Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes
Joash Nembhard (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 16

Hitchin Dart79

Re: Truro City v Dartford Tue 16 Jan 2024

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

PeteSamson wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:01 pm Was just tuning into the nationalleaguetv website prior to kick off to discover the game wasn't now showing on the schedule. Tune back into our forum and game is off!!

Not a satisfactory whatsoever. Really feel for those who have travelled to the game, including the team, having travelled that far too, so really can't believe this, even though most other games are off too.

I can recall going to an away Darts game which I think was at Harrow, when that game was called off with fans in the bar, just before kick off. But on that occasion it was a 3 pm kick off and the playing area along one side under the stand had not unfrozen and hence postponed.

Unlucky Darts. More time for TB to now work with the squad before the Bath City game and work his magic.

COYD
Yeah I remember getting to harrow (year we won the isthmian prem) and seeing our GK drinking a beer by the coach and thinking he’s either super relaxed about this game or it’s fecking been called off!!!
KSTDART

Re: Truro City v Dartford Tue 16 Jan 2024 - POSTPONED

Post by KSTDART »

Seen a video of the pitch and it was frozen solid , they would have know this all day if they had bothered to go and check. The league need to do something about this, Truro should be fined and made to cover the costs . As far as a Thursday night goes we should refuse to go back .
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Mickey mouse club. What a waste of peoples time and money.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Back in my hotel room, some 30 miles from the ground ... Still fuming at Truro FC, but NOT the referee who is blameless in my opinion because, had the pitch been inspected this game would almost certainly have been called off this morning. I spoke to a Plymouth Parkway supporter in the bar and he confirms it was frozen solid this morning and in his opinion had no chance of being played. It was discourteous and unprofessional of Truro not to arrange an early inspection and the disinformation they were pumping out on Twitter was shameful and irresponsible. I caught up with the match officials in the car park and they were not very happy with Truro either as it put them in a rotten position and made it look as if they were to blame for the fiasco. Had the ref started the game and someone got injured, he would have been slaughtered, so let's be clear, this shambles was entirely Truro's fault. It's been bright and clear down here all day and was 3C when the game was called off. The pitch hadn't frozen during today, it was frozen already. Truro's negligence has collectively cost us tens of thousands of pounds. Shame on them.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It was minus 4.5 last night in Taunton and they had a pitch inspection this morning as they were due to play Slough. Some Taunton club officials did not bother going on the pitch and left it up to the referee as they 'could see the pitch was unplayable' even then. The forecast for the rest of the day was not conducive to any thaw . Slough were due to travel at 2.30 so they were saved their journey.

Truro (Plymouth Parkway) won't have been much different - in fact it could have been colder down there - so WHY no inspection
PJSADI

Post by PJSADI »

Again, like Spike, spoke with the officials who confirmed they’d been asking since Monday whether there needed to be a pitch inspection, but Truro kept saying no, pitch was playable. Speaking with Plymouth Parkway employees, they stated that the pitch was frozen Monday, and all the trees around the pitch stopped it from thawing, so the Referee had no choice!

Second visit to Plymouth in just over two months and still no sign of Dartford playing…#outofpocketandpissedoff!!
Last edited by PJSADI on Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

TB's kentonline interview:-

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ri-300197/

Dartford caretaker boss Tony Burman felt a lot of aggravation could have been saved after their game at Truro was called off just over an hour before kick-off on Tuesday night.

The Darts made the near six-hour journey to face Truro at their Plymouth Parkway FC home only for the National League South match to be postponed due to a frozen pitch.

It left players and supporters furious with the decision on social media and Burman was equally disappointed.

“It’s a long way to go,” said Burman. “When we got there, 75 per cent of the pitch was probably playable but the referee had his concerns and didn’t think it was going to get any better.

“It’s so disappointing because it doesn’t have to happen. It’s Truro’s responsibility to see whether the game is on or if there is any doubt, and with the weather forecast we just felt that a referee should have been called in earlier on in the day and saved a lot of aggravation.

“The referee was in an awful position as he wants to ensure the safety of the players and he’s had to make his call tonight.”

Dartford’s original game at Truro was postponed in November due to a waterlogged pitch, albeit the decision was made that day before the players left Kent.

But they were at the ground this time around, along with a handful of fans who had made the journey.

“We’re disappointed for the supporters and it’s happened twice now, some of them have gone down there twice,” said Burman. “It’s just something that the league have got to look into in these situations.

