Oliver Box (Sub)
No votes
Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 23

Taunton Dart

Re: Dartford v Chippenham Town Tue 13 Feb 2024

Post by Taunton Dart »

Truro and Taunton are already in the battle. Both clubs are in disarray. Taunton Chairman is now on sick leave indefinitely and they have not scored a single goal recently. As both clubs are now sharing a ground that is prone to waterlogging they both have fixtures piling up - the next two Saturdays we massive six pointers for us
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Perhaps a few of the players should read the forum and see what the fans really think of their performances{?} as the ones who really care may just respond in a positive way and any others just sulk and hopefully soon f... of elsewhere !!!

Even at NLS level Darts players get well well paid and should NOT be protected from criticism especially from fair minded fans who pay their wages !!!!!!!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:56 am I think everyone is missing my point.
What possible good can it do at this crucial time to start slagging off the players?
We need them to drag us out of the position we are in as its highly unlikely that we will get an influx of new quality players in before the end of the season even if a new manager comes in.
Slagging them off now will not help them OR US.
No. I get your point PL. As ever, it’s a fair one from a fair person. But we can be critical. It’s human nature. This place is akin to an extension of the terraces or the bar, where much worse is said 😂 I’m not so sure anything can help them or us to be honest. Divine intervention maybe! And it’s only ONE who’s being properly singled out and deservedly so in my humble opinion. What’s more, voices are getting louder. That player does not ‘belong’ at this club. I was gob-smacked he was signed in the first place and then sodding-well retained for a second term! Most of the rest are merely, collectively, ‘guilty by association’ following regular poor overall team performances. Sadly, one stands out as being truly woeful. And, like the bar, with like-minded people, calling out piss-poor players kinda validates my feelings. But I do recognise I am a grumpy old f*cker and am in a twelve step programme to deal with it. Sadly, after watching a Darts game, I have to start at the beginning again!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Did we really expect that now Dowse had gone we would improve?
Tony is trying hard to get something out of the same squad. Yes, he's added to the team, while losing two quality players at an important time.
I half expected a win last night but once we go behind we do not have the quality there.
But don't come down on the individual players, it is what it is. The damage was done in the summer with the half wit that called himself a manager and his recruitment, strategy and ineptitude.
I do somewhat blame the Board for constantly backing a damp squid but the damage has been done.
I have said for a long time that we were Isthmian Premier League team material.
Seems like I've been waiting for relegation for a long time now.
I know that's defeatest talk, but now I'm doubting a result at Dover.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I do not know how Chippenham kept us out in the early stages of the first half. there was one move that had three or four attempts on goal cleared by the Chippenham defence - more shots than we have had in entire games! The performance was good first half and the goal was another one of those 'individual errors'.

I though Joash was having a good game up to that point, but losing possession with no cover behind you or next to you was a killer.

I won't criticise players on here and that is my choice, but I would agree it does not help the individuals or the squad. I can see green shoots for turning this around and would be content (not happy) to finish mid-table.

Onwards and upwards - COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:10 am
Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:56 am I think everyone is missing my point.
What possible good can it do at this crucial time to start slagging off the players?
We need them to drag us out of the position we are in as its highly unlikely that we will get an influx of new quality players in before the end of the season even if a new manager comes in.
Slagging them off now will not help them OR US.
No. I get your point PL. As ever, it’s a fair one from a fair person. But we can be critical. It’s human nature. This place is akin to an extension of the terraces or the bar, where much worse is said 😂 I’m not so sure anything can help them or us to be honest. Divine intervention maybe! And it’s only ONE who’s being properly singled out and deservedly so in my humble opinion. What’s more, voices are getting louder. That player does not ‘belong’ at this club. I was gob-smacked he was signed in the first place and then sodding-well retained for a second term! Most of the rest are merely, collectively, ‘guilty by association’ following regular poor overall team performances. Sadly, one stands out as being truly woeful. And, like the bar, with like-minded people, calling out piss-poor players kinda validates my feelings. But I do recognise I am a grumpy old f*cker and am in a twelve step programme to deal with it. Sadly, after watching a Darts game, I have to start at the beginning again!
I know what your saying mate and anyone who knows me will know like yourself will always give an honest opinion, but on some subjects only in the bar or on the terraces (come and ask me at Dover and you'll see :lol:) I'm not naive enough to think people won't criticise or don't have the right, I just feel with either TB in temporary charge or a new guy coming in we will need ALL the current players and imo need to stick together now. This forum is full of long standing regular fans who will be here when the current group of players have gone and the next and next...... But I'm only concerned atm about retaining our status in the NLS and if it gives us a 0.0000001% better chance of staying up backing the players that's what I'll be doing.
Last edited by Park Life on Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Admirable PL (and others) I wish I could be like that! I’m just one of those that can’t let some things go unsaid. I might not be at Dover, not because of our form, just because of that shit-hole of a ground where you can’t get a drink or any decent grub. And they want £17 for the feckin privilege!!!
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:44 am Admirable PL (and others) I wish I could be like that! I’m just one of those that can’t let some things go unsaid. I might not be at Dover, not because of our form, just because of that shit-hole of a ground where you can’t get a drink or any decent grub. And they want £17 for the feckin privilege!!!
You obviously don't the buy food on offer at Dartford, lol
butcheragano

Post by butcheragano »

Didnt look the 700 odd stated for the crowd . Apparently they count season ticket holders each week in the figure, anybody know how many season ticket holders we have
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

I agree with Parky, it's important we don't go over the top, particularly with personal criticism at this time.

