Archie Woods
No votes
Tyrell Miller-Rodney (Sub)
No votes
Baris Altintop (Sub)
No votes
Paul Rooney (Sub)
No votes
Park Life (for the match updates & the suffering of having to watch DFC week in, week out)
93%

Total votes: 42

Lennylenny

Re: Tonbridge Angels v Dartford Sat 16 Dec 2023

Post by Lennylenny »

Kent C agree the club does nothing to encourage fans in , every chip shop , newsagent , etc should have a dartford poster in , Swanley is a big catchment area, give me twenty posters I will get them into shops. Schools? Who is going in and getting interest? As for the board , Irving always approachable , think Jeremy kite is on board , probably for the buffet.We can point fingers all day but Dowse was brought into unite a club, from what I see he has done the opposite and ripped it apart making supporting dartford a chore not a pleasure, still I will be there Saturday wanting a dartford win
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Too late, I've voted and it didn't effect the players involved.
I used to vote when reading Spike's post on the game. But 'utter shite today ' even though informative , wasn't that helpful.😁
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I dont it agree that its a revolving door problems its simply that Dowse brought in a number on new recruits plus the injured ones from last season and most are still with us and other than bringing in 2 quality loaneess] has done f...k all to remedy the problem

At least 6 of our squad are average players and NOT good enough for a Club LIKE DARTFORD !!!!

Thats why Dowse should go !!!!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Fair play Parky, Tony Burman does look about 25 in that picture though, so I’m sure it could be updated by a couple of decades?!!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I think Douse lost the dressing room last season and it has got worse this season (Tom Bonner saga was a clear sign of that, embarrassing), the club are now in danger of alienating further loyal fans if they don't take action now IMO. Ultimately Douse is their choice, so will they have the b@#£#@ks now to make that call?! We are so inconsistent, and when we have won, it generally seems (from reports on here) that we felt lucky to win as the opposition didn't take their chances. Douse convinced us all that with time to select his squad, we would do better than previous seasons, not sure if I'm right but fairly sure he confidently claimed we would finish in the play offs, would he be so brazen to say that today?

Glad to hear one positive, the fans who attended were in good voice, that's about it though.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:57 am
Tony H wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:32 am Just putting this thought out there - I wonder if Tony Burman with Ben Greenhalgh might be an option through to the end of the season with a view to developing Ben as a potential first team manager? They both seem to be doing very well with the academy, both have experience at this level of the game too.
Burman isn't a progressive manager, sacking Dowse and getting him in would achieve nothing. Academy football is completely different to professional football. Ben needs a "professional" job first before we even think about giving him a chance imo.

If Dowse does go Harrop from Braintree is a name I like and wouldn't be opposed to seeing in our dugout.
Academy football is completely different to professional football - no s**t Sherlock, don’t you think I know that (I’ve coached at a semi-pro academy myself and operated at Board level at that same club)! I was merely floating an idea and something that came to mind whilst walking the dog this morning. If Ben Geenhalgh has aspirations of managing at our level why can’t that start with us and why would that start have to be at another “professional” club????

Of course that would require the DFC Board to be be bold and make a managerial change. I do know that there are a good few young ambitious managers out there that would probably jump at the chance of managing Dartford.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Haven't seen or read any post match interviews yet. Including Kent Online.
Has there been a media blackout?

Post by 180 »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:27 pm Haven't seen or read any post match interviews yet. Including Kent Online.
Has there been a media blackout?
All I can see is this match report: https://www.dartfordfc.com/tonbridge-an ... artford-0/
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

As I live abroad, I'm not going to comment on the performances, as I'm getting all this stuff from the rest of you. Neither am I going to demand a sacking, I doubt this season is really salvagable,
I will add a couple of things though. Those criticising the board should really go back to thepoint when we appointed Dowse. Everyone thought we had got a real winner on board, so it's a bit daft to complain that the board didn't see this season coming, as nbody else did either. A sacking involves a big payoff generally - and I don't see our finances so great that we can casually throw that sort of money away.
However, things are going badly, and there is no manner of post match comments that disguise it. The current model of perpetually changing players as the season goes on makes no sense to me, as the squad is always unsettled by this. I assumed it was a general thing in non league, but it isn't a clever way to go, and we really need to look at ways to settle the squad with decent players if that is financially possible,

