New Manager.

Moderator: Gary C

Jonty

Re: New Manager.

Post by Jonty »

This season we had a manager who tied up the budget with a bunch of injured players and to bring Dennis on board it would once again tie up the budget with his wages. It ain’t going to happen.

Our last two managers have just bought chaos and division with their revolving door policy and caused division with everyone at the club. I think we need to try something different and look at someone younger manager who has already lifted trophies and develops young players. With that in mind, I would have to agree with Darren’s choices.

The big question is; how long before we make the call on a new manager . There is a good chance that things could go from bad to worse with the team TB has inherited.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Bloor, Kutrieb. None of the above.
Who are the long list of applicants? For the life of me, I can't think of one .Yet.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I've been impressed with what I have seen about Cray Valley Paper Mills so would have a look at Steve McKimm.

Kutrieb - another who needs a big budget, so no thanks.

We need someone young who will build a team, hopefully using our youth academy players in some part. TB always had a solid base to his teams of loyal players who wore their hearts on their sleeves. Oh for a settled squad based around half a dozen or so strong and hungry players - just like we had with Bradbrook, Noble, Burns, Hayes, Harris and Bonner. Let's get back to a proper club with a nucleus who have DFC running through their veins.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Steve King....Deal Town manager.
That frightened you Dean.😁.
From what I saw of Deal, they knocked it around on the floor.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:09 pm Steve King....Deal Town manager.
That frightened you Dean.😁.
From what I saw of Deal, they knocked it around on the floor.
Steve who ? 😁
Harry

Post by Harry »

Gavin Rose, brought through some incredible players at Dulwich and played very good progressive passing Football, well worth an interview in my view.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Whoever it is we need to make a decision ASAP

Whatever the circumstances at Welling they have acted quickly in replacing their sacked manager and picked up an important win tonight

We are precariously close to relegation and anyone who thinks it isn't a possibility at this stage could be in for a shock in a few months time
Spike

Post by Spike »

I sincerely believe that Dowse's interviews played a far bigger part in his demise than even the poor football. I frequently left games disappointed, but invariably that mood changed to downright anger after listening to the post match interviews. I see Dowse's parting shot in his exit interview was to suggest that the only manager the supporters will accept is somebody promoted from within the club. He has once again completely misread the situation and has come up with a conclusion that is the polar opposite of what supporters actually want. Tony Burman will always be a legend at this club (to anyone who has the faintest clue what they are talking about) but he is a one-off and every fan I know agrees that it would be madness to limit ourselves to recruiting only from within the club. That suggestion seems more like another one of Dowse's little pops at our club, implying we're more of as "leisure centre" and just a little too small to achieve anything at this level, even though we had no trouble doing so prior to his tenure.

What the fans actually want, is a manager with a proven track record, who has the savvy and the contacts to bring in some quality players from sources other than hospital waiting rooms, plays them in positions to which they are accustomed, doesn't have to rely on a conveyor belt of short term loanees, doesn't continually whinge about the budget, plastic pitches, not having sufficient access to the training pitch, referees, bad luck, etc, etc. Additionally, it would be advantageous if he could refrain from continually announcing pending new arrivals that never materialise and is capable of stringing a coherent sentence together without constantly portraying our club in a negative way, seemingly having given up on success before the season has even kicked off, thereby discouraging fans and possibly even potential players from coming here. These are not unrealistic expectations.

There are already several potential candidates and I have no doubt that amongst them are more than a few who will treat the job with respect.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Absolutely spot on, Spike. Even in my position watching events from afar this season my overriding feeling was the negative portrayal of the club by Dowson. Any positive aspects to his tenure have been most definitely wiped by the atrocious state he has left the first team; which Dowson admits ‘perhaps I took my eye off the ball’. You don’t say!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

His last interview has him down as a Messiah. Where did we go wrong in bringing in a clown?
Biggest mistake this club has ever made.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I wasnt going to comment and it would have been better if he'd done the same but unfortunately even after leaving he continues to come out with a load more bullshit.

How about this:-

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/footb ... 257093.amp

Sound familiar........
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Does sound as though he's reading from the same script.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:18 am I wasnt going to comment and it would have been better if he'd done the same but unfortunately even after leaving he continues to come out with a load more bullshit.

How about this:-

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/footb ... 257093.amp

Sound familiar........

Wow, the similarities are endless
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:42 am I sincerely believe that Dowse's interviews played a far bigger part in his demise than even the poor football. I frequently left games disappointed, but invariably that mood changed to downright anger after listening to the post match interviews. I see Dowse's parting shot in his exit interview was to suggest that the only manager the supporters will accept is somebody promoted from within the club. He has once again completely misread the situation and has come up with a conclusion that is the polar opposite of what supporters actually want. Tony Burman will always be a legend at this club (to anyone who has the faintest clue what they are talking about) but he is a one-off and every fan I know agrees that it would be madness to limit ourselves to recruiting only from within the club. That suggestion seems more like another one of Dowse's little pops at our club, implying we're more of as "leisure centre" and just a little too small to achieve anything at this level, even though we had no trouble doing so prior to his tenure.

