Player news

Moderator: Gary C

rambo

Re: Player news

Post by rambo »

Good prospect and player in my eyes. Such a shame Dowse fell out with him. Good luck for the future Marvin Herschel
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

rambo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:17 pm Good prospect and player in my eyes. Such a shame Dowse fell out with him. Good luck for the future Marvin Herschel
Marvin had a attitude problem.
Spike

Post by Spike »

rambo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:17 pm Good prospect and player in my eyes. Such a shame Dowse fell out with him. Good luck for the future Marvin Herschel
That's an incorrect assumption Rambo. Dowse (and the club) tried very hard to keep Marvin in the fold, but there are certain expectations that go with playing for a club at this level and the lad just didn't uphold his side of the bargain.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

A player who never fulfilled his potential, he could’ve been a very good player if he had the right attitude, listened and was willing to learn but I guess he thought he knew best and now he’s lost out.

He could’ve gone on to bigger and better things a bit like a certain Ebou Adams, now where did he come from???
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Golding has been recalled by Oxford United today.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Golding gone to maidenhead on loan
The 5th Searcher

It makes no sense as he was one of our best defenders, unless he was unhappy at the club and the way things were going OR Oxford wanted him to start playing at a higher level albeit at a struggling club in the Vanerama Prem.

Maidenhead is a lot closer to Oxford as well.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Spike wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:57 pm
That's an incorrect assumption Rambo. Dowse (and the club) tried very hard to keep Marvin in the fold, but there are certain expectations that go with playing for a club at this level and the lad just didn't uphold his side of the bargain.
I agree with you Spike , I have made an assumption but many of the comments made by fellow fans on this forum are assumptions.
But the fact remains that Herschel is a player with great potential. Every time I saw him play I was not disappointed.
It’s obvious Dowse did not like it when he stopped behind thd goal to talk to fans or sign programs or whatever he did.
I have no idea how hard Dowse tried to get Marvin to “change his ways “ or how hard Marvin tried to “change his ways” but the fact is we have lost an exciting player with huge potential and as far as I am concerned that is sad and a loss to Dartford FC
I hope he flourishes elsewhere
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

And straight into their team v Altrincham tonight. Good luck to him. He'll be missed.
Also see they have a Sho-Silva in their side. Could he be the one playing for us a few years back, and who I think scored in the 1-5 Cup defeat v Swindon Town?
The 5th Searcher

BrianL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:59 pm And straight into their team v Altrincham tonight. Good luck to him. He'll be missed.
Also see they have a Sho-Silva in their side. Could he be the one playing for us a few years back, and who I think scored in the 1-5 Cup defeat v Swindon Town?
Looking at his club career on live Flashscore it doesn’t mention Dartford at all so I would say no.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:26 pm
BrianL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:59 pm And straight into their team v Altrincham tonight. Good luck to him. He'll be missed.
Looking at his club career on live Flashscore it doesn’t mention Dartford at all so I would say no.
Tobi Sho-Silva, who plays for Maidenhead, is the brother of Richard Sho-Silva who played for Dartford around 4 or 5 years ago. Richard retired from football a few years ago to become a doctor.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Thanks for the updates on the Sho-Silva brothers, lads. A decent player in a useful team then.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

According to Heybridge Swifts X, Tom Wray’s gone there on loan.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:58 am According to Heybridge Swifts X, Tom Wray’s gone there on loan.
If that's correct mate i think that's a really good move for Tom, he needs to play regular senior football.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:24 am
Tony H wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:58 am According to Heybridge Swifts X, Tom Wray’s gone there on loan.
If that's correct mate i think that's a really good move for Tom, he needs to play regular senior football.
They posted it, nothing from us but that’s nothing new. It is a good move for him but, unless we’ve brought another keeper on that leaves us with only one and no cover 🤷‍♂️
The Futures White

Tony H wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 am
They posted it, nothing from us but that’s nothing new. It is a good move for him but, unless we’ve brought another keeper on that leaves us with only one and no cover 🤷‍♂️
I seem to remember that he was on loan there last season for a few months. I wonder if he'll be allowed to play against Chatham today in the FA Trophy.
Skip

Post by Skip »

The Futures White wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:57 am
Tony H wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 am

I seem to remember that he was on loan there last season for a few months. I wonder if he'll be allowed to play against Chatham today in the FA Trophy.
Along with Lee Noble, Tom helped Heybridge into last season’s North play off final. I think they were really happy with his form.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
The Futures White

Josh Johnson, who we had on loan for short spell last season, has rejoined Dartford for another loan period.

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Tom Bonner’s signed for Havant & Waterlooville.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Well that was a short lived retirement ;) Kingy was able to persuade him back quite quickly too... makes you wonder what's the real story. Tom was a good servant to this club regardless, so just treat it as any other ex Dartford player we like.

Onwards darts