As it stands, we are in serious difficulties - dumped out of the two most interesting cup competitions at the firt time of asking, and playing apparently poor football every other week, Someone needs to sit donw with Dowse and tell him a club of our size should be doing better. I don't see the board as employing their 'mates' - both King and Dowse were potentially good appointments. But the wheels have come off and they need to find a solution.

Good luck with that!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:31 pm Kent C agree the club does nothing to encourage fans in , every chip shop , newsagent , etc should have a dartford poster in , Swanley is a big catchment area, give me twenty posters I will get them into shops. Schools? Who is going in and getting interest? As for the board , Irving always approachable , think Jeremy kite is on board , probably for the buffet.We can point fingers all day but Dowse was brought into unite a club, from what I see he has done the opposite and ripped it apart making supporting dartford a chore not a pleasure, still I will be there Saturday wanting a dartford win
Maybe you should look on the facebook page.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I just did , a club is for life not just for xmas ! Us melts that pay to get in it seems can’t have a opinion.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:35 pm I just did , a club is for life not just for xmas ! Us melts that pay to get in it seems can’t have a opinion.
Always a negative one .
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

What like offering to deliver posters around swanley free of charge? I think others posted about how the club should be doing more to promote a lovely stadium , facilities and family environment. A opinion , if wrong will always apologise , if right I’ve made a valid point
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:46 pm What like offering to deliver posters around swanley free of charge? I think others posted about how the club should be doing more to promote a lovely stadium , facilities and family environment. A opinion , if wrong will always apologise , if right I’ve made a valid point
Lenny, another ‘voice’ on here I respect. I suggest the recovery begins by ignoring BN bullshit. Works for me! 😜
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:46 pm
Lennylenny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:46 pm What like offering to deliver posters around swanley free of charge? I think others posted about how the club should be doing more to promote a lovely stadium , facilities and family environment. A opinion , if wrong will always apologise , if right I’ve made a valid point
Lenny, another ‘voice’ on here I respect. I suggest the recovery begins by ignoring BN bullshit. Works for me! 😜
🥱🥱🥱
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

This is a forum ffs. Opinions are allowed and we don’t all agree with each other but bottom line is that we should all want the best for DFC and it’s bad atm imho

We defo need to get the youth back soon.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:04 pm
This is a forum ffs. Opinions are allowed and we don’t all agree with each other but bottom line is that we should all want the best for DFC and it’s bad atm imho

What’s more pressing is that we get it right on the pitch, surely?
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tony H wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:31 pm
Paulcanary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:04 pm

What’s more pressing is that we get it right on the pitch, surely?
You’re right Tone. Can’t see it happening anytime soon though. Give me a nudge when it does.

Apologies to others. I made the fatal mistake of posting whilst pissed. Pissed and pissed off! Soz! 😉
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

No worries guys, you hibernate until we’re in the champions league. I’m done with people who think we are dicks because we aren’t Man City.
End.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

DA Mikey wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:28 am No worries guys, you hibernate until we’re in the champions league. I’m done with people who think we are dicks because we aren’t Man City.
End.
I don’t think it’s a case of Man City DA because at present we aren’t even Chatham and lower.

Our standard of football is absolutely dreadful, certainly not entertaining at all and our crowds are gradually dwindling.

Unless things seriously change or the board make the right decision we aren’t going anywhere and will either stagnate in mid table or worse slide down the table.

A lot of money seems to have been wasted this season on some players and silly loan signings. The team needs a major shake up before it’s too late.

We are just about breaking the 1000 barrier in attendances at home when you’ve got the likes of Chatham Town who are getting 1500 and those fans are spending money which is going into their club, unfortunately money spent over the bar and on food at PP isn’t going into our club.

There are problems all over that needs looking at within DFC.