Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 20

Lennylenny

Re: St Albans City v Dartford Sat 9 Sep 2023

Post by Lennylenny »

Tom Bonner would motivate the players and the crowd but has he contacts or the time ? There are hundreds of ex pros , gifted coaches who would love our budget , our set up , our volunteers etc.We need to get the youth back behind the goal, encourage people to come and watch football not hoofball.Dartford is a brilliant place to watch football we just need a manager who understands it’s 2023 and not one who reminds me of the sports master in Kes.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:03 pm We are only 11 points behind the leaders. 🎯
only 6 points off what we were after 9 games last season.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Tony H wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:58 pm I’m sure Andy Hessenthaler could be tempted too!
I can’t see that he would give up his role as Head of Recruitment at Gillingham to take over at Dartford plus he would probably want too much money. He didn’t do the best of jobs at Dover.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:09 pm Tom Bonner would motivate the players and the crowd but has he contacts or the time ? There are hundreds of ex pros , gifted coaches who would love our budget , our set up , our volunteers etc.We need to get the youth back behind the goal, encourage people to come and watch football not hoofball.Dartford is a brilliant place to watch football we just need a manager who understands it’s 2023 and not one who reminds me of the sports master in Kes.
😂 👏
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

How about giving Jolley a go at the main job? As others have said he comes across really well in the interviews and maybe has different ideas which aren’t being listened too
Nin

Post by Nin »

rather then the geordie midget giving us another car crash post match interview, put jolley on.
fine them all being on after we have won which is rare but lets hear it from him after we have lost - again.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

No Ball Carriers, 4 Strikers up front all the same rolled into one and with no pace, a Horrific Summer Recruitment. At least there will no Disappointing Play Off Defeat this season.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

It is not only because we are losing but the football is dire.
I have nothing against Dowse but at the moment we are only going one way and it ain't. Upwards.
I am not enjoying what we are dishing up and this campaign is stuttering along and has no direction
Our board will be aware of the situation but I do.believe that Dowse should be given a little while longer..
But have no doubts about it our manager is under pressure and his teams non performances are the problem.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Using last season's league table as a guideline.
30 x Dowse post-match interviews = relegation.
Based on loses ofcourse. But failure to win games and we won't get away with much more than that.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Babylon wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:23 pm It is not only because we are losing but the football is dire.
I have nothing against Dowse but at the moment we are only going one way and it ain't. Upwards.
I am not enjoying what we are dishing up and this campaign is stuttering along and has no direction
Our board will be aware of the situation but I do.believe that Dowse should be given a little while longer..
But have no doubts about it our manager is under pressure and his teams non performances are the problem.
I agree Dowse needs to be given a little longer. But results must change and fast.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:14 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:03 pm We are only 11 points behind the leaders. 🎯
only 6 points off what we were after 9 games last season.
I admire the optimism but also 5 points off 24th!
Deanl1988

Post by Deanl1988 »

rick wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:43 pm
I'm not sure i watched the same game as dowse today. Yes we had a couple of chances but St Albans played round us with ease at times and if they wanted could of gone up another gear. It's worrying time's, 27 games since Jan 1st and we have won 11, lost 18 and drawn 8 with 51 conceded and 49 scored in all competitions including pre season. I think Tuesdays meet the manager will be interesting if the club let it go ahead.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Whilst we are consistently dull to watch, I do agree with Dowse that we were unlucky to lose this game. A draw would have been a fair result. That said, the fact that he is "delighted with the performance " does worry me.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

https://www.dartfordfc.com/match-report ... artford-0/

Dartford were unfortunate to leave Clarence Park with nothing, after putting in an excellent effort in extreme weather conditions.

With more than 1,500 supporters enjoying the sunshine, things on the pitch proved to be far more challenging, as both sets of players struggled to cope with the excessive heat.

But, with a five-minute water break during each half, a game of football was indeed played… albeit a tight one.

The Saints started the brighter of the two sides, as an injury-ravaged Dartford took a little bit of time getting used to a different formation. And, it was the hosts who created the first opportunity in only the second minute… Gio Rasulo’s deep cross intended for Michael Clark almost catching out Mitchell Beeney at his far post, only to drop narrowly wide instead.

The Darts responded well and earned their first corner of the afternoon seven minutes later, which Archie Woods sent into the St Albans box. Moussa Diarra reached it first, but his header was cleared in the nick of time (9).

