest Billy is saying he got a foot to the ball first, if he did we may appeal. But he definately got a fair whack at Faal's foot also. It was just twenty feet from where I was standing and to be quite honest it was a definate sending off in my opinion, because I thought it was a 'well, that's the end of that' situation. :?
Skip

Post by Skip »

Stumpy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:27 am
KentC wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 am
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm

It's a little thing called 'support'. Thanks for stopping by, though.

Sorry let me get this right, after everything you’ve said you want to quote the word “support”
I wouldn’t know where to begin with that, are you aware of your own posts.
It’s very simple, if you’re suffering you can easily just go away.
Wouldn’t want you to suffer petal.
What are you talking about? Seems you dont know much about much. When you're turning up for Isthmian league football, or whatever mickey mouse league you'll be in, Billy will still be a pro and his family will still be supporting him on his journey to bigger and better things than Dartford.
But still, thanks for popping by 👍
Hope all goes well for Billy in pro football, if not, I’m sure there’ll be a club in some ‘Mickey Mouse’ league where he’ll be welcome…
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Oh and I did notice a lot of the Yoof needed to create an atmosphere at PP was long gone out he gate before the end of the game.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Thing is with the goalkeeper we have seen loanees come to and play against Dartford and usually they stand out like a sore thumb when they are truly going places such as bettenelli for us and someone like ings when he was at Dorchester and was bloody brilliant.
Safe to say billy isn’t at that level and never will be so I get it that “he plays for Poole town” is not as good for his family to discuss around the water cooler at work on a Monday morning as “billy is at Bournemouth” but suspect over time Poole town will be closer to the level he ends up at and wish him well like anyone else who plays for our great club (going 130 years and counting) be it in the isthmian, Kent or d and j tyres youth league!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:54 pm Oh and I did notice a lot of the Yoof needed to create an atmosphere at PP was long gone out he gate before the end of the game.
The yoof left the match early and congregated near the end of the Fastrack road with the intention of applauding the Maidstone fans on their way back to the station. ;)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Of course, should have realised.
So the special police unit wasn't going into the stadium then, they were on there way to the trouble spots.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:07 pm I was side on view from the dug out, my initial reaction was he got the ball. I can be wrong but that was my immediate thought.
I thought the same be interesting to see the video also thought the build up to the 2nd goal was offside as well.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Not Sour Grapes, they were the better Team but some of the cheating, a few times the slightest of touches their Player goes down actually "screaming", you can Cleary see just minor contact if any. I really feel total embarrassment at what I am watching these days, these people are ruining our Game of Football with their Theatre Dramatics, go and join a Theatre Class and don't ruin our Game.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It just needs the referees to 'man up' - when a player goes down screaming and then has a miraculous recovery as soon as the whistle goes then give them a yellow card for 'ungentlemanly conduct' - or go the whole hog and give them a red card for 'serious foul play'

Sorry I am now admitting my age by such a post -this used to be a man's game.....I have even refereed Ron 'Chopper' Harris in my youth and never saw anyone squeal at any of his robust challenges
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:20 pm It just needs the referees to 'man up' - when a player goes down screaming and then has a miraculous recovery as soon as the whistle goes then give them a yellow card for 'ungentlemanly conduct' - or go the whole hog and give them a red card for 'serious foul play'

Sorry I am now admitting my age by such a post -this used to be a man's game.....I have even refereed Ron 'Chopper' Harris in my youth and never saw anyone squeal at any of his robust challenges
I get that! all of it! Myself and another on here (identification protected in case of abuse! 😂) are former semi-pro refs and we’re both embarrassed by the appalling standard across the board these days. Sadly it’s down to a dearth of referees at grass routes which inevitably leads to shit ones getting overpromoted!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Sad to see this descending into personal comments towards other fans on here
Someone put it precisely on hear The other day
You should be able to post your own opinion without abuse and ridicule
The one keyboard warrior has got my back up
But heyho I have my opinion he has his
But personal comments about “clown” behind the safety of a computer is a best pathetic
I truly hope Ade keeps the darts up for all the fans
I’ve a feeling he will
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:20 pm It just needs the referees to 'man up' - when a player goes down screaming and then has a miraculous recovery as soon as the whistle goes then give them a yellow card for 'ungentlemanly conduct' - or go the whole hog and give them a red card for 'serious foul play'

