Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Oliver Box (Sub)
11%

Total votes: 27

Grassbank

Re: Dartford v Braintree Town Tue 21 Nov 2023

Post by Grassbank »

If we can hang on another couple of minutes, we will be moving up one place tonight.

'Always look on the bright side of life ......'
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

A sad state of affairs
I really thought last season was our season, and when we did go out of the playoffs in usual fashion I had confidence that this season would be a good one. How wrong I was

Recruitment has been wrong, only a couple of signings have actually shown that they are hungry and good enough.

I have backed Dowse and always thought he would turn it around, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 0-2
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Sorry but as bad Dowse is the board have to look themselves
in the mirror and ask the question are they the right people
to take the club forward!

Either change direction around taking support for granted,
alienating the youth, giving Dowes a 2 year contract even
though from Jan onwards form was average at best or find
people to help you move the club forward.

Need to stop running the club as a mates club…
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:23 pm Attendance 771 I'm being told........ There must be about 150-200 invisible men in the ground.
Season ticket holders included regardless of attendance
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Poor football since Christmas last year and it don't look to be improving.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Stick some kids in at least they will care about the shirt!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:49 pm Stick some kids in at least they will care about the shirt!
Will they be allowed to play? Or will they be alienated and have to sign up to a membership before being allowed inside the stadium

People can ask questions of Dowse all they want and hypothesise that the drop in attendance is down to him but this youth membership thing has had absolutely no benefit to the club whatsoever. Scrap it and deal with troublemakers on an individual basis. Try and get some atmosphere back in to the stadium.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Shocking 1 type of football that's hoof and chase as for oh u got another player coming in once again no sign probably thought no chance im going there sorry dowse you have not got a clue all the promises who will you blame tonight
from 1st whistle we was only playing 1 type of football
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Can't bring myself to vote for MoM. I have supported Darts through thick and thin but this is thinner than an anorexic stick insect.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

If the board let him have one more game , he must have pictures in compromising positions. I will tell u crowd today, walked in half seven nobody at bar, half-time, nobody at bar, behind goal about 50 even the flag waver left, no drum , No atmosphere nothing. Of course u will get Martin Tyler coming on going about sending off, ( which I thought was , those nearer said not) but if he’s so worried about budget , why don’t he put his hand in his pocket? If there was a player sitting in stands thinking about joining , do u think he would? Dowse HAS to not resign but be sacked , let him ruin another club and let us rebuild
rambo

Post by rambo »

Mark Sweet wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:55 pm
Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:49 pm Stick some kids in at least they will care about the shirt!
Will they be allowed to play? Or will they be alienated and have to sign up to a membership before being allowed inside the stadium

People can ask questions of Dowse all they want and hypothesise that the drop in attendance is down to him but this youth membership thing has had absolutely no benefit to the club whatsoever. Scrap it and deal with troublemakers on an individual basis. Try and get some atmosphere back in to the stadium.
Agree with you 100%
I warned that kicking the youth out of the club would lead to disaster as many others did
It has robbed us of atmosphere and money and I am sure some of the youth will never come back
We played Braintree tonight so it was Braindead v Braintree
I intended to go but in the end decided no , too depressing to stand there for two hours and watch my team lose then drive home seething to wake up in the morning annoyed
Last edited by rambo on Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

The drop in attendances is down to the crap football on offer . I agree the club went overboard because of a few troublemakers that could of been dealt with the old way , but there are hundreds of what were regulars that haven’t bothered at all this season .
Out of the cups at the first hurdle , both at home to our lovely neighbours , poor football , poor results ,what is there to like at £16 a pop ? Bleak !
MickW

Post by MickW »

Braintree really didn't need the help of the ref, though they worked hard enough to get it. I lost count of the cards in the end.
Not only do we not know how to win we don't know how to work the ref - we are hopeless on all fronts.Pleased for Box who at least looked committed and energetic - he deserves a start.
No MoM for me.
Looking forward to Saturday - not.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Never in my life have I left a game with over half an hour remaining. Such was the trash we displayed on that pitch tonight - completely gutless, clueless, no direction.

Dowson out - now!
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Another loss , thats 3 at home on the trot , just not good enough in every shape or form . The Ref didnt give us much , another team who likes to hoodwink the ref .
Starting to think Mr Dowson is clueless , the excuses are getting boring now , just as bad as his entourage !
Many fans i was walking out with tonight are not happy with Mr Dowson , shouting for his head , think am inclined to agree , just cant see him changing it . Starting to get stale & boring .
Will be there on Saturday 🎯
oranj

Post by oranj »

Pre red card, that was an utterly dreadful performance. We play like it’s the 95th minute, but for the whole game. It’s always plan B; lumping balls into the box, hoping for a flick on, a lucky bounce, a deflection, or an opponent making a mistake. Truly awful to watch.

After the red card, it wasn’t much better. But laying into the ten who kept it to just the two goals conceded seems harsh, so I’ll say no more.

Dowson really needs to leave before we get dragged into a relegation battle. There’s time to get something from the season, but not with him in charge.
Darren

Post by Darren »

I know it's almost panto season, but we’ve just let the travelling Circus from newcastle come here and practice their jokes
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Top Cat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:17 pm

The drop in attendances is down to the crap football on offer . I agree the club went overboard because of a few troublemakers that could of been dealt with the old way , but there are hundreds of what were regulars that haven’t bothered at all this season .
Out of the cups at the first hurdle , both at home to our lovely neighbours , poor football , poor results ,what is there to like at £16 a pop ? Bleak !
I was actually talking about some young players on the pitch but yeah let them back in to the ground as well. End of the day far fewer people in the ground nowadays to rub up the wrong way!
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Thing is this was so predictable , and indeed predicted by many , after the dire pre season and some pretty dubious signings!