Alex Wall (Sub)
7%
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

Tony H

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by Tony H »

Firstly, to Lara Resort - yes there is God.

Anyway, just listened to Dowse’s midweek. I like the man, proper working-class guy with strong moral values. His job, however, is mainly to manage the first team at Dartford and get us results. I’m certain that the Board want promotion for the club, as has been the case in the 6 years I’ve supported the Darts. Is Dowse the right man to deliver, particularly on our showing this calendar year (since January) let alone this current season?

Putting sentiment aside, how long should Dowse be given to prove he’s the right man for the job. Many said, after our dismal pre-season, let’s see where we are after 10 games. Tomorrow is the 10th! The decision whether to stick or twist rests with the Board.

I really do want Dowse to succeed at the club. He’s a good man yet he’s still to prove to us that he’s a good manager.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:49 pm I don't agree at all with those saying Dowse should go if we lose Saturday, however respect their opinion and can understand somewhat why they feel that way.

He's a great manager and has proven credentials not only with other clubs but also with us last season. The board have just given him a new 2 year deal so believe he is the man to take us forward. We're only 6 points off the playoffs, and only 9 games into the season. Sacking a manager, especially someone of Dowse's pedigree this early on I do not agree with one bit.

Of course we're allowed to be concerned, and question certain aspects of his management as well as this seasons recruitment. But I believe if anyone can turn this around then we have the right man in charge and there is plenty of time to do so.

I'll be there Saturday, and hope that this is finally the year of a cup run. However Welling under Bloor are not to be underestimated as from everything I have read they seem to be playing well just missing firepower up front.

COYD

6 points from playoffs and level on points with team in relegation zone. 5 from last place.
Two ways to look at it after 9 games.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Apathy, that is what I have heard from at least 4 supporters that I know.
They are not annoyed , they are .not wanting the manager out they are simply passed caring
This is not good and unless we give these people some exciting football then they will.be be gone .
I have to be honest I have only seen 2 home games this season due to holidays and covid etc.The sad thing is that it has not really bothered me because something is missing on the pitch when I have watched the team.
DESIRE one little word but that is what is lacking imo.My message to the team.....
Stop.going through the motions and start.giving your all.this is DARTFORD FC.
Wear the shirt with pride
Skip

Post by Skip »

M1 South wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:50 am Yours Sincerely
Dave Allen !!
Only those of a certain vintage will appreciate this, M1. But then again that will probably be most of the posters on here! 😂
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Spike

Post by Spike »

Ozytalksbull wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:45 pm People are suggesting here the corporate side isn’t working very well??
The club have alienated the young fans???
The manager isn’t doing his job???
Sorry but it’s the board who are to blame
Long term fans walked and people that went home and away and spent money in the bar and club shop walked
Unfortunately Dartford fc will go no further with this board in place fact
It’s time for a change a board level and a new direction then the locals who have walked away might return
Sad but that’s an honest opinion not and old boys appreciation society one
I agree ...

but only with your name. ;)
Last edited by Spike on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I agree with Spike, the post has a certain twang to it. It seems he can't let it go. :)
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Tony, I like your optimism. Also, my mother was an optimist, she wanted a girl. It's Lars.😁
Spike

Post by Spike »

Whilst I think our club is generally run very well, having read through the more sensible posts, I think there are a fair few points raised and I am reminded of some things we could do better. I have yet to speak to a single person who doesn't think the website has always been terrible. It's been mentioned so many times on here and there have been a few token gestures made at improving it, but the only conclusion you can draw is that the club just don't seem to think it's a very high priority. It is often wrong, always out of date, not at all user friendly and utterly useless as a source of information. You can't even rely on things like the "Next match" being correct. Whilst on the subject of the next match, I agree with the poster who said that the "next match" board at the gate is often not changed soon enough, or sometime not at all. That's not good enough either.

That said, the media team who do the commentaries and videos are absolutely superb, so it's not all bad.

