Joash Nembhard personal vow - 26/10/23

Park Life

Joash Nembhard personal vow - 26/10/23

Post by Park Life »

"Darts defenders personal vow"

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ow-295777/

Dartford defender Joash Nembhard believes greater consistency can take his game to a higher level.

The 25-year-old centre-back is settling in nicely at Princes Park after joining from fellow National League South side Havant.

He scored twice against his former club in last Saturday’s 2-0 home win and then revealed his goal for the season.

“I vowed to myself coming into this season that my biggest thing was I needed to be consistent,” said Nembhard.

“Every single game I need to be as good as I can be, and be fit because availability is an ability. So as long as I’m fit, I’ve got a chance of doing well.

“This is my third season in the league, I’ve been at Hemel, Havant and now Dartford. I feel more than comfortable.

“I feel that I’m improving every game but the more that you play, the more you learn and that’s where I’m at.

“I still think I’ve got the ability to step up as I’ve got the game to do it but you only get that luxury if you perform every game.

“You can’t just be a two-game man and then be poor, you’ve got to be good for 20 or 30 games in a row, and then be able to play a 50-game season. That’s what I’m looking for.

“The one benefit that I give myself is I’m hungry. Every day and in every session, I want to be better. I want to be the best at everything whether it’s a small-sided game or whatever.

“I just want to be the best and that will give me the best chance of being the best player I can be and playing at the highest level I can.”

After a promising start to the previous campaign at Havant, injury effectively derailed his campaign.

By the time Nembhard was fit again, the wheels had come off Havant’s campaign and he struggled to regain his form.

“I started the season really well at Havant, probably the best I ever have,” he admitted.

“We were on an unbeaten run as well, we went about 13 games without defeat at the start, but I picked up an injury in October.

“I fractured my foot against Weymouth in the FA Cup and that really ruined my consistency. I had to have surgery and was out for about four months.

“When I came back, we were in a tough time anyway and I felt it so difficult to regain that form.”

Nembhard produced a man-of-the-match display when he came up against Havant for the first time since his departure.

Despite scoring twice, he was more pleased with the clean sheet which he sees as his main job in the side.

“Clean sheet all day long - I couldn’t care less if we win 1-0 and it’s an own goal or comes off somebody’s knee, as long as we win the game that’s all I’m bothered about,” he added.

“It was a good win, really good. It was nice to get three points and a clean sheet and bounce back from the Hampton defeat.

“I’m not going to lie, it was extra sweet. I love a bit of rivalry and competitiveness, that’s what makes the game what it is. It’s always nice to score against your former club and it’s a good feeling.

“The gaffer and the staff managed it really well. They said not to get too emotional and that discipline was going to be a massive thing, we needed to have 11 players on the pitch. It proved that we stood up to the test.

“It was highlighted at the start and rightly so, emotions can take over in a game and you don’t want to put yourself at a disadvantage at any point.”