Alex Wall (Sub)
7%
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

rambo

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by rambo »

I respect everyone’s opinion and I am not totally against what Ajax says. He is entitled to say what he feels
I would never boycott the club but the fact is some people are
We have great facilities at PP far better than most clubs at this level. Our attendance figures should improve year on year but I reckon our average is at least 200 down
from what it should be
We have also alienated a generation of young fans because the club had no idea how to deal with a few yobs
The quality of football being played is dire, I have been supporting the club since the late 70’s and the present is definitely the worst I have witnessed and as far as I am concerned that is the fault of one man and his coaching staff.
Get it sorted or go please
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Both Golding and Diarra have been given permission by their clubs to play for Dartford in the FA Cup. No news on whether Woods will be allowed to play but as he is on a season long loan it shouldn't be an issue.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Hmmmm. Can’t agree with boycotting like that. I did personally boycott St Albans. I could have gone but chose not to because I knew I’d be disappointed again. And go home angry! And wasn’t prepared to ‘fork out’ for more crap. I’m missing a few games now but only because of work commitments. I’m firmly behind the Board and I think they do a good job. Communications to fans could be better, as could the food option. IMHO Dowse is the only problem and I’d like to see him do the honourable thing.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Yes, attendances may not be where we need or want them to be considering our facilities and ambitions, however our social media hasn't advertised this FA Cup game once and we are 2 days away. Considering it's a local derby, and the FA Cup is always chance to get a good gate I'm shocked at the fact we don't seem to be promoting it and pushing it to as many people as possible. Looking at Welling's social media every other day since their last game they have been promoting it.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Dfc’s social media, website & general information, advertising avenues are truly abysmal !!
The amount of times I drive past the ground & it’s still advertising the last home game played instead of the upcoming one!!
It’s little things like this that could make a difference to the attendance I’m sure?
And yes I do agree with the knee jerk reaction another poster mentioned regarding the treatment of the yoof supporters who started to accumulate & made themselves heard, but were treated with an instant Dfc iron glove as opposed to a firm kick up their jacksy’s which I feel would have had a much better effect/result for all concerned!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

As quite a long term fan I used to be almost on my " last legs " to miss a game and along with others pulled many strokes to get to games versus family do's etc , the difference is this season [and even latter part of last season] is that the "football " served up by Dowse's teams have been dire and NOT worth the entrance fee . this season he had plenty of time and budget to get a good squad in and to date its even worse and I have have got fed up watching that crap and really currently only go for the craic with fellow fans and somewhere to go and just a vain hope that it will change ???????

I bought a season ticket in good faith and want the Darts to do well but currently I cant get very enthusiastic about a visit to PP and will not be at the Welling game although I will probably[ health permitting] be at Tonbridge game !!!!

I believe the board have ensured that Dartford is a well run Club and we should be grateful that we will survive for many years which is more than can be said for several other local " jokers " I can think of !!!!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

M1 South wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:42 am Dfc’s social media, website & general information, advertising avenues are truly abysmal !!
The amount of times I drive past the ground & it’s still advertising the last home game played instead of the upcoming one!!
It’s little things like this that could make a difference to the attendance I’m sure?
And yes I do agree with the knee jerk reaction another poster mentioned regarding the treatment of the yoof supporters who started to accumulate & made themselves heard, but were treated with an instant Dfc iron glove as opposed to a firm kick up their jacksy’s which I feel would have had a much better effect/result for all concerned!!
It has to be said, our matchday coverage on twitter and commentary is probably the best in the league. However everything else could be improved which as you say could lead to a few more regular attendees.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Agree with Duke in all that he said but we may have to survive with a well run club in the Isthmian league the way this season is going. 😳
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

It’s becoming obvious defeat Saturday and pushed or walked Dowse has to go
KentC

Post by KentC »

I wouldn’t disagree with the opinions on Dowse needing to go after Welling if it’s a negative result.
I trust in the background the board have a plan B if he does.
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

Mark Sweet wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:20 am Yes, attendances may not be where we need or want them to be considering our facilities and ambitions, however our social media hasn't advertised this FA Cup game once and we are 2 days away. Considering it's a local derby, and the FA Cup is always chance to get a good gate I'm shocked at the fact we don't seem to be promoting it and pushing it to as many people as possible. Looking at Welling's social media every other day since their last game they have been promoting it.
Totally agree with this - but this is not new is it ? Many of us have been talking about this for years and still nothing changes 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was a sponsor 10 years ago for a while but did not renew due to the poor website, general lack of drive from the club and media related things

I also so hope we get back playing proper football again coz it’s depressing me at the moment - hate saying that

I will be on holiday Saturday but will obviously be looking at the twitter page or this site

I’ve missed few games at PP since returning in 2006 but this currently feels like a new low 😞

Come on you Darts
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Lennylenny wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:27 pm It’s becoming obvious defeat Saturday and pushed or walked Dowse has to go
I think that is just a bit of wishful thinking on your part, as well as a few more on here. Anyway, for someone who has been black balled by the club you seemed to have quite a bit to say for yourself.