The only major problem we have right now is that the team are not performing. I say ONLY, but I acknowledge that it is the single most important thing of all. Sure, gates are down a little, but that is because the team are neither winning nor entertaining to watch. Fix this problem and people will be back. Nevertheless, those thinking about this game potentially being Dowse's last or that he maybe has two or three more games to fix things are fooling themselves. There is more chance of completing a mission to the sun in a chocolate spaceship than there is of Dowse being dismissed any time soon. Nor should there be. We are only 9 games in having finished 2nd just a few months ago. The guy has a good track record, he says he will sort it out so let's help as much we can. He will be here at the very least until the end of the season so the best thing we can all do is get behind him and the team.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'd like it said that I wasn't suggesting we gather behind any Stands baying for Dowse to be sacked. 🤐
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm I agree with Spike, the post has a certain twang to it. It seems he can't let it go. :)
Maybe he is just frozen in time.🤪
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:33 pm First of all, with reference to my observations regarding the AGM/Meet the manager evening, this was not a personal criticism of Rick, regarding the locking of a match thread prior to the scheduled Q&A at 7pm.

Following Gary as site administrator was a hard act to follow and Rick has excelled himself in the role and is doing a commendable job. Long may it continue.

My concern is the manager's willingness to meet supporters regarding earlier comments leaving some of them feeling like they were being referred to as idiots.

Admittedly we've had a poor start to the season and this certainly doesn't help the situation.
And when I read posts by people who have been accused of being rose tinted in the past, and are clearly not happy, then it's time to sit up and listen.

Sometimes you have to ask questions which, although may not be popular at the time, may ultimately save a business in the long term.

I'm in Dartford town centre most days and spend a lot of time listening to supporters and their views on the club.

Currently trending are, "the club's too cliquey", "it's a closed shop", "the board have no ambition", "the directors won't spend any money and won't step aside for anyone who will" to last but not least, "the manager doesn't know what he's doing".

It's hardly gone unnoticed that our attendances have fallen between 200 to 300 over the past two years. This, while local clubs around us have enjoyed significant increases in support during the same time.
I know supporters who have supported the club for many years, who have recently stopped going due to being unhappy and frustrated by how the club is being run.
I also know there are quite a few who won't be attending this weekend's FA Cup tie with Welling either.
Because they are either not happy with the style of play, our recent poor form in cup games or both.
Also, season ticket holders will have to cough up £16 quid to risk seeing more of the same.

So how about this. For those who are disgruntled, disillusioned and not currently enjoying the football on display, why not give yourselves a break?

This Sunday the girls kick off at 3pm at home to Enfield Town. Admission £4. Champions Bar and burger bar available.

They proudly boast a 100% start to the season.
Home wins against Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 and Fulham 2-1 with away victories at Dorking 6-1 and Millwall Lioness 2-1.
I understand London City Lionesses are away this weekend so our ladies will likely be playing on the main pitch.

Boycotting the FA Cup will be a massive statement while giving the girls a bumper pay day with an increased attendance their terrific start to the season deserves. Hopefully it will lead to a further increase in their attendances for the rest of the season.
We'll still be supporting DFC too.

Infact it could go down in Dartford folklore as
SUPER SUNDAY.

So why not get behind the girls this weekend and help them make it 5/5.
Thats 2 minutes of my life i wont get back.🥱🥱
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

BRASSNECK wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:39 pm
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:33 pm First of all, with reference to my observations regarding the AGM/Meet the manager evening, this was not a personal criticism of Rick, regarding the locking of a match thread prior to the scheduled Q&A at 7pm.

Following Gary as site administrator was a hard act to follow and Rick has excelled himself in the role and is doing a commendable job. Long may it continue.

My concern is the manager's willingness to meet supporters regarding earlier comments leaving some of them feeling like they were being referred to as idiots.

Admittedly we've had a poor start to the season and this certainly doesn't help the situation.
And when I read posts by people who have been accused of being rose tinted in the past, and are clearly not happy, then it's time to sit up and listen.

Sometimes you have to ask questions which, although may not be popular at the time, may ultimately save a business in the long term.

