Maxwell Statham (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

DA Mikey

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Utd Sat 16 Mar 2024

Post by DA Mikey »

I saw the red card situation differently. Their guy was clean through and was about to make it 0-2 when Terrell took one for the team. I felt that if we were to get anything from the game at that point it would’ve been thanks to the sending off. But then I didn’t see the first goal.
Back in October, I had a mate staying with me from Scotland. We won the home game against H&W and I remember very well saying to him that although we had finished 2nd last year and were going ok at that point, that our manager had four identical strikers and was leading a charmed life as our position somewhat belied us. Little did I know that we would go on five months from then, scarcely mustering a point! Been resigned to relegation since end of January, pretty crazy prospect still, but strange things have to happen in football or it wouldn’t be interesting.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Saw the Ade interview, nice that we have a manager that actually talks the team up instead of running down individuals. Not that it makes any difference to the situation.
Asking for footage from the crowd on the Terrell sending off is a bit like desperation now. :?:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Stumpy, everyone is perfectly entitled to come on a fans forum and say what they think but I don't think it's a good idea for a parent/relation of a player to come on and start arguing with the fans, it rarely ends well but more importantly it puts unnecessary pressure on the player.
Also calling out kentc for being "mature" after some of the posts you've made is also not a good idea imo, but hey ho it's up to you.

I'd had my say and was prepared to leave it at that but you don't seem to be able to so i'm afraid the can of worms is opening.
I've only missed a couple of games this season so base all my opinions on what i see and not on personal emotions, so i'll tell you "what this fella thinks".

The blame for our current position imo lays almost entirely on our previous manager "The Buffoon", who systematically destroyed the club on and off the field to such an extent it will take some time to repair.

I have consistently said for some time now that we need reinforcements in several key positions and it's pretty obvious where.
Rightly or wrongly the keepers position always comes under more scrutiny and pressure than an outfield player because invariably a mistake leads to a goal and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever in saying this, but imo i have witnessed 6 goalkeeper errors in the last 10 league games that have led to us conceding a goal which had a major impact on the result of those games. It's not something i wanted to bring up but anyone who was at those games would have seen that as well.

It's highly likely we will have a different goalkeeper some time soon because of the red card yesterday and whoever that is will also be under a lot of pressure now.
As for the red card, it's not the first time this type of incident has happened and the view i had seemed to confirm it was a clear red, the video may show otherwise but i'm not sure enough to support any appeal if the club chose to go that route.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:08 am Stumpy, everyone is perfectly entitled to come on a fans forum and say what they think but I don't think it's a good idea for a parent/relation of a player to come on and start arguing with the fans, it rarely ends well but more importantly it puts unnecessary pressure on the player.
Also calling out kentc for being "mature" after some of the posts you've made is also not a good idea imo, but hey ho it's up to you.

I'd had my say and was prepared to leave it at that but you don't seem to be able to so i'm afraid the can of worms is opening.
I've only missed a couple of games this season so base all my opinions on what i see and not on personal emotions, so i'll tell you "what this fella thinks".

The blame for our current position imo lays almost entirely on our previous manager "The Buffoon", who systematically destroyed the club on and off the field to such an extent it will take some time to repair.

I have consistently said for some time now that we need reinforcements in several key positions and it's pretty obvious where.
Rightly or wrongly the keepers position always comes under more scrutiny and pressure than an outfield player because invariably a mistake leads to a goal and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever in saying this, but imo i have witnessed 6 goalkeeper errors in the last 10 league games that have led to us conceding a goal which had a major impact on the result of those games. It's not something i wanted to bring up but anyone who was at those games would have seen that as well.

It's highly likely we will have a different goalkeeper some time soon because of the red card yesterday and whoever that is will also be under a lot of pressure now.
As for the red card, it's not the first time this type of incident has happened and the view i had seemed to confirm it was a clear red, the video may show otherwise but i'm not sure enough to support any appeal if the club chose to go that route.
And you are? Of course, what you say is gospel, isn't it?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Stumpy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am
Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:08 am Stumpy, everyone is perfectly entitled to come on a fans forum and say what they think but I don't think it's a good idea for a parent/relation of a player to come on and start arguing with the fans, it rarely ends well but more importantly it puts unnecessary pressure on the player.

