Archie Woods (Sub)
No votes
Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Grassbank

Re: Dartford v Havant and Waterlooville Sat 21 Oct 2023

Post by Grassbank »

I do not think I have ever seen such a poor Waterlooville side. Almost as if they were just going through the motions. There was no passion and no desire on show.

Dartford we good, but not great. The goals were well taken. There were times when our delivery into the box was threatening, but there was nobody pushing up enough to support the wing play.

Up to tenth. Still time to achieve something this season.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Joash clearly MoM for me for both his defensive and attacking performances. The whole back four were solid and Jordan Wynter was excellent at breaking up play and consistently finding teammates with his passes.
Mid field seemed to get itself bogged down and I'm afraid I'm not convinced by our front line - a lot of huff and puff but little in the way of clear cut chances.
Probably one of our best performances this season but the opposition really didn't offer much.
A win and a clean sheet sent me home happy.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We deserved our win today and the scoreline was about right.
Yes they had a few chances but we also had a few extra as well as the goals we scored so they can't have any complaints about today's result.
We played ok and used the ball better than we have done previously which was good to see, still room for improvement as we will face much tougher opposition but a step in the right direction.

Harvey put in another good shift but MOTM for me has to be Nembhard, helped keep a clean sheet and scored two so an easy decision.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

We were comfortable, generally, but don’t forget that Havant missed a couple of sitters: Jebb’s near the end, and in the first half their no. 10 side-footed one wide when putting his foot through it would surely have made it 1-1. We deserved the win, but on a different day…..

I suppose we earnt the right to see those not go in. I would probably have Joash as MOTM, just as much for his defensive work as his goals, but it was pleasingly a game where they all put in a shift. Still plenty of room for improvement, but heading in the right direction.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rambo

Post by rambo »

Fully deserved the win
Best we have played this season. The back four were great with Joash and Baris playing their best game gif the darts
I liked the midfield pressing in twos sometimes threes
Rooney also played his best game for the darts
Others have said but I feel I have to repeat that the keeper must come off his line more, if he doesn’t it will bite us in the bum some game
Motm Joash with Rooney and Baris in the reckoning
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

A much better performance today and we fully deserved the points although there is still a lot of room for improvement. Havant are a very poor side who actually made us look better than we actually was, on another day and against stronger opposition we could’ve been caught out & punished.
We was very lucky that Havant just couldn’t shoot or get hardly anything on target.

I’m afraid I have to agree with others regarding Mitch Beeney, he is far to static on his line, he hardly ever comes off it to claim a ball and he certainly doesn’t command his area. A few times in the game had the shooting been better or our defence slower to react then Havant would’ve scored due to Beeney not reacting quick enough.

We actually tried to keep the ball down a lot of the time and play some football rather than just lump the ball on a very wet & skiddy pitch. Again I agree with others that Rooney had a very good game and so did the back line especially Moussa Diara who kept pushing forward and winning a lot of headers as well as Joash Nehmbard who was excellent today and took his 2 goals well. You could see what it meant to both Rooney & especially Joash getting that win today plus scoring both goals against their former team.

Tyrell Miller-Rodney was solid in that midfield again today, his work rate is immense.

Kingy certainly has one hell of a challenge on his hands to get that fulltime crock of shit of a team out of the bottom places.
Not one single player for them except for Reece Charles-Cook in goal looked interested today and considering they are fulltime they didn’t even look that fit.

Well Done Darts, no time to settle on this 3pts though as there’s still plenty of work to be done.

My MOTM went to Joash Nehmbard.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

H&W were by far the poorest opposition team I’ve seen at PP in the last couple of seasons!! Maybe even longer than that??
Kingy has a job & a half just to keep them up I reckon?
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Wow, that was a decent interview at last!
KentC

Post by KentC »

rambo wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:28 pm Fully deserved the win
Best we have played this season. The back four were great with Joash and Baris playing their best game gif the darts
Others have said but I feel I have to repeat that the keeper must come off his line more, if he doesn’t it will bite us in the bum some game

Back four were not great while we were the better side and deserved to win they got behind us on several occasions and missed some great chances particularly the one v one. And this against the worst team in the league by a country mile.
Last edited by KentC on Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KentC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:53 am

Back four were great, while we were the better side and deserved to win they got behind us on several occasions and missed some great chances particularly the one v one. And this against the worst team in the league by a country mile.
You’re clearly misguided by the result and don’t actually acknowledge anything else.
Watch the game
Bit harsh mate!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

M1 South wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:07 am H&W were by far the poorest opposition team I’ve seen at PP in the last couple of seasons!! Maybe even longer than that??
Kingy has a job & a half just to keep them up I reckon?
He has got a job to do, they’re bottom for a reason and that showed yesterday. He will keep them up though and probably get a mid-table finish/ fringe of play-off’s maybe
KentC

Post by KentC »

Some but not all of the comments on here are bizarre apart from the usual well balanced excellent posters like PL and Spike etc.