I'm in Dartford town centre most days and spend a lot of time listening to supporters and their views on the club.

Currently trending are, "the club's too cliquey", "it's a closed shop", "the board have no ambition", "the directors won't spend any money and won't step aside for anyone who will" to last but not least, "the manager doesn't know what he's doing".

It's hardly gone unnoticed that our attendances have fallen between 200 to 300 over the past two years. This, while local clubs around us have enjoyed significant increases in support during the same time.
I know supporters who have supported the club for many years, who have recently stopped going due to being unhappy and frustrated by how the club is being run.
I also know there are quite a few who won't be attending this weekend's FA Cup tie with Welling either.
Because they are either not happy with the style of play, our recent poor form in cup games or both.
Also, season ticket holders will have to cough up £16 quid to risk seeing more of the same.

So how about this. For those who are disgruntled, disillusioned and not currently enjoying the football on display, why not give yourselves a break?

This Sunday the girls kick off at 3pm at home to Enfield Town. Admission £4. Champions Bar and burger bar available.

Home wins against Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 and Fulham 2-1 with away victories at Dorking 6-1 and Millwall Lioness 2-1.
I understand London City Lionesses are away this weekend so our ladies will likely be playing on the main pitch.

Boycotting the FA Cup will be a massive statement while giving the girls a bumper pay day with an increased attendance their terrific start to the season deserves. Hopefully it will lead to a further increase in their attendances for the rest of the season.

SUPER SUNDAY.

Better than losing 90+ though 🙂
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:34 pm Tony, I like your optimism. Also, my mother was an optimist, she wanted a girl. It's Lars.😁
My sincere apologies sir. I was so optimistic that auto-correct wouldn’t change it, then again again once I corrected it after editing my post BUT, after clicking submit the machine still changed the s to an a.

Eternal optimist me lol. Please don’t be offended.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

ozymandias wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:21 pm I agree with Spike, the post has a certain twang to it. It seems he can't let it go. :)
Sorry is this some kind of dig at somebody having an opinion..let it go
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:48 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:39 pm

SUPER SUNDAY.

Better than losing 90+ though 🙂
You won’t be losing 90+ minutes will you as you are boycotting the game.🤪
Spike

Post by Spike »

I can respect other people's opinions without having to agree with them, but the stuff Ajaxman posted was (fair enough) done in such a way as to suggest they were not necessarily all his views, but anecdotal views of "supporters" he's met in the town. Some of those comments are subjective so we can all make our own minds up about whether or not we agree that "the manager doesn't know what he's doing", but I did wonder how anyone could come up with the notion that "the directors won't spend any money and won't step aside for anyone who will". We have balance sheets and accounting that shows former isn't true and as for the latter, as far as I'm aware NOBODY with vast sums of money to spend has ever tried to join the board and been denied. If I'm wrong I will stand corrected. Does anyone seriously want us to go out on a limb and spend money we don't have? When this club went under and was reformed by 400 or so loyal fans, the people who took charge were determined never to make the sort of mistakes made by their predecessors. Basically our business model has been spend as much as you can afford, try as hard as you can and go as far as you can ... but never over-stretch. That seems a good policy to me.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Ozytalksbull and Ajaxman have both made posts ( that I don’t agree with ) and theyve had a few sarcastic digs at them.

So all this shite that people go on about respecting others opinions even if they disagree or not, or not having a dig if they don’t agree Is a load of rubbish.

For the record I don’t agree with them.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

So, football. Marvellous, isn’t it? Jumpers for goalposts? Julio Geordio in charge? Local FA cup derby? Black and white army? Bickering on the forums? Sack the manager? Sack the board? Watch Gravesend ladies play lacrosse instead? Mummy, mummy, where’s the cyanide? Oh, heavenly nirvana.

Football? Isn’t it? Wasn’t it? Marvellous.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

No stifling heat, no water breaks. A proper 110 minutes of football and hopefully no hoofball. 🎯🎯🎯
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Man of the Match poll will be late today.