Brandon Barzey (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
5%

Total votes: 19

Lard Brett Sinclair

Re: Braintree Town v Dartford Tue 12 Mar 2024

Post by Lard Brett Sinclair »

DA Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:31 pm If we tot up 56 points I’ll eat my own face.
:ugeek:
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Torquay being dragged into it may help our cause. But only if we can get our act together (and fast). I found it very hard to be optimistic after Tuesday night, but perhaps we will show a bit of fight in the remaining games. Trouble is some of the squad seem to have resigned themselves to the drop, and are just picking up their paycheck, these need to be identified and ousted. I am still amazed that we finished 2nd last season, we were fairly average for the most part of the 2nd half of the season. Douse well and truly mugged the board with his promises "of it will be much better when I have selected the squad"
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Ajaxman has put it perfectly for me
“The board have been winging it”
Exactly……but it’s ok because there “old school”
Well that’s whats been said by a few here for way too long
Spike

Post by Spike »

I've done some high level technical research and it seems to me that our failures are the result of two major problems. It's a bit technical, so I hope it doesn't go over anyone's head.

1. We don't score enough goals.
2. We let too many goals in.

Further analysis of these problems has led me to the conclusion that several members of our squad are not very good at football. Admittedly, for a football team, these are not insignificant problems, but if we could fix even one of them we might give ourselves half a chance.

Seriously though, talk of reaching 56 points does seem like cloud cuckoo land, there's probably more chance of me winning the Euromillions lottery and I don't even buy a ticket. There is however, a very slim chance that teams around us could falter and if Ady could bring in some high quality reinforcements, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could scrape together a few last gasp victories which may just give us a glimmer. Hopefully Dowse has already started dismantling Hemel from within and that he has time to work his magic and drag them into the mix. I can't imagine a more fitting end to the season than Darts staying up and Hemel going down. That would be worthy of an open top bus and a ticker tape parade through Dartford town centre (and maybe via Hemel). Of course it is a massive task for Ady, but although survival seems like a very long shot, you have to keep plugging away all the while there is hope.
KentC

Post by KentC »

For a moment I was genuinely picturing you going through past results, past performances and forum opinions to come to your technical results.
Then you made me laugh but unfortunately it’s simple and true.

Looking forward to Adys interview
Spike

Post by Spike »

KentC wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:22 pm For a moment I was genuinely picturing you going through past results, past performances and forum opinions to come to your technical results.
Then you made me laugh but unfortunately it’s simple and true.

Looking forward to Adys interview
I'm glad I cheered you up. I usually get my mood boost watching the academy games on a Wednesday but even they both lost today. Fair play to the Whites though, they are still 10 points clear at the top of the table. I already have the Samaritans on speed dial and I am dreading Saturday.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Spike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:17 pm I've done some high level technical research and it seems to me that our failures are the result of two major problems. It's a bit technical, so I hope it doesn't go over anyone's head.

1. We don't score enough goals.
2. We let too many goals in.

Further analysis of these problems has led me to the conclusion that several members of our squad are not very good at football. Admittedly, for a football team, these are not insignificant problems, but if we could fix even one of them we might give ourselves half a chance.

Seriously though, talk of reaching 56 points does seem like cloud cuckoo land, there's probably more chance of me winning the Euromillions lottery and I don't even buy a ticket. There is however, a very slim chance that teams around us could falter and if Ady could bring in some high quality reinforcements, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could scrape together a few last gasp victories which may just give us a glimmer. Hopefully Dowse has already started dismantling Hemel from within and that he has time to work his magic and drag them into the mix. I can't imagine a more fitting end to the season than Darts staying up and Hemel going down. That would be worthy of an open top bus and a ticker tape parade through Dartford town centre (and maybe via Hemel). Of course it is a massive task for Ady, but although survival seems like a very long shot, you have to keep plugging away all the while there is hope.
Spike. When is the next issue of 'Light at the end of the Tunnel' due out? :lol:
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Hello Ozy,
Just thought I was uld add my pennies worth.

So now the hardcore are starting to realise ? Not sure what defines you as a hardcore fan, at one point I felt that way but I can't commit to as many games these days, however the fact that we are posting on here about dfc probably says we are both hardcore fans or had been previously at least. Everyone connected with dfc has a valid opinion, as without the fans there is no club.

This has been on the cards for a long time

Agreed, there has been a doward spiral, which somehow went I unnoticed by the board, we finished 2nd with a team mainly inherited, so the assumption we would do better this season was floored. We lost the spine of our team and the management screwed up on recruitment. The main floodlight on that was our captain's somewhat drawn out departure, from what you read tom made it clear he was out early on but Douse was trying to persuade him to stay on. Countless others departed which has benifted our rivals.

Lack of investment by the board when the club were so near the football league

Full time was considered as the only sustainable way to stay in NLP, I'm not sure how many part timers there are currently, but we were well down the pecking order, and the club said at the time we needed a larger crowd to step up to full time. So if we didn't have it we couldn't spend it as far as I see

Gates dwindling , young fans stopped from attending

Agreed, that little beauty has backfired and we have lost our choir.

Food outlets which are an absolute disgrace in the lower leagues

Rearly buy food from them as they are not great, always felt this should be done in house, I would be happy to pay a fiver for one of those foot long hot dogs they were selling at Braintree

, the clubs around our area managed to get all the bigger sponsors in, much needed revenue lost

Personally I don't know how much we get from sponsorships compared to other clubs, but we have loads of sponsors around the stadium, much more than most other clubs?! Plus we have the kit sponsors too.

No excuses really this is all down to the board
And that is a plain fact

I think the board have left it too late, but I'm hoping that we scrape through and get a reprieve. I don't think it's quite as cut and dry, Douse and his team would have been responsible for recruitment, so in all fairness, they should take the fall as they now have,
money was no doubt behind our reluctance to dispatch Douse especially after turfing out king who had a good record. Since we have had the ground at PP it has been some very good years in terms of success, but we have never settled with a manger since TB but I hope that Ade will be right for us and be there to get us back if the worst happens. We have risen from the ashes of Watling Street (Easter round the corner) as DFC Ltd est 1994, and if we go down we will have to regroup and go again, but will not be easy when heading downwards, look at l'dovre, they are looking at their 2nd relegation in 3. So every effort and penny spare should be put into keeping us up
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

👍👍absolutely agree and very well put points ,
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Sorry Spike, what was number one again? After reading number two it all got rather complicated.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

No post match interview again?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

What? You want to hear all about it Mark. Perhaps he's too busy.
We lost.
I'd sooner the lad worry about Saturday than tell everyone what we already know about.🤨
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lars Resort wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:47 pm What? You want to hear all about it Mark. Perhaps he's too busy.
We lost.
I'd sooner the lad worry about Saturday than tell everyone what we already know about.🤨

Interested to hear the Managers reasons behind Ollie
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I get that kentc. We all do and yes we'd all like an explanation. But he's just given the interview with kentonline and he's still giving no explanation.
He's the manager and will probably answer to all of his decisions at the end of the season. Let the lad get on with trying to get us out of this pickle.
We can put him up against the wall at the end of the season and start shooting.
Who knows? He may put Box in on Saturday and drop Greenidge. He may even God forbid put them both in. I wonder if he thought of that?
Spike

Post by Spike »

I'm sure I saw somewhere, the interview Ady did last Friday described as a weekly interview. If so, maybe we will see one tomorrow. To be honest, I think that's more than enough as Dowse certainly put an end to my desire to hear the manager's thoughts. Ady seems to talk coherently and in a recognisable language, but it will take a while for my hunger for information returns as I have only just stopped going to anger management classes.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lars Resort wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:55 pm I get that kentc. We all do and yes we'd all like an explanation. But he's just given the interview with kentonline and he's still giving no explanation.
He's the manager and will probably answer to all of his decisions at the end of the season. Let the lad get on with trying to get us out of this pickle.
We can put him up against the wall at the end of the season and start shooting.
Who knows? He may put Box in on Saturday and drop Greenidge. He may even God forbid put them both in. I wonder if he thought of that?
I totally take your point. I don’t think it’s an unfair question. I agree let him get on with it but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to question potentially your best players absence. Every other fan of any other club would do the same, I’d imagine.

As PL said before this extra focus on him now with the questions etc possibly will make him feel a bit more pressure that he just doesn’t need.

He should have said something and I’m not impressed one bloody bit , but I agree with your point, let’s just move on.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Spike wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:12 pm I'm sure I saw somewhere, the interview Ady did last Friday described as a weekly interview. If so, maybe we will see one tomorrow. To be honest, I think that's more than enough as Dowse certainly put an end to my desire to hear the manager's thoughts. Ady seems to talk coherently and in a recognisable language, but it will take a while for my hunger for information returns as I have only just stopped going to anger management classes.
I know exactly what you mean, Spike. I made the mistake of listening to Dowse’s interview after his Hemel team’s midweek defeat and he still prattles on and on and on and on about the same subject infinitum. He says in 12 minutes what everyone else would in 4. Mind numbing.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
KentC

Post by KentC »

Skip wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:25 pm
Spike wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:12 pm I'm sure I saw somewhere, the interview Ady did last Friday described as a weekly interview. If so, maybe we will see one tomorrow. To be honest, I think that's more than enough as Dowse certainly put an end to my desire to hear the manager's thoughts. Ady seems to talk coherently and in a recognisable language, but it will take a while for my hunger for information returns as I have only just stopped going to anger management classes.
I know exactly what you mean, Spike. I made the mistake of listening to Dowse’s interview after his Hemel team’s midweek defeat and he still prattles on and on and on and on about the same subject infinitum. He says in 12 minutes what everyone else would in 4. Mind numbing.

Ok I fell into the trap of watching his two interviews. You seriously could not make it up. It’s like the most awful mind numbing same script he’s using. It’s a balance between frustrating listening to such a fraud again and laughing at the entire thing.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

KentC wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:54 pm
Skip wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:25 pm

Ok I fell into the trap of watching his two interviews. You seriously could not make it up. It’s like the most awful mind numbing same script he’s using. It’s a balance between frustrating listening to such a fraud again and laughing at the entire thing.
Lol, I am also in your curtain twitchers club. And things like that / stuff like that / people like that, aye. Cut and paste twaddle!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Me too.........
But now it doesn't effect us it made me p**s myself laughing :D