What the fans actually want, is a manager with a proven track record, who has the savvy and the contacts to bring in some quality players from sources other than hospital waiting rooms, plays them in positions to which they are accustomed, doesn't have to rely on a conveyor belt of short term loanees, doesn't continually whinge about the budget, plastic pitches, not having sufficient access to the training pitch, referees, bad luck, etc, etc. Additionally, it would be advantageous if he could refrain from continually announcing pending new arrivals that never materialise and is capable of stringing a coherent sentence together without constantly portraying our club in a negative way, seemingly having given up on success before the season has even kicked off, thereby discouraging fans and possibly even potential players from coming here. These are not unrealistic expectations.

There are already several potential candidates and I have no doubt that amongst them are more than a few who will treat the job with respect.

Yeh but blockys back
Old Woking United

Post by Old Woking United »

Just seen ex Aldershot manager(interim I thi k)Ross Mcneilly has just left Dorking Wanderers as assistant to Marc White to"further his future in management". Either he's got a job lined up or Marc got rid. Thought he could be a possibility for Dartford. Maybe. You heard it here first. No I'm just speculating tbh.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Marc White has about 10 x assistants?? Which number was he?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Old Woking United wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:09 am Just seen ex Aldershot manager(interim I thi k)Ross Mcneilly has just left Dorking Wanderers as assistant to Marc White to"further his future in management". Either he's got a job lined up or Marc got rid. Thought he could be a possibility for Dartford. Maybe. You heard it here first. No I'm just speculating tbh.

From what I have seen he resigned rather than being sacked, so I'd think he would have got something lined up. Marc spoke highly of him in the departure post.

It would be a risk, especially considering Mark Beard didn't work out at Eastbourne, however I am not totally against it if it was the case.

Time will tell.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Dartford co-chairman Steve Irving says club are moving closer to announcing replacement for sacked boss Alan Dowson

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ch-301816/

The Darts have lost all four matches under caretaker boss Tony Burman after sacking Alan Dowson and now sit just six points above the relegation zone.

“I think probably tonight’s results means it will be sooner rather than later,” stated Mr Irving after Tuesday’s 1-0 home reverse to Chippenham.

“We were hoping that Tony could turn things around from where we were.

“Certainly, from a performance point of view, I think he’s done an incredible job in getting the same players to have more confidence in themselves and play a better style. Craig Belgrave coming in takes a lot of credit for that as well.

“But, unfortunately, the results still haven’t gone our way despite better performances, particularly at Bath on Saturday.

“The second half was our best performance of the season. Against Chippenham we started off well and should have been two or three goals up but we haven’t taken our chances.

“We probably are closer to making a decision than we might have been.”

Mr Irving also disclosed that Dartford will appoint a manager familiar with National League South football.

“It will be somebody with experience at this level for sure,” he added.

“What we’ve looked for is somebody that has a degree of success, whether it be from the league below through this division and perhaps into the National League.

“[We want somebody] that knows this club and the style we want to play, the type of club that we are and can embrace everything.

“More important than anything is to get a successful side and for the rest of this season that means getting somebody in that is going to at least keep us in this division.

“I still feel very confident that we will stay up but you look at the results and it doesn’t augur well. We wanted to take our time, we’ve had quality applicants come in.

“There was in the region of 40-plus and it’s taken a bit of time to talk to these people and whittle it down to a shortlist which we have done.”
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I hope we don’t get a manager who has had a relegation, I think that has to be the No. 1 point on the checklist. We need someone young, hungry, successful and a decent human being like TB. Certainly don’t want a Pennoch, Hessenthaler or Rose old style manager.

Personally, I think we should look outside the box and approach Danny Scopes. The guy’s record is amazing and he will play a brand of football that’s easy on the eye.
rambo

Post by rambo »

We want somebody] that knows this club and the style we want to play, the type of club that we are and can embrace everything.

I think Tony had done a great job in getting the players to work harder and look like they want to win games but unfortunately we have not earned any points from the four league games. The players could not have tried harder.

I also have nothing but admiration for the work Steve does for the club and I hope he continues to do so for many years.
However, I feel his interview supporting Dowson earlier in the season was a waste of time . He said it was just a matter of time when all injured players return and we will be fine. No , Dowse was a clown and his tactics were prehistoric. Dowse response to Steve was to moan about the budget forever more.

The clip above is an extract from Steve’s message. My question is why was Dowson employed if we want someone who knows Dartford FC and the style we want to play.

I just hope like we all do that the Board make the right choice this time.
I know who I want as our next manager