Park Life

Re: Dartford v Weston-super-Mare Tue 31 Oct 2023

Post by Park Life »

4-2
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wall 2nd yellow and off.
Looked very harsh to me from other end of the ground unless it was verbal??
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 4-2
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Jiggery poke.🤨
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

First half awful, probably the worst half of the season. Formation didn't work and players seemed confused as to what their roles were.

Much better 2nd half, Dowse changed the system and it worked. I hope people give credit to him the same way he has had criticism. Apart from a silly spell at the end which saw Wall, unfairly in my opinion, dismissed we controlled the half.

Referee had a poor game, struggled to see what our goal in the first half was ruled out for and a lot of decisions he got wrong tonight.

3 points and closer to those playoffs.

COYD!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:46 pm First half awful, probably the worst half of the season. Formation didn't work and players seemed confused as to what their roles were.

Much better 2nd half, Dowse changed the system and it worked. I hope people give credit to him the same way he has had criticism. Apart from a silly spell at the end which saw Wall, unfairly in my opinion, dismissed we controlled the half.

Referee had a poor game, struggled to see what our goal in the first half was ruled out for and a lot of decisions he got wrong tonight.

3 points and closer to those playoffs.

COYD!
Some will still find something to moan about.🤪
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Me!!!first half was dreadful and they played us off park,Beeney made a great penalty save ( he’s improving every game my mom) and if that had gone in , it would of been game over. Second half we played football and we’re so much better, looked like we really wanted it and played well. It still feels like that half papered over the cracks,I have heard of clubs taking a few of crowd , but adding to it 😂😂😂 there was nobody there tonight , a product of Dowes football. On plus side , IF we can continue playing like that and we keep Harvey fit, then we might have something to smile about for more than one half.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:25 pm Issues off the pitch….but who is going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and lead the team on the pitch? Fear the answer is nobody!
That aged well lol
Last edited by KSTDART on Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Just glad for once a few of them did put a shift in! Least we can expect as supporters and the team should take the plaudits for turning it round! Still blindingly obvious it’s a team without a bradbrook, noble, Flanagan etc etc!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Seems like a complete turnaround second half, glad to see those who could make it rewarded after a poor first half. Playoffs are still well within our reach this season if we can find some consistency. I have had to make my opinion up through media only so far this season, but it feels like we are capable of more than what we have seen?!

Maybe the club will avoid a fixture on Halloween in future? I'm sure the crowd would have been ~900 otherwise.

Good to see the goals on twitter already! Wall sent off :roll: gutted after he scores 2...
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

Well done to our boys & management team tonight,a very happy drive home
tomorrow.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I think this game summed our season up perfectly, you never know what you're going to get as the contrast in performance between the first and second half was there for all to see.

First half WSM outplayed us moving the ball around well with pace and if they had their shooting boots on the game could have been over at HT. The real game changing moment for me was the penalty save from Beeney at 0-1, i felt that if that had gone in it would have been extremely difficult to come back from. But we went in at HT 1-1 with a good goal of our own and very grateful to be level as we were all over the place at times.

Second half was a big improvement on the first and the early penalty seemed to settle us down. We moved the ball around well at times and managed to turn the game on it's head and come away with the three points. However Weston still had their chances and were it not for some poor finishing from them the game might have been a bit closer.

Came away from the game tonight scratching my head again as we are so inconsistent but it was important to get the win so well done lads.

We picked up some needless cautions tonight which ended with Walls sending off after he was initially cautioned for kicking the corner flag over. However his second caution from where i was looked harsh unless it was for verbal.

MOTM between Beeney and Coulson. Coulson made the bigger overall contribution but Beeneys penalty save imo was the game changing moment. Still can't decide atm so will have a think on it.
Last edited by Park Life on Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lots to chew on there. First half was worrying stuff, although we seemed to have a perfectly good goal ruled out and Bradbury appeared to pick up a booking for being offside (must’ve been dissent). Credit to Beeney for the penalty save, had that gone in it may very well have been too steep a hill to climb. Then came Coulson’s storming run down the left to provide an excellent cross for Rooney, which made going in level at half time pretty flattering for the Darts.
Second half was a much more comfortable watch, going ahead almost instantly through Coulson’s penalty and with Wall replacing Manor (I thought Bradbury would be taken off for protection as he had annoyed yet another ref in his inimitable style). Wall’s pint didn’t even have the chance to get warm though as he managed to score twice and rack up two yellow cards in the space of about 25 minutes. In fairness, both bookings seemed pretty harsh, the first I gather was for poking the ball away at the end we were attacking, the second near our goal line at the Academy end anyone’s guess. And just as we thought that was it, some sloppy defending gifted WSM with a second goal. A fairly incredible half!

Special mention goes out to Altintop who looked to have sustained an horrific injury as hit the advertisement boards head on at speed, helped on by a seagull. Not only did the boy get up pretty quickly, but got straight on about his business as though nothing had happened. I guess he was lucky to have hit between the steels, but it was Terry Butcher level grit, so well done Baris!

Congratulations to Dowson and the boys tonight. Not a great start, but three points against opposition better than teams to which we have previously lost.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

How to conduct an interview.

rambo

Post by rambo »

A really awful first 30 minutes for us, possibly worst of the season. However after the wsm penalty Miss we woke up and got in the game with an excellent goal to make it 1-1
We were much better in the second half snd never looked like losing the game
The lack of width and lack of winning the ball was alarming, in fact I don’t think we won the ball at all , wsm often gave it back to us. The important factor was that we won the game but make no mistake wsm were rubbish and we were not far better
We have some very tough games coming at home
Whatever wall did to get sent off I have no idea but whether it was verbal or petulance he is a very silly boy seeing red after scoring two goals
The gate of 658 was very alarming and the Board need to think about why. Looking around the ground I reckon 75% of the fans were like me old fogies , and that is not good for the future
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Plenty of incidents to keep the sparse crowd warm. Nice to see our lot getting four but worrying that the game could have been a lot closer.
Credit to the lads to get a win, but for Dowse? Well, let's face it, he had to do something, didn't he?
I wasn't there but looking at Parkys post,I was worried it was all going to end pear shaped.
Well done the Darts but one has to wonder, for how long?
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Well done to the players tonight for their second half performance and to WSM for missing so many chances in the first half plus a missed penalty thanks to a very good save from Beeney.
Almost everyone summing up the game in the same way as we gained 3 points for the win but it still leaves us worrying about the next game can we turn up for 90 minutes to secure another win and improve our performances as we meet some of the stronger teams who will take their chances.
I don't know what if anything that Dowse said at half time made us turn the game round but we did get the result that we needed and hopefully satisfied the fans that did turn up on the night including me.