Maxwell Statham (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

KentC

Re: Dartford v Maidstone Utd Sat 16 Mar 2024

Post by KentC »

Their keeper was troubled in the first half including a very good save.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Spike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:11 pm Stumpy, I fear you may have opened a can of worms that you may regret
I don't have that same fear. They're are enough people on here that know not what they talk about to keep me entertained. I can accept Dartford are a shit side... but I won't be here next season to suffer it.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Parklife , u threw the bus at the keeper who kept us in so many games start of season, since then it’s got worse, could it be the defence, not the keeper?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:17 pm Parklife , u threw the bus at the keeper who kept us in so many games start of season, since then it’s got worse, could it be the defence, not the keeper?
It's the Keeper, defence, midfield, attack

Everywhere is a problem.
KentC

Post by KentC »

While this is a horrible way of looking at it and negative, but what else can you be right now.
We must keep hold of 21st place at least just incase there is a reprieve.
Yes awful way of looking at it but crucial none the less.
Eastbourne now only 1 point behind and come to us in a couple of weeks time.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Missed the game but it sounded like Torquay all over again. Listened to Will on Mixlr and he sounded so depressed - it was as though he’d just been sentenced to death!! Had to turn him off as the razor blades were in reaching distance. Running out of options now. Be glad when this season is a long distant memory!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:17 pm Parklife , u threw the bus at the keeper who kept us in so many games start of season, since then it’s got worse, could it be the defence, not the keeper?
I've no idea what you're talking about.
Beeney started the season and since then we've had about five keepers and the only who was any good was Sandford who played about 9 games. Current keeper only been here a few months.
The goalkeeping position is argualy the most important position in the team and The Buffoon f****d that up last season p*****g off a quality keeper in Wilks.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:20 pm While this is a horrible way of looking at it and negative, but what else can you be right now.
We must keep hold of 21st place at least just incase there is a reprieve.
Yes awful way of looking at it but crucial none the less.
Eastbourne now only 1 point behind and come to us in a couple of weeks time.
Eastbourne will be above us soon and be the ones getting a reprieve if there is to be one.

Wouldn't surprise me if Havant caught us as well. I don't see anything in this team that says they're going to put up a fight
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:22 pm
I've no idea what you're talking about.
Beeney started the season and since then we've had about five keepers and the only who was any good was Sandford who played about 9 games. Current keeper only been here a few months.
The goalkeeping position is argualy the most important position in the team and The Buffoon f****d that up last season p*****g off a quality keeper in Wilks.
Absolutely spot on the keeper is not good enough at the moment in the future I think he will be a good keeper, at the moment we need someone with command of the box!
Last edited by Undercover Elephant on Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm
Spike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:11 pm Stumpy, I fear you may have opened a can of worms that you may regret
I don't have that same fear. They're are enough people on here that know not what they talk about to keep me entertained. I can accept Dartford are a shit side... but I won't be here next season to suffer it.

You don’t have to suffer it now unless youre Billys carer
KentC

Post by KentC »

KentC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:35 pm
Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm

You don’t have to suffer it now unless youre Billys carer
Or you’re Billy
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Hemel and Torquay in free fall - which would be good news for us if we weren't in even worse form
KentC

Post by KentC »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:41 pm Hemel and Torquay in free fall - which would be good news for us if we weren't in even worse form
And that’s it isn’t it, I can’t see us hitting a run of decent results or as far as where do we get a win.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Up until the sending off I thought we could have got something from the game.
It's the best I've seen all season, thought the back four looked stronger with Nelson in there.
Things got worse after the sending off. Maidstone didn't have to play well to beat us but I thought they made hard work of doing it. I don't think they'll go up. As for the booking for the foul on Corne. Well. The ref got taken by that one. Things got steadily worse.
Again, no bite up front with Brandon trying his hardest. Nelson, Block and Rooney looked better for us, Maloney and Clifford also. Wynter put in a good stint.
All went to pot after the sending off.
I don't think I'll be there for the HH game. Won't be giving him the time of day.
Results didn't go out way. So bad day at the office.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

This website is full of petty snipes at one another and seems to be turning into a free for all.
No better than the football.
Looking forward to a few games my way next season.
Ramsgate looking good, haven't played them for a while.
Bye bye.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Plenty of effort but imho not enough quality
It is starting to look grim ,we so badly need a win.
Sad to see many people streaming out with several minutes to go.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:07 pm
What a refreshing interview, no bullshit just an honest opinion, no calling out players for mistakes!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Stumpy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:29 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:18 pm Red card Terrell.
Sub:-
Wray for Shomotun.

The goalkeeper position has been a liability for months and why we never sorted it out is beyond me.
You do chat shit, Fella. The entire side is a liability but you want to highlight one position. Well done 👏
I understand why you would defend Billy as you've said your related and i would do exactly the same.

I agree there are issues elsewhere but imo the goalkeeping position is vital but it has been an issue for us all season. We've tried numerous keepers which is never a good thing for them or the team but other than the 9 games Sandford played, i don't think we've got it right.

As for Billy, of course EVERYBODY wants him to do well. I genuinely wish the best for him and on our recent visit to Dover they spoke very highly of him and i'm sure he will have a very good career and may play at a higher level than we ever achieve. But i can only judge on what i see at our games and i don't think it will do any good going into details. But if i'm being honest, in the current circumstances i don't think it's good situation for Billy or DFC.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wasn't sure what to expect from today and went into the game hoping we could get something from it.
After 44 minutes we had played well, were the better side and i started to believe we could a result.
But again we got done by a goal that defensively you would think we should deal with and when the sending off came we never really threatened again.

As much as we did look better today imo we are still missing a few players in key positions which we need to have a better chance of avoiding relegation.

The players are still giving it a go and there were some good performances today and as long as they do that, i'll be there backing them all the way.

MOTM - Barzey.