Maxwell Statham (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

Ozytalksbull

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Utd Sat 16 Mar 2024

Post by Ozytalksbull »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:22 pm This website is full of petty snipes at one another and seems to be turning into a free for all.
No better than the football.
Looking forward to a few games my way next season.
Ramsgate looking good, haven't played them for a while.
Bye bye.
But your one of the chiefs of petty squabble you accused me to of being someone I wasn’t !
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

I feel that we matched our opponents in the first half before one lapse in concentration spoiled what had been a good half of football. It was a little physical, but the ref let it run and no cards were shown. For a derby match, it was rather tame.

What happened during the interval? Was the ref swapped?

Every time our opponents went to ground in the second half, they were awarded a free kick. If they fell thatrically, a card was added to the cameo. This was not a dirty game, so how does the ref justify the number of cards he gave, all of them to one team?

On the pitch, I feel we offer no goal threat. Greenidge is a big guy, but he is far too polite. Not one Maidstone player worried about being calttered by him when challenging for the ball or making a clearance. He needs to play on the minds of the opponents and make them doubt themselves. I feel we desperately need a real striker to aim at up front or we could face the dreaded drop.

I hope we get the chance to see Box play again this year. Why was he left on the bench while we changed one right back for another? That was surely the time to gamble, but we chose to stick. Hey-ho. One game less in which to save our season.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

We don’t score enough goals, do we. Of course, the defence makes mistakes and has a tendency to switch off. But to win games we basically have to keep clean sheets. Because we’re not going to score more than one goal in a game. In the past we had players to score enough to keep the Wolf from the door. Where do our goals come from now? I was happy with the Greenidge signing, but today he was appalling. Gave nothing and had a very poor attitude, in my opinion.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:53 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:46 pm Don’t stress over it Stumpy. Lots of emotion today. Billy wasn’t the problem today and hasn’t been THE problem. Collectively? Yes, he’s part of it. But singularly, many other players need to hang their heads before Billy. Keepers will only be remembered for mistakes or penalty shoot out glory. Sadly, when your team is in the mire, it’s likely to be the former because of over exposure to defensive shit! It doesn’t make him a terrible keeper overnight.
I do find it a little frustrating. Of course, you're right, he is part of it... but not all of it.

Hey, it is what it is and I'll still make the trip from Southampton to which ever game he next plays in.
Good! And I’m glad that you do! If you’re ‘invested’ in Billy, I admire your loyalty to him. If you’re ‘invested’ in DFC - even better. But if it’s ‘just’ the former, fans’ forums might best be ignored mate. 😉
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I was pleased with the way we played but it all changed when we went down to 10 men , our keeper was left exposed and even IF it was a foul he had no choice and does NOT deserve the criticism he is getting . Comment that Maidstone were nothing special , they can only be as good as we let them and we were in the game and did NOT get the " breaks " from 4 great crosses into the box , often happens at our end of the table !!
The Ref and the Lino my side were slow and poor and did nothing for the antics of the Maidstone Players who were falling over as though they were dying , totally disrupts the flow of the game
I dont believe that our team didnt give 100% today but regretfully we are just NOT good enough to get the points and as many have said[ incl me] that new players are required or the dreaded drop beckons , surely the Board can give Ade a slug of cash to get these in for the next 8 games , the cost will NOT send us spiraling towards administration !!!!!!!!!!!
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Another Question please, Discussing Players with my Son the other Night, we was at Bromley watching my Grandson play and he said we came here more than 10 years ago when we were moving up the Leagues and he said a Midfielder White scored that Day, totally forgotten about him but it started to come back a bit. Then i mentioned about a Central Midfielder about that time, a name like Danny Dafter keeps coming to mind, came from an Essex Club like White, not a scorer more of a Defensive Midfield, have been racking my Brains but it wont come and was probably only with us a Year or 2 can anyone put me out of misery please, Thanks in advance.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:10 pm
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:53 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:46 pm Don’t stress over it Stumpy. Lots of emotion today. Billy wasn’t the problem today and hasn’t been THE problem. Collectively? Yes, he’s part of it. But singularly, many other players need to hang their heads before Billy. Keepers will only be remembered for mistakes or penalty shoot out glory. Sadly, when your team is in the mire, it’s likely to be the former because of over exposure to defensive shit! It doesn’t make him a terrible keeper overnight.
I do find it a little frustrating. Of course, you're right, he is part of it... but not all of it.