No i've never said that, i'ts just an opinion of a supporter of 50+ years.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am

:roll:
MickW

Post by MickW »

Interesting that a number of 'the youth'' turned up yesterday, positioning themselves where they could cause most mischief methinks.
Those that call for a more ambitious approach from the board should be pleased - maybe if we segregated all games the youth would become a regular feature?
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Stumpy my friend. In my small humble opinion you are very welcome here but as I alluded to earlier, and Parky has reinforced, this IS a fans’ forum mate. And, “who is he?” Well, he’s a DFC fan for half a century and, kinda, has a ‘qualified authority’ to speak with ‘expert opinion’ based on what he has seen. There are quite a few of his ilk here too.

Opinions are gonna be emotional during a time of crisis. Your posts are clearly not from a ‘fans perspective’ and thats’s okay - but you’re gonna have to accept some ‘grief’ in return buddy.

It doesn’t help, I guess, that Billy is being compared to Wilksy - one of the best keepers we’ve ever had at Princes Park. Many of us are still seething at how he was treated by The Buffoon and allowed to walk away.

I, like the ‘senior stalwarts’ on here often have the pleasure of rubbing shoulders and sharing beers with players’ relatives on match days (and I would relish the same with you.) And, I’ll say this, they’re all wonderful folk but not many (if any!) participate in this forum. It might be worth considering just why that may be.

Respectfully submitted sir.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

No offence to the current keeper but he’s hardly Bettenelli is he! We may be shit but it’s “our” shit! Terrell is a premier league goalkeeper the same as Scott carson and indeed Marcus bettenelli are ie/ nowhere near getting a game for the first team and never will be!
Sleightly Deceptive

Error.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleightly Deceptive

Error. Duplicated. Soz folks - I have thumbs like pigs tits this morning.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 am Stumpy my friend. In my small humble opinion you are very welcome here but as I alluded to earlier, and Parky has reinforced, this IS a fans’ forum mate. And, “who is he?” Well, he’s a DFC fan for half a century and, kinda, has a ‘qualified authority’ to speak with ‘expert opinion’ based on what he has seen. There are quite a few of his ilk here too.

Opinions are gonna be emotional during a time of crisis. Your posts are clearly not from a ‘fans perspective’ and that okay - but you’re gonna have to accept some ‘grief’ in return buddy.

It doesn’t help, I guess, that Billy is being compared to Wilksy - one of the best keepers we’ve ever had at Princes Park. Many of us are still seething at how he was treated by The Buffoon and allowed to walk away.

I, like many other ‘senior stalwarts’ on here often have the pleasure of rubbing shoulders and sharing beers with players’ relatives on match days (and I would relishthe same with you.) And, I’ll say this, they’re all wonderful folk but not many (if any!) participate in this forum. It might be worth considering just why that may be.

Respectfully submitted sir.
Hey, no problem. Thank you.

I get all of that. Of course people will fire back. Its not pleasant hearing people disrespect him. He travels a lot of miles to do what he does.

If you've been here 5 minutes, 5 years or 50 years, it doesn't make your opinion overriding. I pay my money, the same as everybody else, and my opinion as every bit as valid. If it goes against what others think, there's not much I can do about that. It appears people having an option outside the norm, is an issue on here.

I'm not stupid, I know there have been mistakes from Billy, he knows that, too. But it ain't fair to lump in on him when their are problems all over the pitch.... thought the club, it appears.

Anyway, it's all good. 👍
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Stumpy, I think this latest post of yours is not only out of order but insulting! Park Life is a long standing supporter who follows the Darts through thick and thin and is always fair in his observations, in fact if it wasn't for him then there would be very little information on this Forum during matches. Park Life always offers his opinion as just that, and clearly states it is his opinion, which he is fully entitled to. Time, methinks, for an apology.

Posted this before seeing you latest post - if Billy, and you on his behalf, can't take criticism about mistakes then perhaps you both are too sensitive to be in such a profession as football where everything is seen by passionate supporters. Just accept that if Billy continues in football he will go a long way BUT still has a lot to learn, as we all do at any stage of life in whatever sphere we are in. If subjective criticism is that upsetting then you will both find that this will increase the further his career progresses. If the players are wrapped in cotton wool from criticism then they will never learn and will never improve. If you can't stand comments like this then the supporters forum is not the place for you to be, and indeed for either of you to look at. Perhaps that's why DFC have always told players to keep off the forum.