We were the better team and deserved to win no question.

They are the worst team I’ve seen in years, it’s like keystone kops at the back utterly useless, no wonder they want Tom as often as possible so get this result into perspective.

Yet against this a terrible poor team they had chances and should have scored 2/3 and missed a complete sitter. Again from the worst team down here in years.
For some on here to say the defence had their best game is astonishing and I’m stunned as to what you’re watching. Against a half decent team we’d of been in trouble.

But everything is rosy on the horizon, the manager who is here to bring the community together and criticises supporters, plays atrocious football and is accepting mid table has the full backing of the no ambition board.
Happy to plod along in the south what unbelievably some fans like and happy that the stadium has become soulless, quiet and attendances are down - you can include season tickets holders in the attendance if you like and throw stats at me - I know it’s been said on good authority that the board absolutely are wanting promotion, well they’re hardly going to say they don’t.

A club that should be up there with the ambitious Bromley challenging then as Kents top non league club but when a club is run by mates for mates then this is what you get.

Does anyone honestly believe we’ve not gone backwards?
Massive football community who we do absolutely FA to engage, be it no incentive with admission fees or the tripe on the pitch that’s impossible to pay and watch if you’re a floating fan or a prospective fan coming to a game.

Everyone happy, board happy where we are, mates in the boardroom and in the stands patting them on the back and the euphoria of such a great result yesterday against the worst team I’ve seen in the league for many a year with our defence having their best game according to some and obviously having several great chances created against you by a pathetic attack doesn’t mean anything.

Randomly I think Harvey has been outstanding for a long time and now there’s no Tom B my favourite player.
A 100% player week in week out.

I went yesterday as I was interested to see how the Steve King thing went but I’ve stayed away until then for a while and I’m going to keep staying away, not as protest , I just dont want to go.
I’m sure no one gives a crap and makes me less of a supporter in some eyes but maybe there’s part of a wider problem.

A club by run by mates for mates you can disagree, I’m sure most will.
The club is going backwards I’m not sure you can.
Last edited by KentC on Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Tony H wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:11 am
KentC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:53 am

Back four were great, while we were the better side and deserved to win they got behind us on several occasions and missed some great chances particularly the one v one. And this against the worst team in the league by a country mile.
You’re clearly misguided by the result and don’t actually acknowledge anything else.
Watch the game
Bit harsh mate!!

I agree, apologies I’ve edited it
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I disagree, I think the club are doing really well at engaging with community in lots of areas. I thought it was brilliant all the kids yesterday singing, the players all coming back out to sign autographs and have photos under the guidance of dartford hardworking staff.U make valid points on ground being quiet , but it didn’t help when a team brings about twelve fans stood behind goal. Defence will be better with Block back. It didn’t have to do much to improve but yesterday was very watchable and more passing than hoofball. Dowse yesterday thanked the fans and gave a decent interview, 3points a crowd over thousand with no away fans and we now seem to have competition for places, so it’s a start.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Two of my favourite players when Jingy was hers were Jebb and Agegypong , reading the comments on Havant have they really become that bad ????

Good win for the Darts but sounds like we might just be on the move up !!!!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I had to resort to listening to the game on the Radio Kent sportshub. :roll: No offence, but it sounded dull and boring and only came to life with the goals.
But I then went on the website and Steve had posted FT 2-0.
Hang on a minute, the guy was still commentating. Commentary then went on for another 3 minutes. I could have been biting my nails for almost 4 minutes instead of shutting down and getting a drink in celebration.
I won't be signing on to that anymore.

Amazing that some look for the negatives instead of celebrating a win. I'm glad we got the three points, no matter how. Glad that Joash got the goals as he has been playing well in the games that I've seen and it's good that he is rewarded with covering both ends of the field.
I'm not a lover of the quality of football being played, but a win is a win. With Dowse sticking to his guns and getting some reward, let's hope we go on some sort of run and not stutter to another defeat next game.
COYD's
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I think I understood that Duke, yes I can't believe that Jack and Jacob hadn't influenced Havant in some way. But I'm glad they didn't. Especially with the quality of Jacob's left boot and Jack's dead ball situations and delivery.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »