Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 43

KentC

Re: Dartford v Torquay Utd Sat 25 Nov 2023

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:50 pm
Nin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:00 pm
When the interviewers first question is "Gaffer can I take your reaction to this afternoon's defeat at Dartford, it's probably hard to take that the better team didn't win", you already know there's not much point in listening to the rest of the interview.
They lost 3-0 and were above them in the league.
Must all be down to bad luck then.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

At long last, movement up front and strikers who give the opponents defence lots of problems.
An all round good performance from the Darts.
and some cracking goals.
Target men can work against some teams but no defence likes playing against pace
I have been critical over some our managers decisions and tactics but credit where credit is due imho that was our best performance for quite a while......
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Torquays Highlights

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wow, just wow, what a performance! I was encouraged by the two signings in the week and what an impact Chinny and George made. The team Al-round played immensely well, attacking with purpose and defending stoically throughout. Credit is due to Dowse and his management team for making these changes. More of the same please.

MotM for me is actually more difficult then is obvious. The two-wide players (Luke and Chinny) created so much for our two lovely strikers who terrorised the opposition all game. Our midfield was solid (though I did think that, at times, the game passed Tyrell by). How underrated is Jordan as a player in this league - again covered every blade of grass on that lush pitch. Back four and keeper solid (though I still feel we need a proper left back!) Go on then, my vote goes to Chinny.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I won't watch the last 4.45 minutes of that. Best 45 minutes of the season, game over at half time and a second half of containment. Job done.
At last management woke up to the need at the club. All eleven put in a shift. None of this hoof ball out of defence. The defence played well, why? Because when we broke out of defence we did it in numbers. Not one guy trying to hold the ball up, waiting for others.
We looked a totally different side from the crap we have been playing up until Tuesday and previous 18 games.
Long may it continue.
COYD's
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

TonyH, Credit due to Dowse? I think he needed a gentle shove to change things and he got that from a few on here and others walking out the gate with 20 minutes to go.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

An excellent first 45 minutes with three well taken goals and despite Torquay having their chances when we were caught out at times they never scored and half time came with all our our players having given 100% commitment for the first time this season and the best team performance I have seen for quite some time.
Second half just couldn't be as good as the first and containment was the name of the game and a clean sheet was achieved and a very good win.
Two very good signings by Dowse and let's hope we can extend Chins further into the season after the Xmas period.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Let’s hope Dowse can continue with his scouting and get the players in like Chinn and Alexander. It’s good that we produce a interview after matches win or lose unlike other clubs, and maybe Dowse could come upstairs to chat with fans , as everyone says what a nice guy he is. The top is really tight apart fromYeovil, play offs are def a possibility . The town was buzzing last night with that result, more please!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Really enjoyed watching the match highlights , just shows what happens when adding 3 quality players the impact and the psychological effect it had a the remaining quality players in the squad !!

A couple of Posters have said " Lets hope we can get Richard Chinn 's loan extended , I suggest we change the word " Hope into Pray "

Well done Darts
Spike

Post by Spike »

A good read that was. Tha author clearly at the same match as I was, unlike the bloke doing the earlier video interview.
KentC

Post by KentC »

A real good read, very entertaining.
Also based on what everyone said also very unbiased
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

One of if not the best footballing performance from the team this season, some quality on the deck football instead of the normal hoof hit & hope football we are used to seeing.
I think almost all of the crowd must have been in shock and thought they had gone to the wrong ground when at halftime we had seen an actual football team leading 3-0 as Dartford don’t ever do that normally.

Superb stuff and 3 very good or rather excellent signings in George Alexander, Richard Chinn & Ryan Sandford, I really do hope we can keep hold of Chinn this time and not have him recalled after a short time.

Players actually playing in their proper and natural positions with 2 quick, tricky and skilful wingers for a change and a forward that knows how to chase down the ball and finish it, albeit George should’ve had at least 2 more goals with the chances he had.

Still I’m not going to complain at all, I left PP very happy yesterday after seeing a great performance and getting the 3pts.

Let’s just hope it wasn’t a one off and we build & re-start our season from here.

Well Done to Dowse on the 3 new guys & also to Chinn who was clearly MOTM yesterday.

COYD’s
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Certainly didn't see that Result coming after our dire showing the other night against Braintree, we were taller all over the Field, hoofed everything up in the air, often one the first Header and nothing else, no pace up front. What a difference a Game makes, we win 3-0 Nile, Braintree lose 3-0 and struggling Welling thrash the League Leaders 4=1, that's Football.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I wasn't able to attend this game, it was one of the games I was most looking forward to when the fixtures came out so gutted I wasn't able to make it, even more so after seeing the result.

Reading everything on here and other social media, it's amazing what a few strong signings can do in terms of morale and performance. Chinny was fantastic for us last season and I'm still of the belief that if he doesn't get injured in the playoff semi final we win the game. Dowse has said in his interviews for weeks he's been after Chin and the reasoning is clear. We just need to hope we can extend to the end of the season once the initial month is up. He's a player who's energy and desire helps every one else around him and it rubs off on the whole team.

As for Alexander he's exactly what we have been missing, a different type of striker that has proven himself at this level. His goal was superb at the weekend and if him and Harvey can build a partnership I'm sure the goals will continue to flow.

Now, the criticism and frustration towards Dowse has been understandable however credit must be given here. He's been chasing these types of signings for weeks/months and it's clear to see why. They've came in and shown exactly what they can do. The main thing now is getting out of this W1 L1 cycle we are in starting next game at Tonbridge, who have hit a good run of form since we last played them so will not be an easy game whatsoever.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

PJSADI

Post by PJSADI »

Spike wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:19 pm
A good read that was. Tha author clearly at the same match as I was, unlike the bloke doing the earlier video interview.
To be fair to the interviewer, he did actually say “It’s hard to SAY the better team didn’t win…” , not “it’s hard to TAKE…”, which I take as he felt they deserved nothing from the game.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Thoroughly enjoyable game Saturday. Unlike last season the festive period has arrived early.
Diarra, Chin and Alexander provide a great spine to build a team around.
Unfortunately they are not our players, with two of those loan periods due to expire by January.
While the performance against Torquay was arguably the best since last season's Ebbsfleet double header, I'm not going to allow myself to get too carried away.
December should be an interesting month though.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

PJSADI wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:27 am
To be fair to the interviewer, he did actually say “It’s hard to SAY the better team didn’t win…” , not “it’s hard to TAKE…”, which I take as he felt they deserved nothing from the game.

Now you’ve said that I see. I am corrected because I interpreted that completely inaccurately .
Spike

Post by Spike »

PJSADI wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:27 am
My mistake, you are absolutely correct. I thought he'd said "Hard to TAKE" rather than "Hard to SAY" and that means the exact opposite of what I thought he meant.