Really hope Dowse proves you wrong, we can do without all your negativity on this subject. People have short memories, even with Kingy we played some poor football for around 5 months after that FA Cup exit. We also went a season and a quarter of dire football with Coyle & Flanagan, which again was far worse than present. Personally, I think we have some good players and no team has given us a good seeing to as yet and I think we will eventually put a run of results together. Saturday is a good place to start, so let's all be positive.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Would just like to repeat that this is a results game and, if we were to win the majority of games 1-0 (in the style of the Arsenal team that won the League under George Graham), playing the sort of route one football that we are having to endure this season, then so be it!!! By we’re not winning games and haven’t looked likely to win games either.

My opinion - lose on Saturday and Dowse must go, but I’ll be there supporting the team and really hope we can kick-start our season with a win.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

People are suggesting here the corporate side isn’t working very well??
The club have alienated the young fans???
The manager isn’t doing his job???
Sorry but it’s the board who are to blame
Long term fans walked and people that went home and away and spent money in the bar and club shop walked
Unfortunately Dartford fc will go no further with this board in place fact
It’s time for a change a board level and a new direction then the locals who have walked away might return
Sad but that’s an honest opinion not and old boys appreciation society one
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I don't agree at all with those saying Dowse should go if we lose Saturday, however respect their opinion and can understand somewhat why they feel that way.

He's a great manager and has proven credentials not only with other clubs but also with us last season. The board have just given him a new 2 year deal so believe he is the man to take us forward. We're only 6 points off the playoffs, and only 9 games into the season. Sacking a manager, especially someone of Dowse's pedigree this early on I do not agree with one bit.

Of course we're allowed to be concerned, and question certain aspects of his management as well as this seasons recruitment. But I believe if anyone can turn this around then we have the right man in charge and there is plenty of time to do so.

I'll be there Saturday, and hope that this is finally the year of a cup run. However Welling under Bloor are not to be underestimated as from everything I have read they seem to be playing well just missing firepower up front.

COYD
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Jonty if u look at my posts they are very positive about the club , volunteers, bar etc ,even some players I have only been negative towards the football I pay to watch , and I’m not alone on that am I? Blackballed by club? Didn’t seem very blackballed when talking to Steve Irving at averly or on terraces at Slough, in fact got more warmth and hugs than I do at home !! It’s surprising on a thread about attendances anyone should feel discouraged to go , thankfully I got thick everything so take it with pinch of salt , anyway no worries and may your god go with u
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Yours Sincerely
Dave Allen !!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

There's a God???
No matter what happens at PP in the next few weeks I don't think there's been one match under the reign of Dowse that I have been excited by the football.
But if the board think he's the answer then so be it..
Gone are the days of supporter power that when they were unhappy the board knew because the supporters were at the ground letting them know.. Not on websites or social media.
This is a good place to let off steam. Mostly at each other but , I'm sorry to say, a lot of it is becoming a yawn .
Anyway,
Let's hope we get a win tomorrow cos I'd hate to think what it's going to be like Saturday evening.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Lars Resort mentions
Gone are the days of supporter power that when they were unhappy the board knew because the supporters were at the ground letting them know..
Not sure of the time you have been supporting The Darts but I'm sure many of the fans will recall "Biddle Out Biddle Out" being shouted by a large group of fans behind the main stand at Watling Street after losing the game 0-2 to Enfield.
He took charge as manager 6th May 1981 and Resigned 10th October 1981 early into the season with only 1 win 1 draw and 8 loses in 10 league games
and Darts went on to finish the Alliance League season second from bottom and were relegated to the Southern League Premier
If fans are going to protest then not this type of action but much better to air their views on this forum in house whatever their thoughts.
Just my opinion and I am not one who is currently calling for the manager to resign and would like to give him more time to get the team working together with a 100% commitment in each game and nothing less so this cup game will be a good test of whether or not the players are up for it.
Just for the Biddle record around the same time early into the September season Darts drew in the cup at home to Redhill and lost the replay so let's get the win tomorrow.
Last edited by Trevor B on Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

It’s been pretty shite to this point so maybe , just maybe a good cup run is the answer to get the season back on track. Good win tomorrow in front of a decent crowd may just get things going again….