Oliver Box (Sub)
No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Farnborough v Dartford Sat 3 Feb 2024

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:22 pm Nice to hear some positivity from you in the wake of Dowson SD, but if you think out fate is based on beating four specific teams - no matter where they sit in the table - then I think the writing is on the Wall…

We’ll certainly need to win a few games - and avoid defeat in a few more - to avoid the drop, and whilst it still could go either way, we are reliant on what other teams do since our squad is so weak. It is in the hands of others unless we are able to sign a creative midfielder, resolute defender and 20+ goal attacker, which ain’t gonna happen.
Horrible time for DFC, all we can do is give TB (or whoever else inherits this mess) our 100% support.

Edit: Just two MOTM votes. What the actual monk is going on.
I always aim to be positive DA. Sadly, under Dowse, it was impossible. If we go down, it won’t be Tony Birmingham who took us down. That’s fer sure. Dowson caused so much division in the club and on the terraces and it was poisonous. He’s gone. It’s nice to be back. Damage may already be done but we have some winnable games and a few potential thumpings. I think we’ll finish one place above the drop. But I’m a tad concerned about Welling and Eastbourne. We scored a ‘proper’ goal today. It felt nice. MOTM, Billy, for three outstanding saves that looked nailed-on certain goals.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

That's the first time in ages we've lost a game but i've not left the ground angry and that's because it was an improved performance and we looked like a team. Yes we still need to find a bit more in certain areas but i thought we just edged the first half and they did the same second half. If we'd came away with a point today i don't think anybody would have said that wasn't deserved. Frustrating thing is if we had some more options up front that may have been enough for us to get at least a point today.

Good to see Blocky back as from what i've seen of him so far he looks pretty decent, Maloney showed he may also be an asset but on today's showing Fumnaya Shomotum was a breath of fresh air and gave us what we have been missing virtually all season, width and pace. Sure we still need to improve but the players showed today they are up for the fight and if TB can get in a couple of forwards asap and keep getting a slight improvement each week, i think we will move up the table.

MOTM - Shomotum, a good debut and created our goal.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

The overall tone coming across, is that we are taking small steps in the right direction. The additions sound good, maybe just what we need to spring a bit of life back into the squad. It has been concerning me that we hadn't had the typical jolt response from players, that you generally get when a new manager comes in.

IMO the club should be treating the appointment as urgent so they have the most time to get points on the board, so we can secure NLS football next season. I have faith in TB 100% to hold the reigns till the end of the season, but the call should made asap if interviews don't go as planned/hoped

UTD'S
Last edited by Tall Dart on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Thanks for the heartening reports from Farnborough
I still have faith that we will stay up but only because we have TB in the saddle.
The new manager will.need to hit the ground running

Dowson has done a lot of damage I just hope that we sacked the clown before too much damage was done
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

In Funmaya again we find that TB isn't using the sticky plaster method. It sounds as if he's one for the future, wherever that may be.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We can all be Board Directors and First Team manager in our heads and speak as such through this channel. What we have is what we have at present and I’m sure the Board with TB and coaches will do whatever’s necessary and whenever necessary without the constant criticism of some on here.

In my opinion yesterday was probably the best we’ve played this season (yes, I was there to watch rather than rely on commentary from a distance!), though without anything to show for it. The gap is clear to see and that is a stiker or two to form the point of our attack and get goals. Simple really!

Fumnaya a shooing for our best player and gets my MoM vote (a very good catch for us I reckon). Billy played exceptionally well in goal but his fumble led to their 2nd goal, Rooney was solid (I agree, he should be playing much higher up the pitch and Manny as CD - there you go, I’m doing it now!!!!!), Jordan again faultless and Blocky impressive.

Talk of relegation? Yes, a risk, but I don’t think so. Time to get behind the club and support everyone concerned.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Tony H wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 am We can all be Board Directors and First Team manager in our heads and speak as such through this channel. What we have is what we have at present and I’m sure the Board with TB and coaches will do whatever’s necessary and whenever necessary without the constant criticism of some on here.

