Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Moussa Diarra (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 42

Darren

Re: Dartford v Slough Town Tue 5 Sep 2023

Post by Darren »

Didn’t go last night due to work commitments so not going to comment on the game.

If the board go by when they sacked Flan & Coyle then Dowse might not have long to turn things around.

They were sacked with just 7 points from their first 9 league games inc 1 win.

Currently we have 9 points from our first 8 games inc 2 wins
Lard Brett Sinclair

Post by Lard Brett Sinclair »

tommytollbooth wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:03 am The young kid from West Ham must be wondering what he has let himself in for, he was the only bright light in our side reminded me of a young Lee Noble. Yes we do have a lot of injuries but some of these players do seem injury prone. I thought the attendance wasn't bad for a Tuesday night and considering the way our team are playing but the Dartford faithful are getting the hump and its starting to remind me of the atmosphere when Flanagan and Coyle were joint Managers. Tony Burman for caretaker manager anyone!
tony burnham would be a backward step
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

When I got home Tuesday night I had to have a serious drink. That's the first time in years that I did that, I really thought that was the biggest pile I've seen in ages.
Now we have Dowse saying that some players have played their last game for the club and things need to change. Well, he got the last bit spot on, the first bit of that is going to be really hard to do, I mean, where's he going to get another 11 players from.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Can't see this as being posted yet.

Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Everyone was hoping it was going to be forgotten 😕
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

It amazed me that at the end as Slough were winding down the game the spaces in the stadium as loads had already left. No wonder I was getting a little chilly.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I have only been twice this season,
I never thought that I would be missing so many home games but from what I have seen so far ..we are bloody AWFUL.
No cohesion, no effort, no plan and no chance.

After 66 years of following the Darts I will.sadly not bother to watch such a bunch of players who don't seem to care

Sorry but that is sadly how feel.
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

Darren wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:30 pm Didn’t go last night due to work commitments so not going to comment on the game.

If the board go by when they sacked Flan & Coyle then Dowse might not have long to turn things around.

They were sacked with just 7 points from their first 9 league games inc 1 win.

Currently we have 9 points from our first 8 games inc 2 wins
Strange comparison: We finished 10th in F&C’s first season. I was surprised at the time that they weren’t sacked then.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Said early doors, writing was on the wall.
Four big target man type strikers in the squad.
The rose tinted brigade could not see it but its no coincidence that we are playing hoofball.
There are very few ball carrier's in the squad.
KentC

Post by KentC »

I dont fall into the category of decades of support ( under 2) and I am not a die hard but in my way I am loyal I am committed and I am extremely passionate about my home town club. I pay my money I use my time like everyone.

So when I see so many long term supporters saying they can’t or won’t go etc it’s actually quite sad but understandable.

Perhaps Dowse should get back on the social media and give a war cry and rally the supporters to stick with them and how much he needs us. I know I’d react to that and have a lot of respect as it would show me he cares about us and values us.

IMO it would really help if he said something but I don’t think he will.

Maybe not everyone would agree with that but I think it would help.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

He lost my respect loooong before he slated the forum fans. I don’t listen to him anymore so can’t comment on his latest drivel. He needs to do more and just accept defeat and resign. We’ll recover. We always do. And, we’ll do it with this group of players.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:29 pm He lost my respect loooong before he slated the forum fans. I don’t listen to him anymore so can’t comment on his latest drivel. He needs to do more and just accept defeat and resign. We’ll recover. We always do. And, we’ll do it with this group of players.
Unfortunately the one man who could get us playing good football and challenging for promotion just agreed to become Havant & Waterlooville manager, but many supporters moaned about him