Clare

Re: Dartford v Chelmsford City Tue 7 Nov 2023

Post by Clare »

50/50 winning number 04216 £167

Golden goal 23 mins
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Got in later tham I wanted, signed in, only to see Carruthers lined up ready to take the penalty and Beeney just missing out over saving it. Bummer!!

Now let us see what the second half brings!!

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1-2
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Attendance 917
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Subs:-
Barzey for Miller-Rodney
Allen for Manor
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

We have no attack at all. And now there's a bundle on the pitch. Bit more lively than the game.
This is laughable.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Off the ball incident and Bradbury gets red.
Not sure how the ref or linesman have given a red as they were both running upfield looking the other way and neither stooped play or flagged??
Last edited by Park Life on Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Woods for Nembhard
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Lars Resort wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:10 pm We have no attack at all. And now there's a bundle on the pitch. Bit more lively than the game.
This is laughable.
Do we know what actually caused all that? What did Harvey do?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:13 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:10 pm We have no attack at all. And now there's a bundle on the pitch. Bit more lively than the game.
This is laughable.
The 12 did Harvey in the box so Harvey gave him a dig back.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

If it wasn't for Beeney it could have been 6 by now.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

As a game Chelmsford have been more direct, faster for most of the game. Darts are now losing their head's as regards discipline. With Harvey gone I see no way back.
We should have been 2 up before they scored but that's the way it is..
This is my fourth game and I still think this squad is poor. Chelmsford are attacking for fun and I see more goals coming.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Unlucky header from Statham. Thought that was going in!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Wow, unless Dowse turns this round he really needs to get his new car and test it on the M1north , we can do a whip to get it collected
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:13 pm
This is laughable.
Their 12 Jenkins had been moaning all game. He was dishing it out all game - then Bradbury pushed him over in a tangle off the ball - he went down like he’d been shot. - then got up line a man possessed intent on revenge . Own physio had to hold him back

Totally disgraceful behaviour from what I saw then it kicked off between fans in the seats too
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Firstly the game. Chelmsford were better than us and knew exactly what to do. We seemed to have no defensive width whatsoever and most of their attacks exploited that. I cant comment on whether it was a pen or not as I was too far away.

We had no midfield, and it's not just a problem this season it has been for a while. The amount of space they had made it so easy for them to play to their game plan and just play through us. Last year we had Samir who would pick up the ball and be able to create something, when he was unavailable there was no creativity. We have no creativity in that midfield this year as our most creative player is a wide player.

Weirdly we created more chances and should've equalised while we had 10 men. Brandon missing an open net, Statham forcing a top class save and Diarra hitting the bar. If just one of those goes in I'm a bit happier than I currently am. But those 10 that finished the game should be proud of that last half hour. That's how every game needs to be, fight for the shirt.

Onto the main talking point, the tosser in the black. What an absolutely disgraceful showing by both him and his linesman. Harvey and their 12 was going at eachother all game, as defenders and their opposition normally do. However when their 12 throws himself to the floor and a good 30 seconds pass before a stop in play, clearly the ref and lino not seeing anything malicious as 1) they had their back to it and 2) they carried on the game. Then when he starts to fight anyone that moves somehow they decide to send Harvey off and 12 doesn't even get cautioned??

I hope whoever does the interview calls this nonsense out and takes the suspension because quite frankly tonight was beyond a joke.

More dropped points at home from a winning position is the story at the end of the day, that run that we are supposed to be going on doesn't seem to be happening

We need re inforcements and fast. Lewis had a poor game today but we had no striker on the bench to replace him. Barzey through the middle doesn't work in our direct tactics so it's pointless putting him there.

Beeney motm, stopped it being 4 or 5
oranj

Post by oranj »

Seemed like the Chelmsford player left one on Bradbury earlier in the second half, which wasn’t seen by the ref (The same player also shoved Bradbury in the first half, which the ref chose not to book him for). Unfortunately Bradbury wasn’t so stealthy in his retribution. That was the icing on the cake following a disastrous few mins that saw Chelmsford score and Diarra take out Nembhard when they both went for the same ball.

You can’t fault the team for effort, with Beeny and Diarra putting in tremendous performances. But effort alone doesn’t win you matches, and we looked so short of quality in midfield and attack.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First half started pretty even but we got ourselves in front and when we were having our best spell of the half conceded the pen. So HT 1-1 and on the balance of play probably about right.

Second half we had our best chances when down to 10 men and if one of those had gone in a draw would have been about right imo.

As for Bradbury and their number 12, they had been at it for most of the game and if the 12 had got caught for what he did to Harvey off the ball earlier in the second half, he may well not have been on the pitch when the second incident happened.
As for the other incident, i had a 100% clear view and saw exactly what happened. I'm not going to comment on what the 12 or Harvey were up to but as far as the Harvey incident the officials should hang their heads in shame. The ref was following play upfield and had his back to the incident and the linesman was running up towards the halfway line and neither of them saw the incident, flagged or stooped play until ages after when other players started to get involved. Their is no way they saw it and have just guessed as to what happened, no doubt they'll get their story confirmed with each other after the game or watch the video before submitting a report as they NEVER saw the incident.
As for their number 12 and Harvey, they both deserved the same punishment......
With regards to the pitch invader, if initial reports are correct as to who came onto the pitch and got involved in the melee, Chelmsford City have an extremely difficult situation to manage.

MOTM for me between Coulson, Diarra and Beeney.

I'm sad to say that Princes Park has become a lifeless, soulless place, what has happened to the atmosphere and support we had not so long ago :( :(
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Let’s be honest, Harvey deserved to go and so did the 12, it was then followed by a disgraceful scene where a male ( some said it was his brother) entered the pitch , then jumped back into stand , then run right into the penalty area melee. Stewards did nothing , isn’t it a lifetime ban for a fan to enter field of play and confront players? He eventually was asked to leave , wow, 😂. I did not kick off in the seats , no dartford fan was involved. Harvey being banned leaves us with Manor who looks like he rather be in Gaza than princess park and Wall , who it is rumoured that instead of golden goal we doing , how many minutes he on pitch. Last year Dowse said it wasn’t his team , it’s becoming clear that’s why we did well, this year it is and it’s a mess. Without Chelmsford being well supported , I and one of the clubs most respected fans , believe the attendance would have been less than last week. Like coulson was fantastic , Archie got his usual 20 minutes out of position and Beezley got a bit of gametime to, so a few positives. Trouble is we neither a small skill full side or a big 1/0 hard side, we are a mish mash of players who are trying to be fitted into round holes when they are triangles.I believe Dowse will walk