Park Life

Re: Dartford v Chippenham Town Tue 13 Feb 2024

Post by Park Life »

FT 0-1
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Once again I'm fuming.

I don't want to hear any bollocks about how first half was a good performance etc etc. Performances won't keep us in the league, points will. And at the moment we don't have the quality up front to score 1 goal let alone 2 when we need them so we have no chance of getting any points.

Wall is a useless sack of shit, he doesn't run or jump what is the point of him.

It's the same constant moves in attack, side to side with the failure to break teams open and have any confidence to shoot.

We concede a goal and somehow end up more defensive and let them pass it around us looking like 1970s Brazil. The players have no bottle.

2 more injuries, what a surprise. That's the next excuse in the short list.

Of course we can put some of the blame on Dowse and his recruitment, but we have to hold the board accountable as well. Why did we sack our manager a month ago and still don't have a replacement in. At this point it's too late to get anyone in who's going to be able to stamp their style on the squad and bring players they need in. They better hope TB can work some sort of miracle and keep us in the league but I have no hope.

No MOTM for me, none of them deserve it.

Look forward to Hashtag United away next season. Absolute shambles how has it come to this
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

It’s bloody hard work watching this. Yes we’ve improved since the clown left but every time we get creative down the flanks, I look into the box to see what we’ve got and I despair. Wall. That’s it. And that’s exactly what he is. A sodding great brick wall that won’t move and gets in the way! For goodness sake will someone at the club tell him how absolutely shit he is?! The biggest cheer was when he got subbed. If we rely on him for goals to keep us up - then manage your expectations folks. C’mon TB - there must be somebody out there to take his place. I had us down for a draw tonight and a win at Dover to keep us ‘in charge’. I’m not so sure now. Can’t see us getting much at Sluff and then Taunton at home. Oh my gawd - I cant imagine what will happen if we batter them for 15 minutes and lose 0-1. I’m not religious so will someone who is, please have a few words ‘upstairs?’
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

We look bound for relegation with the current set of players we have. When we conceded the goal there was no reaction, no noise, no motivating. Just everyone turned and went towards the centre circle. We are just a bunch of losers. If they can play us around the park at our own ground then anyone can. We cant score, we dont look like scoring and its been this way for several weeks. Dover scored 4 last game, how many could they put against us. Bang in trouble
oranj

Post by oranj »

We had a good spell where we should have scored three goals before half time. We failed to take those chances, and then it seemed strangely inevitable that we’d lose 0-1. After going behind we never looked like equalising.

We are a bad team who don’t have the fight to get out of trouble. I cannot see any outcome other than relegation unless something changes. TB is a good man and a club legend, but he’s been given an absolute sh*t sandwich by the board, who have royally screwed up this whole situation.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Chippenham psssed it well, had a clear game plan to play out from the back at pace, we look miles off it, and well out if touch with "modern Football" I do appreciate there are other ways to win games but they looked decent tonight.

We ran out if ideas but agreed that Fum looks dangerous when he got the ball and managed to some good crosses into the box, Romain worked hard up front.

Great to see Tom Bonner watching and interesting to see Ade Pennock and his coach (can't remember his name).
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

The first-half performance, let’s not get carried away, was good enough to have won a game against mediocre opponents, but we couldn’t do that. The 2nd half was shocking. The reaction, or lack of, to going a goal behind defines our season. It has relegation written all over it. We can’t beat anyone. Welling and Eastbourne will stay up and we will go down with Taunton. 10% of me says I could be wrong. But if we lose to Dover….
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Square pegs in round holes again tonight. Massively lacking a centre half who can defend and a forward who can score. Wall was abysmal again and ended up blocking a goal bound shot as his main contribution in the opposition box.
Injuries to block and Sam tonight too, unless we get some bodies in Saturdays squad will be very depleted.
Left bath on Saturday wondering where the next goal comes from and have left tonight even more concerned.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Am i alone in thinking that Shomotun looked easy to play against? Let him go down the line because he has no right foot, and ensure that when he cuts inside there’s always an opponent in the way? He barely beat his man all night yet won man of the match. And he was our only outlet.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I have said in previous posts that Tony Burman is NOT Houdini and the players available are NOT good enough to be confident of staying in the NLS , we are slow , have predictable buildup, only Shomotun and on occasions Coulson have any flair [ the midfield has no creative players whatsoever] and once again we lose through Nembhall giving the ball to an oppos player and in a one to one situation he flashed through an open defence and finished well , clean sheets get points !!!

Can TB bring in 3/4 decent players to give us a chance or is it " catch 22 " waiting for the new Manager to soon arrive , with us being very close to relegation places and on a winless run will a real quality Manager see us as a good way forward as [ possibly] being in the Ishtmian Premier will not be attractive to many ???

I was there tonight and badly wanted us to win but I couldnt honestly see it happening , I dont believe there is lack of effort just NLS class !!!!!!!!!!!

NOT going to Dover [ hate the place !!] but really praying for 3pts !!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I understand it's a forum and people can say what they want, but taking into account the situation we're currently in does anybody think criticising individual players at this time will help? I don't and if we want to have the best chance of staying up i believe we need to get behind ALL the players and give them our support, it may make the difference.

