No votes
Jordan Wynter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 30

rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Welling Utd Sat 30 Dec 2023

Post by rick »

Although I mentioned that the game was on the National League TV today in the way of a graphic on the first post (like the Weston, Maidstone & Truro games), they annoyingly don't post the actual link until 30 mins before the game, so here it is:

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/video/live/31674
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

rick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:16 pm
The Futures White wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:10 pm No Jordan Wynter?
It says he's a sub.
I should have gone to SpecSavers!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1 nil Coulson, good strike.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Smith for Allen.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 1-0
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

What happened with Luke?
Clare

Post by Clare »

50/50 winning number 07788 £257
Golden goal 20 minutes
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Bradbury for Alexander
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Attendance 2022
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wynter for Chin
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1-1
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-1
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The commentary team did remark where on earth the referee got 7 minutes of added time from. But it doesn't detract from the fact that yet again we've shown we can't see out a game at Princes Park.
Sadly it's the only thing we've been consistent at and it's been going on since last season.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We didn't deserve to win the game.

Aside from our goal and a few half chances, our only other big chance was when Coulson went through one on one and for some bizarre reason tried chipping the keeper. No idea why he's tried a fancy finish.

Welling looked dangerous on the counter all game, once again exploiting our lack of defensive width by switching the ball which is becoming a major problem. They lacked quality with the final ball and will probably be disappointed only taking a point which says a lot, as does the MOTM award to Ryan.

As for the referee, he was absolutely woeful. I'm sure most of the players ended up in his book and where he got 7 minutes from at the end I will never know. He didn't have a clue.

Something has to change. We've got a brilliant striker in George Alexander who is clearly talented at this level yet he's spending most of the game chasing balls in the air that he is never going to win against massive defenders and barely getting a chance on goal.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

With 2000 people in the ground, today was a chance for football at our level to show what it has to offer. I fear very few of the floating spectators that came along today will return. Two very poor sides and an even worse match official. The only positive that I can see is that this has closed out a poor year for Dartford FC rather than starting the New Year with a miserable whimper.

Going to ground was the tactic of choice of our opponents and holding arms or shirts of our players when the ball was hoofed down the pitch in their general direction. The two pieces of football that we produced all afternoon resulted in our only shots on target, one of which hit the net.

The card count became a ridiculous challenge today and the consistency was highly questionable. Yellow card for kicking the ball into the crowd after it has already left the field of play - yellow card. Fair enough. Kicking the ball out of the ground when the ref considered that it might not have sufficient air in it - no card? Great play 9! I hope we send you the bill if the ball was not recovered.

This one will not live in the memory beyond the first pint this evening. Thank goodness it is four weeks until we have to go through the pain barrier again.

Happy New Year to one and all.
MickW

Post by MickW »

A lot of huff and puff and very little quality especially up front. Luke's goal was the hi light and I thought we would go on from there to an easy 2 or 3 nil win - fat chance.
Welling were nothing special though they did have willing runners and there was no way they deserved a draw but we just gave it away when the hard work was done.
The least said about the ref the better. The only thing he got right was booking that useless article Bradbury who seems determined to rack up enough yellows to get himself another suspension. I shan't be sorry to see the back of him.
Not sure how Ryan got man of the match as he only had a couple of serious saves to make - then again who do you give it to?
Another disappointing afternoon at PP - at least we won't have too many more of them in January.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Mid table mediocrity. !!!
This club is going nowhere at moment .
Great stadium,great support and great facilities........unfortunately a very ordinary team and manager imho.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Thought the changes were totally wrong, Rooney who was the target man for flick ons for George was blowing out his arse before half tome and the hardly won anything . We could not believe it when George was taken off .

Anyway here is Lukes goal

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

When you can't put a game to bed against lower opposition, at 1-0 you're always in danger of a late equaliser.
Thankfully I didn't attend. Instead I went to the Faversham game where Conner Essam showed why he left Dartford, he certainly couldn't handle the Deal Town attack. Almost a thousand there, still enough room for a man and his dog who's big sad eyes kept looking up at me. 'What are we doing here?' he seemed to be saying.
'I could have been at Dartford ' I almost answered. At that he turned his back on me.
I think I have to agree.
Happy New Year everyone.
Hopefully we'll extend our unbeaten run.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Two very mediocre teams with not much between them over the two games so to come out of it with four points was fortunate, especially as at best we are just an average side run by a manager whose has run out of ideas and will continue to get more players in in the hope it all works out ok.
I've seen and had enough and seriously considering not bothering to go to any away games because i'm starting to feel like lots of other fans and getting close to just not caring anymore.
Perhaps it's me but how the hell can you play Alexander up front as a lone striker when its bloody obvious he's a finisher/ fox in the box. FFS we were at home to a team in the relegation zone and went with one up front and for the majority of the game defended which it's bloody obvious we can't do for 90 minutes. I'm sick to death of negative boring tactics and would like to see what these players are capable of in different circumstances.
At times Welling moved the ball around well so we're fortunate that they did not have much of a goal threat otherwise we could have easily lost and we will when we play better opposition. They thoroughly deserved a draw and if they had equalised earlier i wouldn't have been surprised if they had gone on to win it.
The winners of "The Mug" today are the home fans who had to watch another negative display of mediocrity.
Over 2000 in the ground but for a local derby the atmosphere was crap and it has been like that for ages, it's obvious why.

I also had the misfortune of listening to our managers Radio Kent interview on the way home and if i wasn't already pissed off well this put the final nail in the coffin.
Apparently we miss Bonner & Essam who have NOW become "leaders of men" when for the whole of last season "they weren't" and he used to moan about them virtually every other week. F*** me Sherlock if you couldn't tell last season we had arguably the best centre back partnership in the division then you must be blind.
Oh and no surprise for the 1000th time the B****T got mentioned again and apparently we cant train on our own facilities when we want as theyr'e used by other people and we're more like a "leisure club".
How the hell can this management team continue to get away with these derogatory comments about our club and come on time and time again and moan about the budget, artificial pitches, the budget, not being full time, the budget, the idiot fans, the budget, not being able to use our own facilities when he wants, the budget and every other f*****g excuse under the sun. The reason we have not got any better playing wise or even stayed the same level in the last 18 months is down to poor player recruitment and tactics.
Wouldn't be surprised if this interview also mysteriously gets corrupted as it's the latest in a long line of car crash interviews we've had to endure.

Seriously sick to the back teeth of what we are having to watch and the crap we have to listen to after.