Golden goal 18 minutes
DartfordHero

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by DartfordHero »

Bye Dowse. Thanks for the memories
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Such a sad comedown after a lovely day walking in sunny Outer Hebrides, seeing granddaughters birthday celebrations then coming in range of signal when 2-1.
Maybe not such a bad time to be moving away to the Peak District in 3 weeks time, although habits of a lifetime won't stop me looking in and dreaming from afar.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Fortunately I didn't go. :shock:
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We weren't as bad as previous matches, but the goals we conceded were criminal and ultimately we weren't good enough going forward.
The free kick for their first goal, Beeney is almost touching the post and he still concedes it that side
The 2nd goal we let their player run 40 yards before even attempting to put a foot in
Their 3rd goal was great football from them, a passing move and well worked goal.

The first half we played ok stuff, and felt we were controlling things up until their goal just before half time. Going in at 1-0 would've been fair.

The 2nd half we were poor overall with misplaced passes which led to us losing confidence in eachother and just punting balls long again, which ironically led to our equaliser. We got the ball into dangerous areas but just couldn't pick out the final ball, or missed the chance when it did come to us. Barzey has to score the one where he rattled the bar, and Luke has to hit the target from the edge of the box.

Our set piece delivery was awful today, something we have been good at this season.

We missed Harvey today.

We should've had 2 penalties in my opinion, the first handball on the line and the 2nd one where Lewis was blatantly tripped after turning his player.

I just don't know where we go from here now. Dowse seems to have lost the support of a fair chunk of the fans now and I just struggle to see a way back for him. I'm just not sure who we will get if the board do make the decision to part company with him.

Lewis Manor is my MOTM, worked very hard and took his goals well, he also held up the ball well to bring others into play.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Well according to Dowse he lost 5 players, has got 8 players injured, he’s got a completely new team oh and it’s difficult for every club to get their team right in these situations.
But don’t worry because Luke Allan, Max Statham & Tommy Block should all be back 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

4 defeats on the spin now but Dowse still doesn’t feel under pressure, he never feels under pressure and if anyone wants to put him under pressure then that’s their problem.

I think the guy is starting to lose his mind
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:38 pm We weren't as bad as previous matches, but the goals we conceded were criminal and ultimately we weren't good enough going forward.
The free kick for their first goal, Beeney is almost touching the post and he still concedes it that side
The 2nd goal we let their player run 40 yards before even attempting to put a foot in
Their 3rd goal was great football from them, a passing move and well worked goal.

The first half we played ok stuff, and felt we were controlling things up until their goal just before half time. Going in at 1-0 would've been fair.

The 2nd half we were poor overall with misplaced passes which led to us losing confidence in eachother and just punting balls long again, which ironically led to our equaliser. We got the ball into dangerous areas but just couldn't pick out the final ball, or missed the chance when it did come to us. Barzey has to score the one where he rattled the bar, and Luke has to hit the target from the edge of the box.

Our set piece delivery was awful today, something we have been good at this season.

We missed Harvey today.

We should've had 2 penalties in my opinion, the first handball on the line and the 2nd one where Lewis was blatantly tripped after turning his player.

I just don't know where we go from here now. Dowse seems to have lost the support of a fair chunk of the fans now and I just struggle to see a way back for him. I'm just not sure who we will get if the board do make the decision to part company with him.

Lewis Manor is my MOTM, worked very hard and took his goals well, he also held up the ball well to bring others into play.

We had a good 10 mins at the end and periods in the first half but the majority we was outplayed and made them look like a class above.

They were a footballing side and they were over 90 mins miles ahead of us.
We can not keep dressing this up.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

After 60+ years of supporting DFC I really couldn’t be bothered to drag myself to Princes Park this afternoon for more hoofball.
I think it’s a very sad situation, another early exit in the FA Cup, but more worrying is the league position and standard of football with very poor consecutive results.
Not sure this season will end well with these performances as too many players not good enough and too injury prone 😡

We need a total rethink - but what do I know I’m just another forum idiot!
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Two very poor sides playing out a match that Welling just about deserved to win. 0-0 would probably have been the right score, except for their third goal which was real football. Slick passiong on the deck and good movement. Other than that, Welling were much better at playing the referee. We had four free kicks for fouls all match. I expect the Welling count exceeded twenty. That the best save of the match was made by a Welling defender says it all.

I do not know where we go from here. I understand why some are choosing to stay away until something improves and I find that approach difficult to argue with. I actually do not care who picks the team each week, but I want to see something resembling football on the pitch. Sometimes the long ball will be the right ball, but not almost every time.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Wellings third goal was the sort of goal the Darts were scoring a few seasons ago .Oh for the “Darcelona ” of yesteryear instead of The Dog and Duck hoofball hit and hope garbage we’ve been subjected to so far this season . Talk of budgets and players injured is just paving over the obvious cracks in that we don’t possess that many or if any good footballing pacy players who are confident enough to run at defences and who could cause the sort of problems in what is suppose to be an average Welling side caused us today ? Rant over for now and hopefully not another one next week when we take on the Mighty Tonbridge Angels .
Dicky Dart

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 202

Post by Dicky Dart »

Didn’t play that badly, in fact 1st half we knocked it around a bit. Even the long balls were won. 2nd half not so good. But to honest things go deeper. We have no one who can tackle. We have plenty who are supposed to create but no ball-winner. I presume Jordan Wynter is supposed to do that job, but he doesn’t. We’re so weak in the centre of the pitch that the opposition has a free rein. We put ourselves under pressure by not winning battles. It’s the Flanagan & Coyle era all over again. Added to a severe lack of desire means the opposition needs to be very very poor do us to ovecome them. Without these fundamentals we’d struggle in any league.

