New Manager.

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: New Manager.

Post by Park Life »

Danny Bloor................................ not for me.
I'd like to think we have better options already applying.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Didn’t help himself by coming out before the 2nd half on Boxing Day trying to gee up the Dartford fans by mistake!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Maybe we needed geeing up more than the Welling supporters M1? He may have felt sorry for us.😁
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Bloor, by the way, not for me neither.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

I would go McKimm doing great things locally at cray valley PM and right age and experience to take a bigger job on with the remit to bring through and make use of our youth set up!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I think we need a young manager who has already been successful. Danny Scopes would be my first choice, but there is very little out there about him. He is known for developing young players and despite the fact he has already lost his best players this term, he has got Aveley back in the play-off positions once again. This was taken from our website.

https://www.dartfordfc.com/meet-the-new-teams-aveley/

Four years ago Danny Scopes was appointed as a manager for the first time, but he never had a full campaign with Concord Rangers due to two Covid hit seasons. Still he managed to guide the Beachboys to Wembley losing the F.A Trophy final against Harrogate Town. Shortly after that final defeat, Scopes resigned in May 2021. Six months later Aveley took the opportunity to take on the man who helped the Cowley brothers take Concord Rangers up the non-league pyramid. Already Scopes has made an impression at Aveley by winning the Isthmian Division One North, then last season’s Isthmian Premier playoffs.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Bobby Wilkinson or Danny Scopes for me. Ryan Maxwell at sittingbourne also wouldn’t be a bad shout. He’s doing good things there after leaving Braintree
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

IMO its hard to appoint the best man mid season. We need a temporary manager to keep us in the league and then take time to get Mr right to start as soon a practical at the end of this season.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

The Board have a very hard job in my opinion. If someone like Scopes or Wilkinson have thrown their hats into the ring all well and good. But personally, as said, this job must be a Poison chalice.
I hope they get it right and not go for another 🤡 clown.
It is very difficult.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I don't see it as a poison chalice, in fact I see it as a fantastic opportunity for someone to mange a great football club.

I believe plenty of applicants already which backs that up and its possible there are a few decent ones who have thrown their names in the hat. Maybe at a club already, who knows. But if there is a decent one amongst them the sooner we appoint them the better imo.
butcheragano

Post by butcheragano »

Wont be Stringer-gone to Welling
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I agree with your sentiments entirely PL, and I hope there are some big names going for the post. It's just now with a possibility of slipping into a relegation scrap and huge games coming up, whoever takes/gets the job has got to get it right.
I can understand managers taking on the job at the beginning of the season with aspirations. But one that has a tough job on his hands from the off , getting wrong will not go down too well.
So, what option do we go for?
A toughie.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

How about Ebbsfleet ex manager would people welcome here
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Yes , Dennis Kutrieb sacked by the Fleet
Worth a look ??
He knows this league.
Might be worth a phone call.

I will get my tin hat on now!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Daryl McMahons name had been mentioned as a potential option but not him:-

This was probably already done deal a while ago as Steve Morrison left Hornchurch and was appointed Sutton manager on 6th Jan.

Last edited by Park Life on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

We haven't got the money to keep Dennis happy.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Kutrieb not for me.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

JCJ wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:20 pm How about Ebbsfleet ex manager would people welcome here
You’ll soon find out how good a manager he is when he doesn’t have a massive Arabian budget to support him !

Didn’t think much of his comments after we beat them twice 😀

So no don’t think so !
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I think Kutrieb would be a good choice myself, he has won this league and we are looking for an experienced manager at this level and in my opinion it will show a ambition by the club that they want to go up a league.

But I also understand that being ex fleet will go against him, I’m sure he will get another job at this level and StAlbans might also be looking at him so if the club is interested maybe they got to act fast
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

We know from his own words that Kutrieb doesn’t care about local rivalries so that wouldn’t be a barrier but it’s a no from me. All the resources that allowed him to win the NLS couldn’t help keep Ebbsfleet out of the NL relegation zone which says it all imo