“If we can have the communication earlier on in the day it would be so much easier and better. In this instance I don’t think we’ve had that with our colleagues at Truro and it would help everyone if they knew what was going on.

“They’re behind on their games and it means we have to come back down here. Hopefully we can wait for some dry weather and make sure the game is on.

“All we wanted was a courtesy call from someone to say the game is definitely on, and it’s from Truro and not Plymouth Parkway.”

Burman is in charge for a fifth time at Dartford - his first stint was in the 1990s - following the club’s decision to sack Alan Dowson.

His first match at the helm this time around is now due to be at Bath this Saturday.

“It would have been nice to have the game, I was looking forward to it,” he said. “The guys have responded in the right way, the last two training sessions have been reasonably good.

“It’s always difficult when a manager loses his job. I’ve come into it but sometimes you wish you don’t because it’s when a manager has lost his job. It’s happened and we have to get on with things.

“We parted company with Dowse and these things take time. We weren’t looking for a replacement so now we have to wait for the applications to come in.

“The club asked me again to take over and that’s what I’ve done, it’s not something I would say no to. All I want is the best for the club and supporters and everyone around us.”
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Spike wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:19 pm Back in my hotel room, some 30 miles from the ground ... Still fuming at Truro FC, but NOT the referee who is blameless in my opinion because, had the pitch been inspected this game would almost certainly have been called off this morning. I spoke to a Plymouth Parkway supporter in the bar and he confirms it was frozen solid this morning and in his opinion had no chance of being played. It was discourteous and unprofessional of Truro not to arrange an early inspection and the disinformation they were pumping out on Twitter was shameful and irresponsible. I caught up with the match officials in the car park and they were not very happy with Truro either as it put them in a rotten position and made it look as if they were to blame for the fiasco. Had the ref started the game and someone got injured, he would have been slaughtered, so let's be clear, this shambles was entirely Truro's fault. It's been bright and clear down here all day and was 3C when the game was called off. The pitch hadn't frozen during today, it was frozen already. Truro's negligence has collectively cost us tens of thousands of pounds. Shame on them.
Incredible support.
Surely the least Truro should be doing is offering free admission to the fans who made the journey yesterday, let alone the fans who have done the journey twice now.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

The least they could do is to play the game at PP or forfeit the fixture.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I don’t think either of those suggestions will happen Pedro?? But minimum they should be made to cover all (and I mean all) expenses incurred by the team & fans that travelled down!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I get that Plymouth Parkway isn't an Ebbsfleet ( or even a Cray, Erith or Purfleet) but surely one official from Truro FC could have made the 55 mile drive to look at the state of the pitch before midday. Just to save a lot of people a long trek???
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:50 am I get that Plymouth Parkway isn't an Ebbsfleet ( or even a Cray, Erith or Purfleet) but surely one official from Truro FC could have made the 55 mile drive to look at the state of the pitch before midday. Just to save a lot of people a long trek???
Truro’s game at Welling tomorrow has been called off. Shame Welling couldn’t have delayed the inspection to 2pm tomorrow! Oh well, shows Welling do, at least, have some professionalism and it does mean that Truro have a nice midweek trip this way! Twunts!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Just to rub salt into the wound, Plymouth Parkway produced a 6-2 thrashing of Hungerford yesterday. It was still a 50/50 chance the ground hadn't thawed out soon enough, surely?
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Truro City tonight v Yeovil off for a waterlogged pitch
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Taunton Dart wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 pm Truro City tonight v Yeovil off for a waterlogged pitch
For some strange reason the match was called off early this afternoon following a pitch inspection which is unusual for Truro!.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Yes, but the opposition were coming all the way from Yeovil.
Spike

Post by Spike »

As detailed on another thread, this
and Truro's other remaining fixtures will now be played at Taunton.
rick
Site Admin

Re: Truro City v Dartford Tue 26 Mar 2024

Post by rick »

Updated the first post.

New date: Tuesday 26 March 2024 @ Taunton Town FC
Taunton Dart

Re: Truro City v Dartford Tue 26 Mar 2024

Post by Taunton Dart »

rick wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:46 pm Updated the first post.

New date: Tuesday 26 March 2024 @ Taunton Town FC
Isn't that the midweek before Easter weekend? If so, a busy time for the players.

Good news for me, though, I live a couple of miles away from Taunton's ground!!