News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

KingKong

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by KingKong »

20 goal Levi Amantchi signed by Bromley for undisclosed fee from Maidstone!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Not quite NLS. NLN side Kings Lynn struggling financially to see out the season.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Taunton struggling financially as well. Have had a number of games postponed and have only played three games at Home (including a Somerset Cup match) in two months. Have had lucrative games postponed - Torquay twice - and now today have had their match at home to Yeovil called off! One of their best players is now on loan for the rest of the season to Yeovil and another, with league experience, has left the club by mutual consent. Things certainly not looking rosy in the county town of Somerset.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

It would help their plight if they sold Draught beer, not relying on warm cans (blaming Covid) & insisting on pouring them!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

They have improved greatly in that side of things. Now have a partnership with Sheppys Cider and have draught lager as well - not sure about her as yet
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Happy New Year everyone.
I'm looking at the half time's today and we are looking even more like a forgotten side this season. Teams seem to be putting more space above us.
Admittedly it's only half time but crap performances like the home Welling game is looking more costly.
And the away fixture at WSM is going to be a stern one. Okay they could lose 3-2 yet at Weymouth but at least they're scoring goals.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I wonder where Steve King will pop up next?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Pedro wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:40 pm I wonder where Steve King will pop up next?
I think they would be hoping to stay up.🤣
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

My recent visit to Faversham turned into Sammy Moore's last one as Town manager. I thought he'd do well to get rid of the likes of an overweight Stephan Payne and sad to say Connor Essam but I get the feeling that maybe one of them could take over Moore's vacated seat.
I know that this isn't NLS news but I thought that as Steve King is manager at Deal Town who Fav were playing Saturday, I thought I'd just throw it in. :D
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

ozymandias wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:49 pm My recent visit to Faversham turned into Sammy Moore's last one as Town manager. I thought he'd do well to get rid of the likes of an overweight Stephan Payne and sad to say Connor Essam but I get the feeling that maybe one of them could take over Moore's vacated seat.
I know that this isn't NLS news but I thought that as Steve King is manager at Deal Town who Fav were playing Saturday, I thought I'd just throw it in. :D
That's a different Steve King to the one we are familiar with
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Really. :o ;)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Actually Mark the Steve King at Deal Town has a great little squad there and the side that played Saturday had good young players.
He had a gangly lanky player at the back who won everything in the air, passed out from the back without lumping it and oozed confidence.
I did consider letting Dowse know about him but he's only a youngster and I didn't want to see his talent stifled only for him to be loaned out. Before ending up as a quality player at Bromley/Gillingham and beyond.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Jack Paxman leaves Eastbourne, looking for part time football closer to home.

Would love to see him here.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

So, did Paxman only go to Eastbourne for the money? Where is he from, what area?
Sounds that if he went to Eastbourne to take part in the revolution that has since gone flat, I doubt very much that we can afford him or that he would come to a club that is struggling to put two wins together.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

He's from Southend, but has signed for Ramsgate.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:45 pm Jack Paxman leaves Eastbourne, looking for part time football closer to home.

Would love to see him here.
I enjoyed it when he kept asking “Did you threaten to overrule him?” over and over again to Michael Howard on Newsnight :D
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

He’s a Maidscum & Webbedfeet reject anyway!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Mark Sweet wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:38 am He's from Southend, but has signed for Ramsgate.
Ramsgate now have two players named Jack Paxman as well as Alfie Paxman who is the twin brother of the first signed Jack Paxman, not the newly signed Jack Paxman. Confusing or what!! :?
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Futures White wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:45 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:38 am He's from Southend, but has signed for Ramsgate.
Ramsgate now have two players named Jack Paxman as well as Alfie Paxman who is the twin brother of the first signed Jack Paxman, not the newly signed Jack Paxman. Confusing or what!! :?
Has he threatened to overrule him?