Another match at Princes Park on Weds Feb 14 2024

rick
Site Admin

Another match at Princes Park on Weds Feb 14 2024

Post by rick »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/london-cit ... ter-finals

"We have been drawn away to London City Lionesses in the quarter-finals of the FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup.

The tie is still to be scheduled but will take place at Princes Park on February 7/8.

Our Gunners made it through to the quarter-finals of the competition on an unbeaten run, topping Group D with 11 points. London City, meanwhile, also finished top of their group over Crystal Palace, Lewes and Watford.

We are the reigning Conti Cup champions, having lifted the trophy back in March 2023 with a 3-1 win over Chelsea. We are also the most successful team in the competition’s history, with six titles."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/conti-cup- ... -confirmed

"Our game will take place on Wednesday, February 7, 2024 with a kick-off time of 7pm UK at Princes Park Stadium, Dartford FC. All the action will be streamed live on FA Player.

Tickets for our away game will go on sale at 6pm on 31 January via London City Lionesses website. Supporters can find more information on tickets here: https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/women/2 ... -lionesses
Clare

Re: Another match at Princes Park on February 7

Post by Clare »

Game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

https://www.londoncitylionesses.com/pos ... -postponed
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Thought we had a good drainage system. There again I thought we had a good team once. Another backward step with a game cancelled at short notice. Atleast Truro City can't be blamed for this one. And they tried to blame Plymouth Parkway. I wonder if City Lionesses will blame their landlords. There wouldn't have been 4000 fans present for the Truro/Dartford game either.
I was looking forward to tonight and fear I may not be able to make the rescheduled game due to work commitments.
But I should know by now not to get too excited about anything involving Princes Park these days.
What a let down.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Geez Ajaxman, you can't be serious. The pitch was in pretty good nick last night but has taken a right pounding with rain overnight and despite Jay's best efforts the game was called off this afternoon following a pitch inspection. It's so rare to lose a game, we almost take Jays superhuman efforts for granted and it's a real surprise when a game gets called off. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion, but how anyone can conclude that this is "another backward step" by the club escapes me.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

:roll:
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:01 pm Thought we had a good drainage system. There again I thought we had a good team once. Another backward step with a game cancelled at short notice. Atleast Truro City can't be blamed for this one. And they tried to blame Plymouth Parkway. I wonder if City Lionesses will blame their landlords. There wouldn't have been 4000 fans present for the Truro/Dartford game either.
I was looking forward to tonight and fear I may not be able to make the rescheduled game due to work commitments.
But I should know by now not to get too excited about anything involving Princes Park these days.
What a let down.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:01 pm Thought we had a good drainage system. There again I thought we had a good team once. Another backward step with a game cancelled at short notice. Atleast Truro City can't be blamed for this one. And they tried to blame Plymouth Parkway. I wonder if City Lionesses will blame their landlords. There wouldn't have been 4000 fans present for the Truro/Dartford game either.
What a let down.
So the weather is now also the fault of the club..............FFS

Perhaps if you could have got those 4000 people up PP earlier and got them to put their umbrellas up it might have been on, so i blame them.... :lol: :lol:

If there's nothing for you to get you excited about at PP you don't have to go, now that would be something to get excited about :lol: :lol:
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:25 pm
What a let down.
So the weather is now also the fault of the club..............FFS

Perhaps if you could have got those 4000 people up PP earlier and got them to put their umbrellas up it might have been on, so i blame them.... :lol: :lol:

If there's nothing for you to get you excited about at PP you don't have to go, now that would be something to get excited about :lol: :lol:
Well said that man! 👍
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

What a let down.
Rather have a game postponed that I’m not interested in than a Dartford game.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Just don't be surprised if there's a vacancy for new tenants next season.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:37 pm Just don't be surprised if there's a vacancy for new tenants next season.
To be honest I would be surprised. I would be very surprised if it happened for that reason ... because it would be a very silly response to a situation outside of anyone's control. I appreciate the weather may have messed up your plans for the evening, but trying to blame someone for that seems irrational to me. I would be happy to change my opinion if you could explain what you think the club did wrong and what you personally would have done differently.
rick
Site Admin

Re: Another match at Princes Park on Weds Feb 14 2024

Post by rick »

Now Wednesday February 14th

https://www.arsenal.com/news/conti-cup- ... -confirmed

The draw has been made for the upcoming FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup semi-finals.

Should we beat London City Lionesses in the quarter-finals on Wednesday, February 14, we will play at home to Aston Villa.

Extra-time and penalties will be used to determine the winners if we are drawing after 90 minutes.

The semi-finals will be played across Wednesday, March 6 and Thursday, March 7, before the final takes place at Molineux Stadium on Sunday, March 31.
tommytollbooth

Re: Another match at Princes Park on Weds Feb 14 2024

Post by tommytollbooth »

According to Kent Online there was a sell out crowd of 4000 for the above game. Arsenal won 4-0. I wonder what crowds London City Lionesses normally get at Princes Park?