In my opinion yesterday was probably the best we’ve played this season (yes, I was there to watch rather than rely on commentary from a distance!), though without anything to show for it. The gap is clear to see and that is a stiker or two to form the point of our attack and get goals. Simple really!

Fumnaya a shooing for our best player and gets my MoM vote (a very good catch for us I reckon). Billy played exceptionally well in goal but his fumble led to their 2nd goal, Rooney was solid (I agree, he should be playing much higher up the pitch and Manny as CD - there you go, I’m doing it now!!!!!), Jordan again faultless and Blocky impressive.

Talk of relegation? Yes, a risk, but I don’t think so. Time to get behind the club and support everyone concerned.

This is a supporters forum where people give opinions, you can’t just take the praise sometimes there’s criticism too. Doesn’t make anyone particularly wrong or right but this forum is not a love in.
There will be praise, there often is, there will be criticism, at the moment there understandably is at times.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KentC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 am
Tony H wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 am We can all be Board Directors and First Team manager in our heads and speak as such through this channel. What we have is what we have at present and I’m sure the Board with TB and coaches will do whatever’s necessary and whenever necessary without the constant criticism of some on here.

This is a supporters forum where people give opinions, you can’t just take the praise sometimes there’s criticism too. Doesn’t make anyone particularly wrong or right but this forum is not a love in.
There will be praise, there often is, there will be criticism, at the moment there understandably is at times.
I wasn’t directing my first paragraph at anyone in particular, but guessed you’d be the first to react KentC 😂.

I absolutely agree with you though, it is a fans forum and I too express my opinion…as a fan. Thanks.

(PS Come and find me in the bar at the next home game and I’ll be happy to have a beer with you 🍺)
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

It's a pity then Kent that the board didn't read on here when seasoned supporter's were staying away or walking out the gate long before the final whistle.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tony H wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am
(PS Come and find me in the bar at the next home game and I’ll be happy to have a beer with you 🍺)
He didn’t say he’d buy it! 🍺 😜
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

The Board and Managers have stated that they dont read the forum presumably cause they believe [ and are correct] that there is some dross posted BUT a lot of posts are from Guys known to the Board that have followed the Darts [ through good and bad] for up to 70 years and their posts are genuine and from the heart and would give the Board the real feeling coming from the terraces which is solid information for them to act on

Information is key and NOT knowing the mood of the fans is not clever especially when the emphasis is on a Community based Club , so surely the message is , listen to the positive comments , ignore the stupidity and act accordingly ????

UP THE DARTS
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Looking at the way the voting is going Fumnaya is going down a storm with travelling supporters. Well done TB
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

The Duke wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:45 am The Board and Managers have stated that they dont read the forum presumably cause they believe [ and are correct] that there is some dross posted BUT a lot of posts are from Guys known to the Board that have followed the Darts [ through good and bad] for up to 70 years and their posts are genuine and from the heart and would give the Board the real feeling coming from the terraces which is solid information for them to act on

Information is key and NOT knowing the mood of the fans is not clever especially when the emphasis is on a Community based Club , so surely the message is , listen to the positive comments , ignore the stupidity and act accordingly ????

UP THE DARTS
Amen brother 👍
KentC

Post by KentC »

Tony H wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am
KentC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 am

I wasn’t directing my first paragraph at anyone in particular, but guessed you’d be the first to react KentC 😂.

I absolutely agree with you though, it is a fans forum and I too express my opinion…as a fan. Thanks.

You can see me above the dugout and buy me a tea one sugar.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 am It's a pity then Kent that the board didn't read on here when seasoned supporter's were staying away or walking out the gate long before the final whistle.

At no point do I disagree with what you’re alluding to.
In fact I’ve said something very similar on this thread.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wasn't sure yesterday as it was right up the other end but a lot of our fans were convinced their second goal was offside.
After watching their highlights it clearly hits Harvey standing on the goal line so going to the letter of the law is that not offside????
If it was really poor that both officials who were right there missed it.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Penalty ought to have been retaken as there is clear encroachment. Farnborough second goal - as PL states - could have been chalked off for offside, although this is slightly clutching at straws.
Quite glad we have the London Cup game on Tuesday as I feel we are capable of turning a corner now.