With conditions clearly taking their toll, referee Mr Harry Jones stopped play in the 25th minute to allow for a drinks break. The stoppage worked, as the hosts became more adventurous going forward. Only a superb interception by Moussa Diarra prevented Rasulo’s pass from reaching Jack James, who had made an excellent run into the danger area (32).

Gio Rasulo was certainly causing a few problems for the visitors, and he thought he’d scored three minutes later, only for the goal to be ruled out for offside (35).

The Darts soon came alive in the final third themselves shortly afterwards, as the excellent Baris Altintop found Tyrell Miller-Rodney with a delightful cross, which was flicked narrowly wide of Michael Johnson’s upright by the latter (38).

Then, deep into stoppage time at the end of the half, the Darts were extremely unlucky to have not edged themselves in front. And Lewis Manor was at the centre of the action…

First he got on the end of Archie Woods’ corner, only to see his powerful header smack back off the St Albans crossbar (45+4). Seconds later, he was found once again inside the opposition’s box, but failed to find the target on this occasion (45+5).

The visitors started the second-half on the front-foot, but once again Lady Luck deserted them, as Michael Johnson pulled off a superb save to prevent Harvey Bradbury from giving his side a deserved lead (48).

Five minutes later saw the goalkeeper at it again, as he was quick off the mark to thwart Baris Altintop (53), before the hosts got their noses in front.

And, it was Gio Rasulo who provided the killer pass which saw Mitchell Weiss through the Dartford defence. With just the goalkeeper to beat, the Saint made no mistake to open the scoring (57).

The Darts responded well once again and a mix-up should have been duly punished. Sam Brown caused confusion when his back pass to Johnson was too short. Harvey Bradbury nicked the ball and, with the goalkeeper in no-man’s land, sent a delightful thirty-yard strike towards goal… only to see the ball smack back off the crossbar… again (67)!

That action was then followed by another five-minute water break in the 70th minute, before Alan Dowson made his first substitution of the afternoon. Charlie Sheringham was the player to come on, as Tyrell Miller-Rodney came off (81). That was soon followed by Luke Coulson replacing Sam Odaudu (83), as the Darts chased an equaliser.

However, it was the hosts who managed to create the best opportunity to score during the closing stages, and Rasulo was involved once again. Only on this occasion, he was the grateful recipient of a terrific pass by Ben Wyatt which sent him through on goal. One-on-one with Mitchell Beeney, it was the Dartford goalkeeper who won this battle with a fine save to keep the deficit at one (90+4).

Yet, the hosts held on to close out the game and seal the points. As for Alan Dowson and the Darts? They can all be proud of their performance under difficult circumstances in a game that could of swung either way. Perhaps with a little bit of luck, the result may have been completely different.

TEAMS

ST ALBANS CITY: Michael Johnson, Jack James, Sam Brown, Ben Smith, Michael Clark, Ryan Blackman (c), Gio Rasulo, Mitchell Weiss, Andronicos Georgiou, Nathan Carlyle, Ben Wyatt.

SUBSTITUTES: Dan Bowry, Shaun Jeffers, Bobby Dunn, Dylan Fage, Olu Lawal.

DARTFORD: Mitchell Beeney, Moussa Diarra, James Golding, Joash Nembhard (c), Sam Odaudu, Baris Altintop, Jordan Wynter, Tyrell Miller-Rodney, Archie Woods, Harvey Bradbury, Lewis Manor.

SUBSTITUTES: George Whitefield, Charlie Sheringham, Tom Wray, Luke Coulson, Marvin Herschel.

Chris Palmer
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

I haven’t posted on the forum for many years
So here goes……. The blame lays squarely with the board nobody else
They have made some terrible decisions and appointments over the last few years
Many people voted with their feet many seasons ago
Once Mr Burman stepped aside the appointments have been a complete disaster
I last stepped into PP some seven years ago
As with many regular fans I decided not to go
But that doesn’t mean I haven’t stopped following results or reading the comments here