In women's football if they go down injured it's because they are. Whether cynicism creeps into their game eventually only time will tell. But the reason I'm highlighting this is because the few female officials we've had tend to ignore players when they go down like they've been shot. Most recent was Emily Hislop who refereed last season's women's FA Cup final between Chelsea and Man United. So far she's been the best referee I've seen at Princes Park this season. Kirsty Dowel is another one. And they are generally under more scrutiny week in week out when they are officiating televised WSL games. Any form of play acting is ignored. A player may well roll over once when hitting the deck through momentum. Other than that if it's serious he won't be able to f*cking move at all after that.
Give me Emily or Kirsty any day.
I wouldn't even be surprised if when they are appointed to take charge a National League game their mates tease them by saying they're on man flu duty.
Nin

Post by Nin »

That's when men were men and not snowflakes. hope the maidstone players got to powder puff their faces, put their LGBTQIA tracksuits on and take their handbags back home with them.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:51 pm

In women's football if they go down injured it's because they are. Whether cynicism creeps into their game eventually only time will tell. But the reason I'm highlighting this is because the few female officials we've had tend to ignore players when they go down like they've been shot. Most recent was Emily Hislop who refereed last season's women's FA Cup final between Chelsea and Man United. So far she's been the best referee I've seen at Princes Park this season. Kirsty Dowel is another one. And they are generally under more scrutiny week in week out when they are officiating televised WSL games. Any form of play acting is ignored. A player may well roll over once when hitting the deck through momentum. Other than that if it's serious he won't be able to f*cking move at all after that.
Give me Emily or Kirsty any day.
I wouldn't even be surprised if when they are appointed to take charge a National League game their mates tease them by saying they're on man flu duty.
Yeah - the ladies have been good to be fair. They’re in an absolute ‘no-win’ situation.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Just watched the sending off incident. I don't think we'll be mounting an appeal.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm

It's a little thing called 'support'. Thanks for stopping by, though.

Sorry let me get this right, after everything you’ve said you want to quote the word “support”
What are you talking about? Seems you dont know much about much. When you're turning up for Isthmian league football, or whatever mickey mouse league you'll be in, Billy will still be a pro and his family will still be supporting him on his journey to bigger and better things than Dartford.

Please don’t make the mistake of thinking I or anyone else on here doesn’t know football, just because your friend/family member or whoever is Billy to you doesn’t it mean sweet FA and you don’t know anything about anyone on here.

Your decision to come on here and criticise some supporters will not help him at all, it’s a very silly thing to do from your part if you’re that close to him.

Also try and look at what’s actually being said before you lose your emotions, I’ve stuck up for him on this thread, I also have praised his technical side of his game too on other threads.

So if you want to display emotional immaturity then maybe point it at the people who criticise him because I’m not one of them.

I genuinely hope he has a great career, but and as you keep digging out the club and antagonising on here that we’ll be in a Micky mouse league you obviously have I’ll feeling towards the club, that’s based on your own comments.
Do you think this does Billy any favours?

Think before you post.
KentC

Post by KentC »

KentC wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:41 am

Please don’t make the mistake of thinking I or anyone else on here doesn’t know football, just because your friend/family member or whoever is Billy to you doesn’t it mean sweet FA and you don’t know anything about anyone on here.

Your decision to come on here and criticise some supporters will not help him at all, it’s a very silly thing to do from your part if you’re that close to him.

Also try and look at what’s actually being said before you lose your emotions, I’ve stuck up for him on this thread, I also have praised his technical side of his game too on other threads.

So if you want to display emotional immaturity then maybe point it at the people who criticise him because I’m not one of them.

I genuinely hope he has a great career, but and as you keep digging out the club and antagonising on here that we’ll be in a Micky mouse league you obviously have I’ll feeling towards the club, that’s based on your own comments.
Do you think this does Billy any favours?

Think before you post.

You will also see I’ve criticised the players and the board, never Billy.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Not interested in making any comments about Maidstone.....

Somehow we have to pull ourselves up from another defeat and move on.
We are running out of games and it is starting to look precarious.
But all we can do is hopefully finish 20th or higher.
Wether we stay up or not this team needs a complete overhaul because imho.we are WELL short on quality.