Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

Paulcanary

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by Paulcanary »

BRASSNECK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:53 pm
Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:26 pm
tommytollbooth wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:02 am Tom Bonner sent off playing for Cray Wanderers at Hastag Utd. Andy Pugh scores two for Phoenix Sports but 38 year old Ryan Hayes scores another beauty in their 3-1 win over Ashford Town.
Saturday just gone I was deciding whether to see Phoenix play at home (seeing Ryno and Pughy play) and the Darts at Tonbridge

I went Tonbridge and wish I hadn’t 😞 one of the top 3 worse darts performance for years and I’ve seen sone bad ones lol Wish I had seen the ex darts in action.

Come on Dartford fc. You’re losing us long term supporters and I say that with a heavy heart 😞
When things are not going to well then that’s when supporters should get behind the team not run off and support other teams.
I guess you are a Norwich supporter and they have been rubbish for years but you still support them you wouldn’t go off and support Ipswich.
I’m just stating that I pick my away games and a local derby is one I like to see like going Maidstone in January. I live in the Midlands so coming down 170 miles is loyalty enough I think.

As for Norwich BN - yeah a Canary supporter since 1976 like Dartford my local side . You can call us shit if you want. I don’t care 😐 I’ve travelled far and wide seeing the Darts over the years as I have with Norwich. We’ve been inPremier league a lot more than some other big teams have and had our moments but budgets tell you alot. We have a salary cap, have never spent more than £9million on a player and accept it. Ipswich were shite for years and I mean years so you spouting that stuff is just your view.

Look at the teams who do come up. Few survive long and I imagine sheff Utd Burnley and Luton may go down so this season

Ipswich have a good side atm but we ain’t lost to them for 15 years so ……
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:40 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:53 pm
Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:26 pm

Saturday just gone I was deciding whether to see Phoenix play at home (seeing Ryno and Pughy play) and the Darts at Tonbridge

I went Tonbridge and wish I hadn’t 😞 one of the top 3 worse darts performance for years and I’ve seen sone bad ones lol Wish I had seen the ex darts in action.

Come on Dartford fc. You’re losing us long term supporters and I say that with a heavy heart 😞
When things are not going to well then that’s when supporters should get behind the team not run off and support other teams.
I guess you are a Norwich supporter and they have been rubbish for years but you still support them you wouldn’t go off and support Ipswich.
I’m just stating that I pick my away games and a local derby is one I like to see like going Maidstone in January. I live in the Midlands so coming down 170 miles is loyalty enough I think.

As for Norwich BN - yeah a Canary supporter since 1976 like Dartford my local side . You can call us shit if you want. I don’t care 😐 I’ve travelled far and wide seeing the Darts over the years as I have with Norwich. We’ve been inPremier league a lot more than some other big teams have and had our moments but budgets tell you alot. We have a salary cap, have never spent more than £9million on a player and accept it. Ipswich were shite for years and I mean years so you spouting that stuff is just your view.

Look at the teams who do come up. Few survive long and I imagine sheff Utd Burnley and Luton may go down so this season

Supported Aston Villa since 1971 and Dartford since 1981 through thick and thin.
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

BRASSNECK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:49 pm
Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:40 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:53 pm When things are not going to well then that’s when supporters should get behind the team not run off and support other teams.

Supported Aston Villa since 1971 and Dartford since 1981 through thick and thin.
Fair enough.

My point is that in the last year the crowds at PP have dwindled, the youth has gone elsewhere, atmosphere has died to the point that friends who come to an occasional home game cannot believe it is the same club from a short time ago ….. sad for those few of us who still regularly go since we played Horsham YMCA in November 2006 !

The football this year has been shocking so yea we are all
Loyal but for many it is at a precipice where some may never return …….others are watching footie elsewhere as they are so despondent

Anyway, you’ll recall us doing you at Villa Park 2-1 a few short years ago to win the league eh 😉 you have a great team now agreed but not always the case … like us (Norwich)
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:08 am I see Reece Charles-Cooke was given a straight red card for Welling tonight on 39mins away to Aveley.
Ended up in a 2-2 draw.
Is that 2 Players ?
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

danson7park wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:07 pm
The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:08 am I see Reece Charles-Cooke was given a straight red card for Welling tonight on 39mins away to Aveley.
Ended up in a 2-2 draw.
Is that 2 Players ?
Lol

Goalie who played for the Darts
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:09 pm
danson7park wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:07 pm
Ended up in a 2-2 draw.
Is that 2 Players ?
Lol

Goalie who played for the Darts
Another one of kings mercenaries .
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

He left us and joined Bromley for a couple of seasons before they let him go. He then joined King at H & W before being released due to their finances.
He’s now at Welling.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

And one I wouldn't have minded seeing at PP from the start of the season.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Altintop rejoins Braintree.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Braintree's gain, our loss.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Judging by the comments on social media Braintree's fan's are ecstatic about the return of Baris Altintop.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

At the home game against Braintree, their fans were singing Baris wants to come home. I guess they knew something!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

But Braintree released him in the summer??
And yesterday he had signed for Dover?
All very strange?
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Jacob Berkeley Agyepong signs for Maidstone
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

M1 South wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:25 pm But Braintree released him in the summer??
And yesterday he had signed for Dover?
All very strange?
Where did this Dover stuff come from? I couldn't see anything official that confirmed this
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Yeovil, Maidstone and Worthing all building their squad up. I'm sure we'll be doing something soon. 🤫😉⚽. Yeovil just looking to cement automatic promotion.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just watched the Braintree Manager post match comments today and to say he is delighted that Baris is back is an understatement and immediately made him Captain and started todays game , just shows that Dowse's talent in recruiting poor players is on par with his ability to release quality ones , whilst the sleeping 4 still pick up their pay packets !!!!!!!!!!!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Don't know if I missed it but Mitch Beeney is in goal at Horsham.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Ryan Hayes was red carded after just 18 minutes of Phoenix Sports' match against Beckenham Town this afternoon. However, the match was abandoned early in the second half due to a serious head injury sustained by a Beckenham player.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The Futures White wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:16 pm Ryan Hayes was red carded after just 18 minutes of Phoenix Sports' match against Beckenham Town this afternoon. However, the match was abandoned early in the second half due to a serious head injury sustained by a Beckenham player.
The pressures of management is getting to him already.