Harvey Bradbury
No votes
Luke Coulson
6%

Total votes: 18

Hitchin Dart79

Re: Eastbourne v Dartford Tue 24 Oct 2023

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Steve why aren’t you preparing your team for tomorrows latest defeat?
rambo

Post by rambo »

KentC wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:58 pm
rambo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:45 pm Very acceptable 😀
Of course we accept it. Eastbourne 3 points off relegation and we draw 1-1. That’s our level now , mid tableish.
They’re struggling for results with just 4 wins and 7 losses but well done us.

The problem in theory isn’t drawing away to Eastbourne, Any point away is respectful but the problem is we think that it’s a good result. Even if it can be accepted as it’s away it should be a disappointment at the same time as our targets are higher.
But there not are they.

So pats on the back for another average result to a low positioned team.
Yes indeed pat on the back for an average result . You are stating the obvious . As far as I am concerned we are not a very good team so every home win is fine by me as I would rather watch us win than lose. As for away games one point against any time when we are not a good team ourselves is fine by me as it keeps us away from the relegation zone 😀
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Two schools of thought on this game:-
1. Performance ok and an away point so not too bad.
2. A good opportunity missed to beat an incredibly young team.

I sit in the number two camp as i believe if we are to fulfil our reasonable expectations of challenging in the play off spots tonight is the type of game we need to win.

We were on top first half and the better team but their keeper didn't really have to make a decent save.
Second half they started well and were on top for about 15 minutes before we worked ourselves back into the game and were the better side, but again their keeper never had to make a decent save.
So whilst the performance wasn't too bad i've come away from the game tonight feeling disappointed as i really think it's a game we could have won and with tougher games ahead we may look back on this game as a missed opportunity for three points.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:04 am Two schools of thought on this game:-
1. Performance ok and an away point so not too bad.
2. A good opportunity missed to beat an incredibly young team.

I sit in the number two camp as i believe if we are to fulfil our reasonable expectations of challenging in the play off spots tonight is the type of game we need to win.

We were on top first half and the better team but their keeper didn't really have to make a decent save.
Second half they started well and were on top for about 15 minutes before we worked ourselves back into the game and were the better side, but again their keeper never had to make a decent save.
So whilst the performance wasn't too bad i've come away from the game tonight feeling disappointed as i really think it's a game we could have won and with tougher games ahead we may look back on this game as a missed opportunity for three points.
You are spot on and I think anyone that was there will probably feel the same.

As long as we are in the plays offs before the last game of the season we have a chance, but to win the league I don’t think so….

Wynter MOTM for me again becoming mister consistent!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Park Life summed up the game as I didn't attend last night
In the words of someone who knew how to take chances Jimmy Greaves summed up football with "It's a funny old game" :lol: :lol: :lol:
So had we taken just one missed chance in this game and scored just one more goal we would not only have won the game but the extra two points would have seen us jump up to 7th and into a play-off spot pushing out Farnborough with a one goal better goal difference and favourable comments.
Instead we draw comment about the missed chances and drop down the league into 12th spot and I think that this is what gives us the two schools of thought expressed about our current performances on the team the manager players etc on this website and long may it continue. :) :( :o :?
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

According to Eastbourne Borough twitter or X whatever they call it now the attendance was 1301. A very decent crowd for a damp Tuesday night. Not quite as good as Yeovil's crowd of 6289 which saw the League leaders beat Weymouth 2nil.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yeah a good attendance last night at EBFC and I believe Yeovil's crowd was also a NLS record.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Based on recent results this must be seen as a a point well earned. We are not firing on all cylinders and from all accounts Eastbourne are spending a lot of money on being 6th from bottom.
Take into account that we have struggled in recent years to get something from this fixture and the fact we are struggling to get a run going I was happy to see the result last night. Now given the facts of the match from people that actually attended the game I'm a tad disappointed we didn't get the win .
At the moment we are an ordinary team scrambling for points but we are steering clear of the relegation area while not looking threatening of the play offs even though we are one win from being in there.
Takes a lot to please everyone on here but Dowse is confident of better things, so let's get behind him and the lads at this time.
Spike

Post by Spike »

6/10 performance. It wasn't a disaster and we were the better side, but we didn't capitalise on that and we didn't win, so for me it has to be regarded as an opportunity missed. There are signs of improvement, Barzey's goal was top notch, but we had a 20 minute spell in the second half, where we seemed to collectively go into a coma. We have some catching up to do and I'd be disappointed if we were considering this a good result. Personally, I think we should be expecting a bit more.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Listening to that makes me doubt about going Saturday. All me subs got a goal in them but didn’t want to change it . We were excellent , time forwards started scoring to help defenders giving away worst goal ever? On plus side if u win your home games a point away is always good
Park Life

Post by Park Life »