Alex Wall (Sub)
7%
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

Spike

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by Spike »

Although it wasn't anything special, at half-time I did feel that we had shown some improvement in the first half, knocking the ball about slightly better with fewer "ave it" launches into near orbit and maybe overall shading Welling's 6/10 performance with a 6½ of our own. During the interval I was wondering/hoping that maybe we could go on from here and perhaps this would be the start of a Darts revival. Looking back, I feel a little foolish to have been taken in by such a brief period of adequacy.

The second half saw Welling take control and Darts crumbled like a biscuit castle under siege by a Chieftain tank. Admittedly I was both delighted and a little confused when we briefly went 2-1 up but that goal, although well taken by Lewis, came from one of our more familiar long speculative punts and was completely against the run of play. After that, other than a little surge of micro-enthusiasm in the last 5 mins or so, we were pretty awful and showed very little backbone or character. Welling's inevitable equaliser came after their number 3 did what might as well have been 3 or 4 laps of the pitch without anyone putting in a challenge, before finally providing Papadopoulos with the opportunity to stick it away. At 2-2 we took it down another level and the inevitability of them scoring a third was so obvious, even David Blunkett would have seen it coming. It is heart-breaking to see how easily this team of ours falls apart as soon as something goes awry.

Oh well, Tonbridge Angels up next. See you all next week.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Facebook is saying we away to Maidstone Tommo is that right?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:33 pm Facebook is saying we away to Maidstone Tommo is that right?
yes youth fa cup.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Might go that , chance to see what’s coming thru
kingmarble

Post by kingmarble »

I'm a wellign fan, i can only feel sorry for the manager you have currently, with the same old hoof ball, we had to experience that last season with Warren feeney. I do think we deserved to win and I just can't help ignore how bad you attacking options look, the strikers just look big and tall but have no quality about them, same with the 28. All the best for the season except at Christmas time and hope the club can get back to normal
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I am a Season ticket holder but I have only been twice this season.
What I haven't seen in those two games is the Darts playing football.
I intend to go on Saturday but I am not expecting a lot.
The fans will vote with their feet if things don't improve.
It is far to soon to be talking about relegation but it cannot be ruled out.
A couple of pals who went to the Welling debacle have told me that it was the worst performance they have seen from a Darts team for many years.
Apathy seems to be creeping in and that is never a good thing..