Hey, it is what it is and I'll still make the trip from Southampton to which ever game he next plays in.
Good! And I’m glad that you do! If you’re ‘invested’ in Billy, I admire your loyalty to him. If you’re ‘invested’ in DFC - even better. But if it’s ‘just’ the former, fans’ forums might best be ignored mate. 😉
Haha, yeah, you could be right
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I didn't call you out, I was surprised when someone called you out.
If your not the twat they accused you of being then all well and good..
We shall no doubt see.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

danson7park wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:19 pm Another Question please, Discussing Players with my Son the other Night, we was at Bromley watching my Grandson play and he said we came here more than 10 years ago when we were moving up the Leagues and he said a Midfielder White scored that Day, totally forgotten about him but it started to come back a bit. Then i mentioned about a Central Midfielder about that time, a name like Danny Dafter keeps coming to mind, came from an Essex Club like White, not a scorer more of a Defensive Midfield, have been racking my Brains but it wont come and was probably only with us a Year or 2 can anyone put me out of misery please, Thanks in advance.
On my website that no one looks at, I have:

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/profiles.html#dd

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/focus-dafter.jpg

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/profiles.html#jw

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/white-focus.jpg

Out of date in keeping tabs on them, but I assume you mean them?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

In the good old days Danny Dafter was a real midfield grafter , not always the classiest [tic] but a great guy to have in the team who somehow used a "pop up with odd like goals " , great banter with the fans and a bit of a head banger ,James White was a much more talented guy than Danny but NOT held in the same reverence as he was a bit of a " prima donna " , I recall he missed a Darts game cause he was In Spain with some of his Spurs [ squad] Pals = = Nice enough guy though !!!!!!!!!!!
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

rick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:29 pm
danson7park wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:19 pm Another Question please, Discussing Players with my Son the other Night, we was at Bromley watching my Grandson play and he said we came here more than 10 years ago when we were moving up the Leagues and he said a Midfielder White scored that Day, totally forgotten about him but it started to come back a bit. Then i mentioned about a Central Midfielder about that time, a name like Danny Dafter keeps coming to mind, came from an Essex Club like White, not a scorer more of a Defensive Midfield, have been racking my Brains but it wont come and was probably only with us a Year or 2 can anyone put me out of misery please, Thanks in advance.
On my website that no one looks at, I have:

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/profiles.html#dd

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/focus-dafter.jpg

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/profiles.html#jw

https://www.thedarts.eu/profiles/white-focus.jpg

Out of date in keeping tabs on them, but I assume you mean them?
Thanks again, Brilliant. Bloody Hell I Got it Right Danny Dafter, where did that come from.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Dicky Dart wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:06 pm We don’t score enough goals, do we. Of course, the defence makes mistakes and has a tendency to switch off. But to win games we basically have to keep clean sheets. Because we’re not going to score more than one goal in a game. In the past we had players to score enough to keep the Wolf from the door. Where do our goals come from now? I was happy with the Greenidge signing, but today he was appalling. Gave nothing and had a very poor attitude, in my opinion.
Ah... this fella gets it 👌
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:25 pm I didn't call you out, I was surprised when someone called you out.
If your not the twat they accused you of being then all well and good..
We shall no doubt see.
The twat ??? Another person your berating you sad keyboard warrior
Easy to sit behind a keyboard slagging people off for having different views than yours
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

No home win since the end of November equals a deserved demotion
Spike

Post by Spike »

It's obviously true that our problems are not all down to the goalkeeper and defence. As Stumpy has said, we do also have a serious lack of firepower up front and I don't think anyone would deny that. Our results prove we are not a very good side, but that doesn't alter the fact that we would have considerably more points if we didn't keep losing games through individual errors and regrettably, we have to acknowledge it when some players are making significantly more errors than others. You can either address this by replacing those players or you can persevere and hope it gets better. Ady has already started addressing the problems, which is why we today finally achieved a credible defence in Rooney, Nelson, Block and Clifford.

