Twitter: https://twitter.com/hemelfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HHTFC
Forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tudortalk/

Admission https://www.hemelfc.com/tickets:
Adult: £15
Concessions: £10
Under 18s: £5

Online: https://www.hemelfc.com/event-details/h ... dartford-1

Concessionary price is available for over 65s, students in full-time education, military personnel and emergency services. Identification will be required.

Season Preview: https://puredfc.co.uk/season-preview-2023-2024-12

Referee: Matthew Jackson
Assistant Referee: Shaun Barry
Assistant Referee: Harry Price
Spike

Re: Hemel Hempstead Town FC v Dartford Sat 28 Oct 2023

Post by Spike »

Cripes, it's quiet on here. I thought I'd logged on to Welling's forum for a minute.
Hope I'm not the only one there tomorrow.
rambo

Post by rambo »

If you are the only one there today spike , don’t forget to bring back three points
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

What! Where's your little, if slightly taller, brother?
Yes, bring back some points Spike.
It would be nice to get a good win today, a nice dominant game.
HH started the season well with some good wins. It's a big ask but... COYD'S.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Good luck to the boys today and safe journey to those making the trip, hope the M25 is kind to you!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I'll be there so just doubled the support going.... :lol: :lol:
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:57 am What! Where's your little, if slightly taller, brother?
Yes, bring back some points Spike.
It would be nice to get a good win today, a nice dominant game.
HH started the season well with some good wins. It's a big ask but... COYD'S.

They had a great result against Yeovil but other than this they’ve won 4 in total and they are 14th. They’ve had a poorer start than we have.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Which, at the moment Kentc, means nothing at all.
Just hope we get our act together today.🎯🎯🎯
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

There seem to be a number of top half games going on today, so lets hope the Darts can take advantage of the situation this afternoon.

Having enjoyed a few streamed games recently, it's back to the earpods to hopefully pick up live commentary.

Whilst the team haven't been always firing on full cylinders, I am still of the belief we have the quality to be up there challenging. Still such a long way to go to the end of April. To me there are signs that if these players gel over the season, we could be close to having a squad that could hold its own if promoted, just in the same way as Sir TB did !!!

Prefer to go into the playoffs as underdogs on a good run of form, if we can't get top spot.

COYD
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Good luck to the team today.
There is a long way go but so far we look pretty average to me.
Speaking to several regulars last week before and during the game there does seem to be an acceptance that we are a mid table team..
Things can change but at this moment in time I tend to agree with them.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

KentC

Post by KentC »

PeteSamson wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:38 am There seem to be a number of top half games going on today, so lets hope the Darts can take advantage of the situation this afternoon.

Having enjoyed a few streamed games recently, it's back to the earpods to hopefully pick up live commentary.

Whilst the team haven't been always firing on full cylinders, I am still of the belief we have the quality to be up there challenging. Still such a long way to go to the end of April. To me there are signs that if these players gel over the season, we could be close to having a squad that could hold its own if promoted, just in the same way as Sir TB did !!!

Prefer to go into the playoffs as underdogs on a good run of form, if we can't get top spot.

COYD

Sir TB? didn’t he get us relegated two years on the trot but for a lucky first year reprieve.

I have huge respect for TB but our opinions are made based on the narrative. Good old DFC boys club with no ambition.

On a positive side I think we’ll get a result today, I think we’re good enough and we’ve got a bit of confidence.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I'm in agreement with Pete Samson that we are not too far off from being a challenging play-off team again. I have seen 4 of our last 6 games and the one thing that we are definitely doing better than last season is that we are retaining possession more this season. I think this is mainly to do with the new players at the back as they are better on the ball and drive out of defense better. They also look like they have a few goals in them to boot, but there is one area that does need addressing and I will be surprised if this is not rectified before too long. Only time will tell but it is not all doom and gloom, in fact, I have started to enjoy my last few games and it was great to see the players go over to those kids in the seats last week, signing autographs, taking selfies etc. We now have a group of players that want to play for the shirt, rather than a group of players that arrive through an agent.

We all need to pull in the same direction and get behind the team instead of this constant torrent of negativity posting, not only on here but on the social media platforms as well. Football at this level has changed dramatically over the past couple of season's, every club seems to have a rich benefactor and from a financial aspect, we are struggling to compete with them. However, we still managed to finish second last season, on a smaller budget than our previous management team, we also lost some very good players at the end of last season that were hard to replace, plus we been hit hard with injuries so far this season. Yes, I feel that a couple should have been released but overall, I am happy with the squad and if you have a look at our bench today, I would say that is quite competitive.

Good luck to everyone travelling today and lets hope they are rewarded, along with those listening in. COYD.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

KentC wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:49 pm
PeteSamson wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:38 am There seem to be a number of top half games going on today, so lets hope the Darts can take advantage of the situation this afternoon.

COYD

Sir TB? didn’t he get us relegated two years on the trot but for a lucky first year reprieve.

I have huge respect for TB but our opinions are made based on the narrative. Good old DFC boys club with no ambition.

On a positive side I think we’ll get a result today, I think we’re good enough and we’ve got a bit of confidence.

I think those comments on TB are unfair. After finishing a top semi-pro side his team were raised by full-time clubs and players naturally took their chance to go full-time. Then after relegation the next season TB got together a good squad to chairmen for a swift return to the top flight. Then really late on we got a reprieve that nobody saw coming. Half the new players then left as they had signed for Conference South football - by that time of close season TB had no chafe of getting a competitive squad together and relegation was a foregone conclusion.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Get in there.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pen to Darts.
Coulson scores.
1 nil Darts after Hemel having 5 glorious chances in the first 15 mins. :D :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1-1
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 1-1 and after the first 15 mins I'm well happy with that as they could have been home and dry.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Listening to it on live stream and even our comentator says we we getting overun and by miles 2nd best and should have been 4 down , we then get a pen and go 1 up our only shot on goal ] and then we chuck it away with awful defending by Altintop for 1-1 , FFS what is going on , play of form certainly NOT 1st half , will we see a miracle 2nd half ???????????????????