Last night, the first 25 minutes were the best l'd seen this season (OK, it was only my 5th game of the season ☺️☺️). We played with purpose, enthusiasm and energy. Perhaps the missed chances (I still can't believe how we failed to score!) dented the teams already fragile confidence, and the individual error that cost as the goal, just shattered it completely. Chippenham were a very average side, but they did what they had to do.

I find the criticism of Shomotun a bit unfair. I thought he was our best attacking threat all night, and if we were going to create a decent goalscoring chance, he looked to be the most likely source.

I think we all agree that a proven goalscorer is desperately needed, but 20 goal a season strikers are not easy to get on loan for the rest of the season!!

As tough as it is, we need to keep the faith. Two decent results against Dover and Taunton will make things look a lot rosier, and they are both achievable if we play like we did in the first quarter last night.

Come on you Darts!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I thought last night was a very mediocre game played by two very mediocre teams!! With one being a little less mediocre in the 2nd half!!
If we can’t get something from Saturdays Douvre game I do fear the bottom four beckons?? Hope I’m wrong?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

It's a shame to lose last night, I was optimistic. After PL had said we'd hit the woodwork three times in the first half I thought it was those that we needed to make count. Games like these have a habit of biting you on the bum and as soon as Chips scored you had a feeling it was hard to get back.
We've been in the NLS for a good few seasons now and if we do go down it will be with a heavy heart.
There's still time to get it together but I think it's getting harder to stop the slide. I can't make it Saturday, which is damned annoying, but I think if we lose it will be a big nail in our NLS coffin ⚰️.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Disappointed, to say the least. I felt that our first win in a while was just around the corner, especially after Saturdays second half at Bath, starting last night. Woeful second half and should have been one or two to the good at HT. credit Chippenham for some “bodies on the line” defending.

TB and Craig will keep plugging away at it and get the most out of the squad we have (that became more threadbare last night following Blocky’s latest injury).

I will not slag players off here or anywhere. They deserve our encouragement to be honest (I’ll take cover and wait for the onslaught!!)

As much as my heart tells me we’ll be okay this season, my brain tells me we’re in for a relegation dog-fight. Saturday at Dover is MASSIVE.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I had a feeling we wouldn't finish quite as high as last season. But I didn't see this coming. The ceiling's caved in.
Whatever ambitions we harboured have gone out of the window and now we've lost our way.
It's not easy to get crucial decisions right in an unpredictable world. But that's what successful clubs do. Players come and go, directors come and go, (sometimes) and managers come and go. Many return as fans when they retire from their respective roles. Some are fans to begin with. The fans are the most important lifeblood of any club.
But the timing of appointments and knowing when to move on is the key to success, whether it be Didier Drogba, Arsene Wenger or Ken Bates.
It's beginning to feel like we have no idea where we're going with no credible plan in place. I feel the club is lacking innovation and energy.
And this may upset a few people but during the composition of this post I took time out to watch Tony Burman's interview.
Quite frankly it could have been Alan Dowson. Nothing has changed.
Next up Dover. It looks very much like they've well and truly had it this season. To say they've got a leaky defence is an understatement. But they are still scoring goals. If we don't take our chances we'll come away from The Crabble with nothing on Saturday.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Another tough watch at Prince's Park made worse by the early promise of goals which in the end didn't materialise.
As previously said Tony is not a messiah - he can only work with what he's got plus the odd addition which is not going to be easy given our league position and lack of a permanent manager.
In my view the board are correct in not rushing into appointing a new guy - its far more important to get the right guy.
On a positive note (as positive as I can be) we are not leaking goals - if we can just stop that one going in we will pick up points.
Looking at the squad, what there is of it, we have a more than adequate defender in Adebowale who is going unused and a midfielder playing out of position in defence.
We don't have a spare striker unless Charlie is available.
Box can do a job but not the main one we need.
The current incumbent Mr Wall is not mobile enough to bother most defences and Elliot is yet to prove himself upon his return.
So, and I admit I've said this before - stick Adebowale in at the back and Rooney up front and all our problems are solved - well maybe!!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

butcheragano wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 am Didnt look the 700 odd stated for the crowd . Apparently they count season ticket holders each week in the figure, anybody know how many season ticket holders we have
Yep nowhere near 700+ yesterday barely just over half of that imo
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I think that there are around 160 ST holders.but I am not .absolutely sure.

I am a ST holder who only goes occasionally.
Imho the days of playing for the shirt are history and the culture seems to be money and only money.
Dowson has done a lot of damage and left us with an absolute mess
TB will always give his all but imo we are woefully short on quality.
Relegation is now a possibility .

WAKE UP DFC...the isthmian league is waiting to gobble you up!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Manny has no confidence at all I shouldn't think. He not been given a chance from the start of the season.
Having said that Joash is probably the best of Dowse's signings in the summer. I feel for him as he really hasn't had a decent defender alongside him all season.
MickW

Post by MickW »

ozymandias wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:11 pm Manny has no confidence at all I shouldn't think. He not been given a chance from the start of the season.
Having said that Joash is probably the best of Dowse's signings in the summer. I feel for him as he really hasn't had a decent defender alongside him all season.
Manny played against Sevenoaks and QPR and whilst not top notch opposition he fared quite well I thought.
Give the lad go I say.