Thinking about it, it reminds me of Weymouth last season. They’d come down from the Premier but still struggled. At home we beat them 3-0 but they were far from the worst football team; they just had no spine. We have no spine, and will do well to stay up. Sadly this is all the manager’s making, and nothing will change until we have a new manager.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

My day , got up at five, went to work , rushed round , paid someone to finish my job, got home got changed , bargained with the wife to drop me up princess park, time for one pint , watched lots of e devour halftime 1/1. Can’t get a drink half-time because of ques, watch Welling dominate and take the piss ( there third was brilliant) our response throw on Wall ,the end was nigh. Let’s be honest Dowse got a two year contract we can’t afford to get rid of him and he’s happy collecting his wedge even if it’s infront of three fans, which it will be soon . Going to bed and if he hasn’t resigned in morning I fear the worst
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Wasn’t there today cos of work. For once I’m glad I had to work. Our small group said it was pretty crap again. Blinking flip! He has to go! Tom Bonner for manager anyone?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:48 pm Wasn’t there today cos of work. For once I’m glad I had to work. Our small group said it was pretty crap again. Blinking flip! He has to go! Tom Bonner for manager anyone?
Bonner was actually there today, warming up and sitting near the bench.

But no, not manager. IF we are going to change. Get someone in with experience who's going to take us forward as a club. Don't put Burman back in, and I saw Rod Stringer's name mentioned on another thread, don't let him anywhere near this football club or that will be me done.
KentC

Post by KentC »

watched lots of e devour halftime 1/1. Can’t get a drink half-time because of ques, watch Welling dominate and take the piss ( there third was brilliant) our response throw on Wall ,the end was nigh. Let’s be honest Dowse got a two year contract we can’t afford to get rid of him and he’s happy collecting his wedge even if it’s infront of three fans, which it will be soon . Going to bed and if he hasn’t resigned in morning I fear the worst
[/quote]

Totally agree with your analysis
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

A couple of days ago I posted that I was pretty fed up with the current displays and wouldnt bother with the Welling match but probably make the effort for the Tonbridge game , with feedback from my guys at the game and the forum comments then unless anything changes dramatically then I wont bother !!

I actually enjoyed my day today , skirting around lots of football sites [ amongst other things] as I couldnt really see how things would magically change at Dartford and there is a "football world " outside Dartford FC

ALL I want to see is decent football played [ losing on occasions doesnt bother me ] but watching very poor football with no sign of it changing does , I am hoping upon hope that things will eventually change ????????

Just over 1000 fans for a local Derby says it all !!!!!
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Absolutely Shocking, one of the worst Dartford Teams I have ever seen. We have 4 Big Forwards who have No Pace, No Ball Carriers, No Creation, No system apart from lumping the Ball long. Welling was as poor as us first Half and then their confidence built seeing what they was up against and a 3-2 defeat in the end flattered us score wise.
The recruitment has been a disaster and I really don't know where we go from here because simply the Players are not Good enough and with this squad this Season is just going to be a Relegation battle.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

At least we scored two at home. That's about it really.😕
rambo

Post by rambo »

We played a tiny bit better than usual and played hoofball s tiny bit less
Both because Charlie started the game. He can actually deal with a high ball. He can flick it on or pass’s it or hold the ball up
The hoof ball was a tiny bit less because his presence encouraged others to pass the ball
We didn’t get much luck at 2-2 I knew we would lose the game
We never lose to welling but we did today , I reckon they had 40% of the fans and my conclusion is that our home fans will drop a tiny big each game until things improve
I can see non local games attracting 800 or less fans and that has to be something the Board need to be concerned with
I had to give motm to Lewis as he scored two goals , however he did nothing else although you only want goals from strikers. I wanted to give it to Baris as he did his job and played some decent football and passed the ball, which is a tiny bit unusual for a Dartford player
A tiny bit pissed off I am
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I’m going to say it, and not dither around the subject! Enough’s enough! Dowson goes, end of and, unless he does the honourable thing and resign, the Board must take action. Yes the players have to take some responsibility but the book must always stop at the manager and he’s said often enough that he does it his way and will ever change.

Please don’t give another post-match load of bollocks. Just pack your bags and bugger off!

Many a manager would jump at the chance of managing Dartford so I don’t go with the “what will we do” mullarky.

I wait to see what happens overnight/ during the week and I will be there at PP cheering the team on against Tonbridge. Time now for change, no more chances!