Harvey Bradbury (Sub)
No votes
Jordan Wynter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 25

Tony H

Re: Welling Utd v Dartford Tue 26 Dec 2023 @ 1pm

Post by Tony H »

Tony H wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:34 am The Board has made its decision. They gave Dowse a 2-year contract and are backing their man. I won’t criticise the Board as they’ve done so much good for the Club and I genuinely expect they want more from Dowse and the team on the pitch.
That was, of course, in response to JCJ’s earlier post.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike

Post by Spike »

Park Life wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:54 pm Wonder who will be getting the deciding mug made after the 30th Dec?
Will it be DFC or THE MUGS FC ;)
I like "Mugs FC" and I think we should run with that from now on. It's fitting because, in a way, they chose it themselves.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:48 pm

This guys commentary is outstanding. Does he work in the media? He’s a real pro.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Darts were much better 2nd Half after Welling slightly edged the First. Hope they stay up as means the normal 3 points for us and must say very Meaty Burgers.
KentC

Post by KentC »

danson7park wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:21 pm Darts were much better 2nd Half after Welling slightly edged the First. Hope they stay up as means the normal 3 points for us and must say very Meaty Burgers.
I’d prefer them to stay up too but we’ll probably be playing knobsfl££t over the festive period next year
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:19 pm
Park Life wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:54 pm Wonder who will be getting the deciding mug made after the 30th Dec?
Will it be DFC or THE MUGS FC ;)
I like "Mugs FC" and I think we should run with that from now on. It's fitting because, in a way, they chose it themselves.
Yep that's what i think.
Bus Stop FC was good, Tarpaulin FC also good but only temporary, but THE MUGS FC fits perfectly and as you say they picked it themselves :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, i like the local derby's against The Mugs FC. The fans mix well, good attendances and always a good atmosphere so i genuinely hope they stay up so we play them again next season. But they have a tough job on their hands.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Must say the way Welling were knocking it about First Half, I thought there not that bad a side, wondering why they are so low in the League, plus that Pitch would be a Goal start in most Games. Also they knocked us out of the FA Cup and the odd Goal Defeat flattered us, but thankfully we turned it around second Half and looked much better.
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

To be fair Mugs fc were not a patch on the team that beat us in the cup. Delighted that they did not start with the fella who scored a hat trick in that game. When he came on his shooting really looked good, including hitting the post. Agree with Park Life ( now there’s something) that I don’t want to see them go down as it is great local derby.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Papadopoulos played well at PP and I was surprised he was on the bench. Maybe he had been recovering from an injury. Which may have been lucky for us.
Also I think that Danny Bloor is an excellent manager who was unfairly dismissed at Eastbourne.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'm just grateful for the win
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Forgot to mention before well done Darts on getting the 0-1 win and Chinny for getting the winning goal.

Let’s hope we can get the same on Saturday but with an even bigger win, I’m not greedy though I’ll take a 1-0 win as long as we get the 3pts that’s all that matters.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lars Resort wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:20 am Papadopoulos played well at PP and I was surprised he was on the bench. Maybe he had been recovering from an injury. Which may have been lucky for us.
Also I think that Danny Bloor is an excellent manager who was unfairly dismissed at Eastbourne.
I agree with your views about Bloor. Look at the state of Eastbourne since he was sacked - full time, wasting loads of cash and a manager that’s no better than a good coach (there is a huge difference between the two). What I’m not overly impressed with is Bloor cavorting around the pitch in his posh suit clapping like a circus seal. Concentrate on the game in hand pal.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'm assuming that Bloor was clapping the Welling turn out? And they lost.
Disco Stu

Post by Disco Stu »

Managed to get to this one and after the first half wondered why I picked this game. Welling edged it in the first forty five, but I cannot recall Sandford being tested really. Alexander was isolated and we played a lot of long balls. There was no pressing, just lots of running around and keeping the ball away from our goal. Thought Chin looked the liveliest in the first half when we did get forward and Diarra made a few decent blocks at the back.

Second half it felt as though the team played ten yards further forward and it helped a lot. Chin deservedly got his goal and was clear player of the match in the end. The midfield pressed more because they were further up the field and from there we put some good passing combinations together (Allen, Coulson and Chin seemed to be involved a lot more). We played much better in the second half and overall we deserved maximum points.

Not the prettiest win, but it will definitely do!