Some have been laughable every week
“The ref was crap”
“ we should of played this formation “
It’s all about opinions but you cannot defend the old boys club of directors at the club, oh you might say Mr Burman is one , but ultimately he wasn’t holding the purse strings
When the club was within a whisker of league football what happened?
Bonner sold champion sold and no real chance over reaching the league
The board should of given Mr Burman the money to have made a real push for it
But they decided not to take the risk, in turn what’s happened? Many people voted with there feet and walked away
I watched Dfc from the moment PP opened travelling home and away, but how and why would you keep following a club that has no real league football ambitions??
I will no doubt take some crap from the usual keyboard warriors because they’ve “been hear man and boy “
But that is my opinion if the directors had took the risk
That ground woyld still be full every home game
Who remembers that wonderful Friday night in front of the sky cameras when hayes scored that corker ???
Sadly all the time that board is in place those days will never return to PP
Although I don’t attend matches I still follow on here Saturdays and I’m disappointed the season is going so badly
I hope it turns around……..but I suspect the old boys club will still be in place for a few years and gates will dwindle even further
KentC

Post by KentC »

Well I don’t agree with Dowse.
I’m pretty sure he’s at home now repeatedly telling his Mrs and the cat that we hit the post 3 times.

We had about 20 mins in the first half and yeh missed a free header but that’s poor finishing not bad luck.

Stalbans had around 80% of second half even if we did have a few chances.
But guess what? They had more than a few chances too especially right at the end where they missed a one on one.
They outplayed us for large parts of the second half and they are not a good side.

As for the heat it was bloody awful and I feel for them, but also they are super fit and it was the same for the opposition yet they overran us at times.

Misplaced passes and hopeful long balls that were going astray.
The body language of a few is poor and clearly don’t care.
I definitely not saying that’s across the team, in fact Harvey and Woods with a few others really put it in.

I’m not trying to say we didn’t have our moments we absolutely did but anyone who thinks salbans didn’t deserve the result over 90 mins is on another planet.

I am not calling for the Manager to go he needs to be able to turn this around as he has good pedigree and deserves that opportunity, but he’s deluding himself with his desperation of crap in his interviews.
KentC

Post by KentC »

For the immature idiot who kicked the bin over, you’re a complete muppet.
For the immature idiot who peed up the back of the stand, you’re a bigger muppet.

Two absolute embarrassing little morons who can not handle their beer should stick to orange juice.

It’s a shame you can’t be banned from PP and remember in your thick little pea brain when you travel away you are representing the club.

Dickheads the pair of you, you’re a complete embarrassment .
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Ozytalksbull wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:11 pm I haven’t posted on the forum for many years
So here goes……. The blame lays squarely with the board nobody else
They have made some terrible decisions and appointments over the last few years
Many people voted with their feet many seasons ago
Once Mr Burman stepped aside the appointments have been a complete disaster
I last stepped into PP some seven years ago
As with many regular fans I decided not to go
But that doesn’t mean I haven’t stopped following results or reading the comments here

Some have been laughable every week
“The ref was crap”
“ we should of played this formation “
It’s all about opinions but you cannot defend the old boys club of directors at the club, oh you might say Mr Burman is one , but ultimately he wasn’t holding the purse strings
When the club was within a whisker of league football what happened?
Bonner sold champion sold and no real chance over reaching the league
The board should of given Mr Burman the money to have made a real push for it
But they decided not to take the risk, in turn what’s happened? Many people voted with there feet and walked away
I watched Dfc from the moment PP opened travelling home and away, but how and why would you keep following a club that has no real league football ambitions??
I will no doubt take some crap from the usual keyboard warriors because they’ve “been hear man and boy “
But that is my opinion if the directors had took the risk
That ground woyld still be full every home game
Who remembers that wonderful Friday night in front of the sky cameras when hayes scored that corker ???
Sadly all the time that board is in place those days will never return to PP
Although I don’t attend matches I still follow on here Saturdays and I’m disappointed the season is going so badly
I hope it turns around……..but I suspect the old boys club will still be in place for a few years and gates will dwindle even further
Basically, what you're saying is. Run by the few, for the few.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KentC wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm For the immature idiot who kicked the bin over, you’re a complete muppet.
For the immature idiot who peed up the back of the stand, you’re a bigger muppet.

Two absolute embarrassing little morons who can not handle their beer should stick to orange juice.

It’s a shame you can’t be banned from PP and remember in your thick little pea brain when you travel away you are representing the club.

Dickheads the pair of you, you’re a complete embarrassment .
Agree mate, they were a total embarrassment. They had too many beers and their behaviour was appalling.
I'm pretty sure they are the same two who are on the club twitter saying they tried to "clap" the players on the team coach when they were there to slag them off, plenty of people/officials who witnessed it and spoke to them. Thankfully, before the players arrived they left. Wouldn't be a bad thing if they didn't come again.