Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes
Manny Adebowale (Sub)
4%

Total votes: 23

PeteSamson

Re: Dartford v Weymouth Sat 27 Jan 2024

Post by PeteSamson »

Just listening to the commentary yesterday, and it is clear Dowson has left our Club in a mess.

Thank you to Tony for taking the challenge on, and it is a difficult position too!! It's a pity that there has been a couple of postponed games too, as although it might have given Tony more time to look at things, lack of game time won't have helped the cause. And the team running out of steam is not something Tony will be happy about either, as that is not the hallmark of a Burman side!

At present, it seemed the team almost picked itself, but a lot of players out of position. Some have commented on a return to playing football, which is a positive. With all the comings and goings, not really sure which other players are available for the upcoming Sevenoaks game.

Ollie Box never let the side down when he played earlier in the season, although to bring youngsters into a struggling team for a full game is a big ask.

Sadly, some tough weeks ahead. We are all with you Tony.

COYD
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Let’s be honest it’s a mess and Dowson has left us right in the crap, TB has my backing 100%!

But someone please sort out the communication in the club it’s less than embarrassing!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We WILL NOT be relegated, absolutely no fear of that!

As for the squad, we’ve been talking of shortfalls, gaps and weaknesses all season and that is down to one departed individual. Let’s not criticise the players we have, they give of their best each game and will become motivated to do what’s necessary and keep us up. Of that I am certain.

Loanees - if necessary do it but I’d rather we use the young ‘uns (Box, Whitefield, Bolton, etc) as well as Adebowole. There’s enough experience around them to guide them through games. They have energy, enthusiasm and desire.

Come on lads, let’s get behind the team starting at Farnborough on Saturday. Be loud and proud. COYD.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Not critical of the players Tony, they're only doing what they are capable of.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Can’t believe it’s taking a sacking to see just how bad this team is. Everyone in terraces and on forum, have had no confidence in Dowse , probably the worst manager I’ve watched football under in 40 years.. We got some horror away trips , let’s hope under Tony our home form picks up
Last edited by Lennylenny on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I cannot remember a worse 2nd half non performance than the one I witnessed against Weymouth.
Boy! has TB got a mammoth job to sort this out, It was very embarrassing how Weymouth were allowed to do what they.like

But if anyone can keep us up then Tony is the man.

PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

What was noticeable from the highlights was no coverage of the foul on Wall by keeper Benfield, so can't pass any comment on that!!
Also, especially in the first half, was the switch to keeping the ball on the deck, one of the first things that TB is implementing. Now why didn't Dowson think of that!!

COYD
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I thought the keeper should have gone. A very lucky man
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Lars Resort wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:06 pm I thought the keeper should have gone. A very lucky man
I think that had Alex Wall been in control of the ball and he was denied a goal scoring opportunity it may have been a different outcome but I don't think that was the case.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

The Futures White wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:46 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:06 pm I thought the keeper should have gone. A very lucky man
I think that had Alex Wall been in control of the ball and he was denied a goal scoring opportunity it may have been a different outcome but I don't think that was the case.
The ref should not have stopped the game as, after Wall had been bundled to the ground, the ball broke to George on the edge of the box with Benfield floundering in no man’s land. If nothing comes of it (George may very well have scored) then go back and caution Benfield.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

TFW wrote
Alex struggles to control himself with all of the bookings and off the ball actions never mind controlling the ball :(