As for the game, first half we played well and had a great spell where we hit the woodwork three times, had one off the line and then had another effort blocked by our own player. How we didn't score then i don't know and i did wonder whether we may rue those missed chances and unfortunately we did.
Second half we had to try something but i felt when we subbed Wall and had nobody to replace him with we lost all attacking impetus. We seemed to drop off and not have enough desire to press them and try get something from the game.

TB has been left with such an unbalanced squad with so few options in certain areas and add to that more injuries tonight, we need to get a few in on loan NOW or make the new manager appointment asap but even if we do that the new guy will also have to get some reinforcements in straight away.

Regardless of how you think we played we have made three errors in the last three games which ultimately have cost us in each of those games, tonights more frustrating because even though Chippenham did ok second half i can't recall them having another effort on goal. Small bloody margins yes, but we cant keep making mistakes and say we played well and were unlucky. We need more attacking options now which i think would make a big difference as our top scorer is Luke Coulson on 9 goals.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Dicky Dart wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:06 pm Am i alone in thinking that Shomotun looked easy to play against? Let him go down the line because he has no right foot, and ensure that when he cuts inside there’s always an opponent in the way? He barely beat his man all night yet won man of the match. And he was our only outlet.
Sounds a bit like Ryno
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Park Life wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:38 pm I understand it's a forum and people can say what they want, but taking into account the situation we're currently in does anybody think criticising individual players at this time will help? I don't and if we want to have the best chance of staying up i believe we need to get behind ALL the players and give them our support, it may make the difference.

As for the game, first half we played well and had a great spell where we hit the woodwork three times, had one off the line and then had another effort blocked by our own player. How we didn't score then i don't know and i did wonder whether we may rue those missed chances and unfortunately we did.
Second half we had to try something but i felt when we subbed Wall and had nobody to replace him with we lost all attacking impetus. We seemed to drop off and not have enough desire to press them and try get something from the game.

TB has been left with such an unbalanced squad with so few options in certain areas and add to that more injuries tonight, we need to get a few in on loan NOW or make the new manager appointment asap but even if we do that the new guy will also have to get some reinforcements in straight away.

Regardless of how you think we played we have made three errors in the last three games which ultimately have cost us in each of those games, tonights more frustrating because even though Chippenham did ok second half i can't recall them having another effort on goal. Small bloody margins yes, but we cant keep making mistakes and say we played well and were unlucky. We need more attacking options now which i think would make a big difference as our top scorer is Luke Coulson on 9 goals.
So it was ok to criticise dowse on a personal and professional level but calling out certain players for continual poor performances is wrong?
This is the worst squad we’ve had for as long as I can remember, we have no leaders and nobody seeming to want to stand up and be counted.
The first half at bath could have been a cricket score and I think we could still be playing now and not scored tonight.
We have no squad depth, especially in attacking positions. I don’t see where the next goal comes from.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Taunton Dart wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 pm
Dicky Dart wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:06 pm Am i alone in thinking that Shomotun looked easy to play against? Let him go down the line because he has no right foot, and ensure that when he cuts inside there’s always an opponent in the way? He barely beat his man all night yet won man of the match. And he was our only outlet.
Sounds a bit like Ryno
Chippenham did their homework on Shomotun. Every time he received the ball he had two and sometimes three people on him. This meant that one or two of our players were then free but we never found them with the ball.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Nope.... I absolutely agree with you. He can't beat a man around the outside, always cuts back to his left foot, and then his delivery is meh. Too easy to defend against. How he got motm, is beyond me.

Not sure who I would give it to, though.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Taunton Dart wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 pm
Sounds a bit like Ryno
Oh and what we would give to have a talent like him in the team now eh!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life - as usual you talk sense but, on occasions, ya gotta call out consistently crap players. It’s a fans’ forum after all, not a players’ one. You’re just too kind. Not a bad thing. But some of us are gonna moan. As we did with the other charlatan.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Utter garbage. Didn’t get there until after half eight, so apparently missed the all good stuff as usual. Last time I saw a decent performance was the 2-2 draw against Yeovil back when I was single. Portent or what?
Really not sure if this group of players would hold up in the Isthmian Premier, there is no invention nor movement off the ball; fitness looks poor and confidence is clearly at an all time low. We can’t string more than five passes together, create very few opportunities and don’t hit the target on the odd occasion that we do. There are so many problems, it is impossible to present a single solution. Some have said that Chippenham were half decent, I disagree. They gave a 5/10 performance and it was sizeably better than we could muster.

Will be there at Dover, even against that shower I’d be amazed if we score more than one goal.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I think everyone is missing my point.
What possible good can it do at this crucial time to start slagging off the players?
We need them to drag us out of the position we are in as its highly unlikely that we will get an influx of new quality players in before the end of the season even if a new manager comes in.
Slagging them off now will not help them OR US.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I am worried that another game passes and we get nil points. We still have that cushion of points in the bag but I do feel that one of the current bottom four will put a run together and put the pressure on us
We do need to win a couple of games to try and drag Truro and Taunton into the battle
Hopefully we can start picking up some points very soon