Archie Woods (Sub)
No votes
Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Spike

Re: Dartford v Havant and Waterlooville Sat 21 Oct 2023

Post by Spike »

PeteSamson wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:05 pm I'm assuming Tom Bonner will not be playing, and I am not concerned even if he does magically appear on their teamsheet. Personally, it would be handclapping from me if he did, in recognition of his service to the club.
You're right of course Pete. He's been a rock for us over the years and I think most of the negative comments are just a reflection of people's disappointment that he didn't stay with us for another season. As much as I would have loved that to have happened though, I don't think it would have been a good idea to have him back on a play when available basis as we've already got more than enough part-timers, short term loanees and Munchausen merchants and I don't think he would do himself or us justice under such circumstances.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Spike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:49 pm
PeteSamson wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:05 pm I'm assuming Tom Bonner will not be playing, and I am not concerned even if he does magically appear on their teamsheet. Personally, it would be handclapping from me if he did, in recognition of his service to the club.
You're right of course Pete. He's been a rock for us over the years and I think most of the negative comments are just a reflection of people's disappointment that he didn't stay with us for another season. As much as I would have loved that to have happened though, I don't think it would have been a good idea to have him back on a play when available basis as we've already got more than enough part-timers, short term loanees and Munchausen merchants and I don't think he would do himself or us justice under such circumstances.
Might have been better to see Tom every two or three weeks rather than some players we haven’t seen for two or three months 😀

Good luck to the Darts that are available this afternoon, hope they’re up for it !
KentC

Post by KentC »

I still have huge respect for TomB and all he’s done for us.
I liked King for many reasons.

I hope we stuff them 5-0 and ruin their day
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

There’s an interesting read in The Sun newspaper today page 34 if anyone is interested regarding Steve Kings strict rules at H&W . Apparently players are fined for such things as leaving the bar early after a game , talking back to the boss and speaking to fans online , and a player could be fined a weeks wages for commenting on club social media post . But by far the best one is players fined for not bringing in cakes when it’s their turn or bringing in bad choices 🤣 one fan has commented “ who would want to play for him ?” well TB does 🤣
KentC

Post by KentC »

Top Cat wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:55 am There’s an interesting read in The Sun newspaper today page 34 if anyone is interested regarding Steve Kings strict rules at H&W . Apparently players are fined for such things as leaving the bar early after a game , talking back to the boss and speaking to fans online , and a player could be fined a weeks wages for commenting on club social media post . But by far the best one is players fined for not bringing in cakes when it’s their turn or bringing in bad choices 🤣 one fan has commented “ who would want to play for him ?” well TB does 🤣

Well if you read it in the S*n you should know it’s more than likely utter sh*te and a pack of lies with at best less than half truths.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It was on twitter first and i believe posted by an ex player, The Sun have just reported on it again today.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'm gutted. This was my match to come up for especially as SK is now in charge of the oppo. I have nothing against him and was a fan of his.
Unfortunately I ended up at the William Harvey hospital this morning and have been watching the clock. Have now just got home and really don't fancy rushing up to the game.
Really pissed off by this but I hope we have it in the tank to turn this crowd over. I was really looking forward to seeing the King back at PP.
COYD'S.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Dean (Brassneck), if you get this can you put aside a programme for me please?I will reimburse you next time I'm up. Thanks.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Clare

Post by Clare »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:28 pm Dean (Brassneck), if you get this can you put aside a programme for me please?I will reimburse you next time I'm up. Thanks.
I’ve put one by in the club shop for you as Dean not here today.

Commentary today with Radio Kent. Click on the purple box at the top for the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67040327
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thanks Clare.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:28 pm Dean (Brassneck), if you get this can you put aside a programme for me please?I will reimburse you next time I'm up. Thanks.
Im not there I’m ill,there is always some left pop in to the programme shop behind where I sit Barry will have some.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:43 pm
Im not there I’m ill,there is always some left pop in to the programme shop behind where I sit Barry will have some.
Just seen what Clare said.🤣
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The thought was there Dean. 😁.
Had to go to the hospital this morning myself so I'm not at the game.
Pissed off with that I can tell you. And now to rub it in the sun's shining.😒🙄
MickW

Post by MickW »

Get well soon Dean
MickW

Post by MickW »

Is vaping allowed in the stadium? Second time recently someone is vaping near me.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

MickW wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Get well soon Dean
Thanks Mick,no vaping is not allowed.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1 nil, Nembhard.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Just back in from the Liverpool game and now tuned in to Radio Kent, only to find the Darts 1-0 up. Now keep it up Darts!! Thanks for the link too, Clare.

COYD
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Why is Woods on the bench? Each time I've seen him he has made a difference to the teams performance