Brandon Barzey (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
5%

Total votes: 19

Matt85

Re: Braintree Town v Dartford Tue 12 Mar 2024

Post by Matt85 »

Park Life wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:51 am The lads tried again but in all honesty we just weren't good enough. One shot past the post first half but not a single shot on target all evening.
Ady will wake up this morning and realise the enormity of the job he has on his hands. He can shuffle the pack but he's still left with the same cards....
Relegation is looking a distinct possibility now and imo the only chance we have is if we can sign 4 or 5 players on NOW, otherwise it's difficult to see us picking up the required points to stay up.
MOTM for me, Nelson, a decent performance considering he'd probably not met the players until the day of the game.

With regards to Olly Box, I can confirm he travelled to both games and was available to play but was not selected. I have to say that I think the club have handled his situation poorly. From the ridiculous statement from one of the directors, leaving him out when he was playing well and now not even being in the matchday squad when he was playing well and scoring. We've got ourseleves into a bit of a mess with him now, we've put unnecessary pressure on him as if he is selected again people may be expecting too much from him.

Nail on the head with the Olly Box comments.
The one bright light we’ve had in the last few weeks and an academy lad who everyone saw giving 100%.
Would be nice to hear from the new guy as to why he’s not involved.
Continually picking the likes of Barzey and Wall for the bench is a pointless exercise.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

So now the hardcore are starting to realise ?
This has been on the cards for a long time
Lack of investment by the board when the club were so near the football league
Gates dwindling , young fans stopped from attending
Food outlets which are an absolute disgrace in the lower leagues , the clubs around our area managed to get all the bigger sponsors in, much needed revenue lost
No excuses really this is all down to the board
And that is a plain fact
KentC

Post by KentC »

I assume there will be a post match interview
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

so [ an impressive] 19 year old ex Academy lad is going to save our season = wake up and smell the coffee ??? , I posted months ago that the 7 of the current team were NOT NLS standard so NOT suprised at all of our dramatic fall into relegation , I do agree that the snail like approach by the Board are guilty of not sacking Dowse earlier and recruiting the new Manager sooner and there is every chance IF Ade Pennock had also had the same time as the new Welling Manager then he would have a better chance of turning it around , Dowse really did f...k it up but we certainly did help ourselves after he eventually did !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ade hs brought in Greenidge and Ronnie Nelson , IF he had a previous month to bring in another 3 of this class then just maybe ????????
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I'm not surprised by the position we're in now.
It's been coming. We've had two good managers
One steered us away from relegation to a play-off final and was sacked. The other to a second place finish and was sacked the following season.
Both managers regularly referred to "the budget" which probably looked competitive until you read the small print, and probably allowed for a fairly flexible use of the loan system making it look deceptively attractive to an incoming manager.
I'm really starting to believe that the board have been winging it for sometime now. Bring onboard an experienced manager with plenty of contacts and let him get on with it by using a mix of loanees and academy players. Then, when it doesn't work out the manager carries the can because he's never got a settled side. In that case is it really fair to lay the blame firmly at the managers door? Pennock's situation is no different. He's been here 5 minutes and atleast a couple new faces have arrived already. We had a settled side of core players going into the National League. Taunton, who easily disposed of Torquay last night, have had a transfer embargo as well as losing a few players but they've got a togetherness as a close knit group which we haven't had for a longtime. And Truro aren't much different. They've both got what it takes to survive. And Truro will be desperate to secure their place in the NLS for when they move into their new stadium.
Do I think the board are ultimately responsible for where we are now?
Yes I do. They've been found out and we've been undone by the revolving door.
And if anyone disagrees that's fine but at the end of the day, just look at the league table.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

The Duke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:15 am so [ an impressive] 19 year old ex Academy lad is going to save our season = wake up and smell the coffee ??? , I posted months ago that the 7 of the current team were NOT NLS standard so NOT suprised at all of our dramatic fall into relegation , I do agree that the snail like approach by the Board are guilty of not sacking Dowse earlier and recruiting the new Manager sooner and there is every chance IF Ade Pennock had also had the same time as the new Welling Manager then he would have a better chance of turning it around , Dowse really did f...k it up but we certainly did help ourselves after he eventually did !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ade hs brought in Greenidge and Ronnie Nelson , IF he had a previous month to bring in another 3 of this class then just maybe ????????

Unfortunately he was in the stands watching with us instead.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

As long as this board remain , club is going nowhere. Yes they run a right ship , but they wouldn’t have to as much if they hadn’t made the atrocious decisions they have ( sacking king, allowing dowse time, youth fans policy, doing nothing to attract crowds) . Lots of clubs run tight ships with crowds of 100 but still don’t serve up dross every week. Who on board has a football brain? Tony Burnham?Didnt look like it , who else? No point having balanced books but nobody wanting to attend and next year if go down budget could be reduced when we play teams with ten away fans
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Lennylenny wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:41 am As long as this board remain , club is going nowhere. Yes they run a right ship , but they wouldn’t have to as much if they hadn’t made the atrocious decisions they have ( sacking king, allowing dowse time, youth fans policy, doing nothing to attract crowds) . Lots of clubs run tight ships with crowds of 100 but still don’t serve up dross every week. Who on board has a football brain? Tony Burnham?Didnt look like it , who else? No point having balanced books but nobody wanting to attend and next year if go down budget could be reduced when we play teams with ten away fans
Here we go again . Who is this Tony Burnham?
Last edited by Taunton Dart on Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Attendance last night was 709 according to Braintree Town if anyone cares..
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

We play teams now with 10 away fans Lenny x 2!!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Imho we just don't have enough quality.
If our new manager can keep us up I will be amazed.
How as this been allowed to happen?
I despair.
Laughing stock of Kent football
Absolute bl**dy SHAMBLES.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Maybe I'm to optimistic but feel we still stand a chance of getting out this especially if Ade can get better players through the door (which I know is going to be hard) but think if he does we can win games against
Turo x 2
Hemel Hempstead
Eastbourne
H&W
and maybe Worthing
which would give us 56 points hopefully enough to stay up.

The board have done well in the past but made mistakes in the last few seasons like in my opinion sacking King and then giving Dowson much to long this season, I feel Dowson had a very lucky season last year and lost the dressing room possibly since the second half of last season but the board really should have acted quicker.
They should show their ambition by backing Ade to help bring quality players in now to try and at least fight to stay at this level.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

JCJ, I'll go with your optimism for as long as its possible 🤞🤞
COYD
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

So 9 x games left JCJ & you think we can win 6 of them??
There’s being optimistic but also realistic !!
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

JCJ wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:36 pm Maybe I'm to optimistic but feel we still stand a chance of getting out this especially if Ade can get better players through the door (which I know is going to be hard) but think if he does we can win games against
Turo x 2
Hemel Hempstead
Eastbourne
H&W
and maybe Worthing
which would give us 56 points hopefully enough to stay up.

The board have done well in the past but made mistakes in the last few seasons like in my opinion sacking King and then giving Dowson much to long this season, I feel Dowson had a very lucky season last year and lost the dressing room possibly since the second half of last season but the board really should have acted quicker.
They should show their ambition by backing Ade to help bring quality players in now to try and at least fight to stay at this level.
Agreed. I see it as being five games against other relegation contenders which we need to aim for maximum points from, then four games against the top 3 and Maidstone in which we need to scrap for what points we can get and avoid big losses
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We've won 1 game this year and that was against Dover from the penalty spot.

It's extremely optimistic.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:29 pm We've won 1 game this year and that was against Dover from the penalty spot.

It's extremely optimistic.
The only problem there is we don't get awarded that many penalties and we're running out of games.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

If we tot up 56 points I’ll eat my own face.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'll have what JCJ's on .
Unless Ade can bounce us straight back up next season ( long shot) I know. Taking into consideration that he has left the one bright spark that's happened to us, in the stands and not even thought he's been worthy of a bench warming. (A very strange decision). Things are not looking good at all.
I am : slowly losing my enthusiasm for the rest of the season.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Please do not include me in your statement that everyone was happy with the appointment of Dowse as manager Minty. Far from it.
He should have been gone in September for this club to have any chance of staying up this year. Last season we stuttered and farted through the whole campaign.
If that's a good manager I'll eat Mikey's face.