News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

BRASSNECK

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:49 pm Oh dear! I guess that's another week with no interview from The King!
Plan B sign 10 more players.🤣🎃🥧
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I do believe you are enjoying this Dean.😁👿
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I do believe the only way of SK getting Havant out of the shit they are in is to employ the methods he uses.
Because they are looking relegation material at the moment.
I do believe this all started when the two clubs amalgamation.
Did anyone ever go to the Waterlooville ground. I seem to remember it was a nice little ground and set-up. Worth a day out back then.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:09 am I do believe you are enjoying this Dean.😁👿
Im not the only one there are many enjoying King do so well.🤣
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:16 am I do believe the only way of SK getting Havant out of the shit they are in is to employ the methods he uses.
Because they are looking relegation material at the moment.
I do believe this all started when the two clubs amalgamation.
Did anyone ever go to the Waterlooville ground. I seem to remember it was a nice little ground and set-up. Worth a day out back then.
I do remember going to the old Waterlooville ground, from memory it was quite an old fashioned ground with a big seated stand on one side in the middle of an industrial estate.
I’m sure they use to have a snooker club right outside as well.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Can't remember the snooker club 5th but it was a nice run down. Think it was at the bottom of the A3. i remember it being a quaint little place and we drew 0-0.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I remember going to Waterlooville on a Friday night back in 1981 (Southampton were playing at Wembley the following day). From memory Bobby Stokes played for Waterlooville that night. Nice ground but out on a limb in the trading estate as I remember
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I see on kentonline that Dennis Kurtrieb is saying that Fleet are heading in the right direction. For the first time I have to agree.😁
KentC

Post by KentC »

BRASSNECK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:41 am
ozymandias wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:09 am I do believe you are enjoying this Dean.😁👿
Im not the only one there are many enjoying King do so well.🤣
Get over your obsession and move on with your life.

Anyway right now there’s a few clubs laughing at us.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Maybe but there are still some notable names below us in the table..... How are Welling, Havant and Dover doing?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:50 pm Maybe but there are still some notable names below us in the table..... How are Welling, Havant and Dover doing?
Hi Taunton hope your well mate, i'm more interested in how Aveley, Bath, Hampton and Taunton are doing........
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Park Life wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:42 pm
Hi Taunton hope your well mate, i'm more interested in how Aveley, Bath, Hampton and Taunton are doing........
I never thought that I would see the day when Aveley and Taunton were riding high above Dartford! Have arranged cover for 11th November for the trip to Truro but not sure how many DFC fans will be travelling to that one. Disappointed at how few were at Taunton and missed the craic of catching up with a lot of old friends - at least the real diehards were at Wordsworth Drive!
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

Like in years gone by, there have been Highs and Lows, being on a dip currently... Regardless, we still support the DFC team / staff that the club provides us with. Yes, it can be demoralising and demotivating to watch a DFC side that is not consistently firing on all cylinders. Of course, as supporters, we have our own criticisms, ideas, reasons and threats as to why we're going through these harrowing times. Altogether, most stand firm!
Dartford, you make me happy when skies are grey...
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Braintree 4-1 Havant.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:05 pm Braintree 4-1 Havant.
LDLLLDLLLLLLLL I thought it was a new Welsh village turns out it Havants last 14 games.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:17 pm
LDLLLDLL thought it was a new Welsh village turns out it Havants last 8 games.🤣🤣🤣
I would have liked to have seen Havent win today as Braintree are beginning to look dangerous. I see them as a threat to our play-off chances.

Special mention to Ramsgate today, beating Woking in front of a sell out crowd. Lee Martin (ex Dovre) scoring their winner.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

With Maidstone progressing in the FA Cup our away match against them on December 2nd will now be postponed. We me may be able to move our away match at Slough from Feb 20th but that depends on whether they progress in FA Cup tomorrow against Grimsby.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Jonty wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:17 pm
LDLLLDLL thought it was a new Welsh village turns out it Havants last 8 games.🤣🤣🤣
I would have liked to have seen Havent win today as Braintree are beginning to look dangerous. I see them as a threat to our play-off chances.

Special mention to Ramsgate today, beating Woking in front of a sell out crowd. Lee Martin (ex Dovre) scoring their winner.
No worries Jonty Braintree are no threat to our playoff place, our biggest threat to our chances is us
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Very true Rambo.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I agree with you Rambo too, but at the same time, its in our own hands. As it stands we are almost within touching distance of those play-offs and I still not seen any team in this division that is any better than us, well, maybe better technically!

My original point I should have made with Brassneck was more of the fact that he keeps having a pop at H & W and more to the point, a dig towards our ex manager. TBH, we need to forget about SK as he partly the reason why everyone keeps turning on each other on here. This in turn causes division, which is still the biggest issue within the club. Half the people can't accept the fact he was sacked and the other half can't stop having a dig towards the guy. Everyone just needs to move on and get behind the current manager/team and lose all the negativity that goes with it.