We support the club through thick and thin, and a lot of us have for years - I started in 1975. I have never known Park Life do anything other than give his honest opinion in all the many years that I have known him.
Last edited by Taunton Dart on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

There is no "norm" of opinion and i agree 100% everybody is entitled to theirs regardless of how long they've been watching or supporting the club.

I can't recall anybody ever saying saying differently on here either and i certainly don't think my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's or more valid because i have been a supporter of 50 years. It's just my opinion.

It's not pleasant either being told "you chat S*T fella" or "Dartford are a S**T side, or "the entire side are a liability" but that's ok is it??
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:44 am
Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am

:-)
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:34 am There is no "norm" of opinion and i agree 100% everybody is entitled to theirs regardless of how long they've been watching or supporting the club.

I can't recall anybody ever saying saying differently on here either and i certainly don't think my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's or more valid because i have been a supporter of 50 years. It's just my opinion.

It's not pleasant either being told "you chat S*T fella" or "Dartford are a S**T side, or "the entire side are a liability" but that's ok is it??
It's the patronising, 'I'm right' manner you deliver it with. Maybe work on that 👍

Yes, it is OK, as its my opinion. Just like your opinion that the goalkeeping position has been a liability for months.

Anyway, my teas going cold. Good luck with relegation 👍
Sleightly Deceptive

Oh Stumpy, Stumpy, Stumpy. Just when I was admiring your balls. So to speak, you resort to playground tactics. Very sad. I fear your ‘argument’ if there ever was one, is now lost.

Anyway, hmmm, just to be clear - my comment about a ‘fifty year’ opinion wasn’t to say that the opinion is more valid, it most certainly isn’t, it’s just that fifty years’ ‘experience’ adds a bit of weight to the ‘authority’ to speak about a subject. Ask a County Court Judge! 😉
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:41 am Oh Stumpy, Stumpy, Stumpy. Just when I was admiring your balls. So to speak, you resort to playground tactics. Very sad. I fear your ‘argument’ if there ever was one, is now lost.

Anyway, hmmm, just to be clear - my comment about a ‘fifty year’ opinion wasn’t to say that the opinion is more valid, it most certainly isn’t, it’s just that fifty years’ ‘experience’ adds a bit of weight to the ‘authority’ to speak about a subject. Ask a County Court Judge! 😉
Yeah, you maybe right, lol.

Not lost, entirely... but diminished, 😆
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Stumpy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:39 am
Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:34 am There is no "norm" of opinion and i agree 100% everybody is entitled to theirs regardless of how long they've been watching or supporting the club.

It's the patronising, 'I'm right' manner you deliver it with. Maybe work on that 👍

Yes, it is OK, as its my opinion. Just like your opinion that the goalkeeping position has been a liability for months.

Anyway, my teas going cold. Good luck with relegation 👍
If you read it like that that's your problem not mine, it's just an opinion and i have never or will never say my opinion is any more "right" than anyone else's.

Oh and in my opinion you've a lot more to work on than me, maybe a little less insulting for starters towards individuals, the players and our club.

"Good luck with relegation" :oops: :oops:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Jeez!!!! For what it’s worth I do think criticism of Billy has been a little harsh (not intending here to pour fuel on the fire!!). Totally accept everybodies views though on the strength of the squad this season.

As for the game itself, I thought we did okay and well enough to have got a point out of the game but for switching off in stoppage time at the end of H1 (he did take his goal well, but let himself down in H2 by giving it the big ‘un in front of Darts fans after they got their second. Liam Sole, immature little prat that you are!!) Yes, Billy’s sending off impacted the game and, from my viewpoint, he did trip the Maidstone striker. Sorry!

Barzey was class and gets my MoM vote. He led them such a merry dance all game.

It’s never over til the day lady sings as they say. There’s a lot that can happen in the few games remaining. A win next week (I’m 100% sure we’ll win that!) could spring a survival challenge.

Anyways, happy St Patrick’s Day to you all. Enjoy your Sunday.