So what next? Well without wishing to upset anyone, I agree with Park Life that the next problem we have to address is our goalkeeper. Don't get me wrong, Billy is clearly a good prospect, he is an excellent shot stopper, has great reflexes and will very likely go on to greater things, but he lacks experience and has made far too many costly mistakes for my liking. Now if he was our player and we were not in a dog eat dog battle for survival, then I would understand why persevering would make sense, but he isn't ours, he is only on loan and we are not going to get the benefit further down the road. Quite simply, we don't have enough games or time. The whole point of loanees is as a short term fix to an immediate problem, otherwise it only benefits the parent club and the player himself. If we can't find a decent experienced keeper and are going to nurture a young goalkeeper to better things, then it would make more sense to give our own Tom Wray a go. I totally understand why Stumpy is looking out for his own, I would undoubtedly do the same, but as he has already said, he'll be gone next season so has no affinity or loyalty to this club. We do. Football can be brutal at times, but that's life.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm
KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:35 pm
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm

I don't have that same fear. They're are enough people on here that know not what they talk about to keep me entertained. I can accept Dartford are a shit side... but I won't be here next season to suffer it.

You don’t have to suffer it now unless youre Billys carer
It's a little thing called 'support'. Thanks for stopping by, though.

Sorry let me get this right, after everything you’ve said you want to quote the word “support”
I wouldn’t know where to begin with that, are you aware of your own posts.
It’s very simple, if you’re suffering you can easily just go away.
Wouldn’t want you to suffer petal.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Oh. Dear.🤡.
Didn't think that Maidstone were all that great, and as said, thought we could have got something from the game up to the sending off.
The season has been a mess and I think it's not going to get any better.
Brandon was my MOTM for me and this is the lad that Dowse sent out on loan midway through the season. I didn't think he was playing badly at that point so it just added to the stuttering mess that was Dowsons creation.
Haven't seen that many coppers for a long time making their way into the ground. I'll have to get out more.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Maidstone didn't look much first half but I had a feeling in the last seconds of the half they might nick a goal and their bloke did hit it well. Second half showed our old faults, Greenidge reminds me of Wall except he's not as mobile. I believe some of the Tonbridge faithful called him the sideboard. Any luck we are getting is shite even good sides need the run of the green. I feel sorry for Ady he's been lumbered with some real average footballers whose heads go down when the opposition score compliments of the manager who will bring Hemel to Princes Park next Saturday.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

KentC wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 am
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm
KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:35 pm

You don’t have to suffer it now unless youre Billys carer
It's a little thing called 'support'. Thanks for stopping by, though.

Sorry let me get this right, after everything you’ve said you want to quote the word “support”
I wouldn’t know where to begin with that, are you aware of your own posts.
It’s very simple, if you’re suffering you can easily just go away.
Wouldn’t want you to suffer petal.
What are you talking about? Seems you dont know much about much. When you're turning up for Isthmian league football, or whatever mickey mouse league you'll be in, Billy will still be a pro and his family will still be supporting him on his journey to bigger and better things than Dartford.
But still, thanks for popping by 👍
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

tommytollbooth wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:23 am Greenidge reminds me of Wall except he's not as mobile. I believe some of the Tonbridge faithful called him the sideboard.
Ha. Someone on here once described Wall as a “runaway sideboard.” Problem with that is that a runaway sideboard is going to get off the ground occasionally.