Total votes: 42

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Slough Town Tue 5 Sep 2023

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-2
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

No heart, no guts, no skill, no leadership, no good!
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Phew, thank God for that. My lawyer didn't turn up until gone 7pm. Business was concluded at 8.45pm.
And he saved me £16!
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:51 pm No heart, no guts, no skill, no leadership, no good!
Yep ….. not seen such a poor Darts side since we came up in 2010

Need a big overhaul surely COYD
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Paulcanary wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:03 pm
Need a big overhaul surely COYD
I thought the big overhaul was done in the summer? But somehow we’ve ended up worse squad.

Carry on like this and we really will be contenders for relegation.

What an horrific watch tonight was and I unfortunately did pay the £16.

The rest of the verdict I’ll give tomorrow after a breather.
Last edited by DA1 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Sod this. I’m calling it as I see it. Even at the risk of alienating myself from the rose-tinteds. Though, from what I heard on the terraces this evening, there ain’t many this time around.

I think we have some good players at this club and they didn’t really deserve the boos and abuse at the end. What we lack is a manager who has a plan. This is no fluke folks. This is now, officially, a trend!

We have been absolutely dreadful for too many games and something needs to be done now. Not in November. Not in October. NOW! Whilst we can still achieve something with this squad with the time that is left. It’s clear Dowse has lost the plot. I said last season it appears he’s lost the dressing room and all I see is good players that just don’t want to work for him and do things his way.

And back in the game at 1-1 and the dolt removes a striker and brings in a defender. Masterstroke! And go 1-2 down! Yes, to the bottom club let’s not forget.

Well done Sluff. Deserved it. And a good crowd too who mingled together and made a noise. Why don’t we do that when we go away instead of ‘bomb-bursting’ all around the ground with little vocal impact. 😂

So, back to ‘the man!’ What crap is he gonna spit tonight. Hasn’t he used all his shit excuses up? All can come out with is the same bullshit after every game and singling out some poor sod, even US forum fans for f*cks sake. Someone let me know what he says cos I can’t bare to listen to him anymore!

DOWSE is the problem. End of. Get rid of the problem quickly before we slide down the slippery slope.

Someone quipped tonight, “Isthmian League.” Don’t joke! I never imagined that the Darts would ever be relegated below this level, but what we are seeing under Dowse, game after game, (yes, including the wins) is absolutely relegation fodder.

Messrs Irving and co. Be brave. Be bold. You know what you have to do. Don’t sod about. Do it soon! Please.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Slough simply wanted it from the off. Second to every ball and no shape. Archie MoM for sure just want more in the team with his spirit. If Dowse wants a 'nippy' striker then the Slough 24 would be an improvement to our lack lustre forward line.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Worrying. Extremely worrying

Firstly on the actual performance. Probably one of the worst overall performances I've ever seen at PP. Slough were bottom of the league going into tonight and they played us off the park. Our midfield was just non existent and the only player willing to pick up the ball and take players on was Woods, who will be getting my MOTM vote.

Our wide players (I won't even say they're wingers) have good technical ability but they're not the quickest (aside from Barzey who's omission still remains a mystery). I thought Miller Rodney was a central player? Why are we putting him wide he looked so lost tonight.

Our attack was very ineffective tonight, Slough dealt with our long balls well and nullified the threats of Harvey and Lewis. Dowse mentioned in his Taunton post match we put loads of balls into the box and Lewis would've scored goals in that game, yet tonight Lewis was on the pitch and in the box yet we were extremely hesitant to deliver anything into the box. We barely tested their keeper and even our goal he will feel he should've saved.

Now to Dowse. I've backed him, and the praise was justified when he was given his 2 year contract after getting 2nd place last season and was fully deserving of a full season. Questions now must be asked as this form goes back to January. I'm not saying sack him, I'm not at that point...yet. But if things don't improve quickly then we will need to look for a change. The football we play is tolerable if we are winning and battling at the top end of the table. But if we lose and scrape draws then the football becomes a massive issue and will soon turn things toxic. I don't agree with hurling abuse at the players/staff, they will know how bad that performance was and abusing them at the final whistle achieves absolutely nothing. But it does show Dowse is already walking a tightrope

The recruitment in the summer has to be looked into as well. Who is doing the majority of it? We've re-signed injury prone players, which Dowse said he wanted to avoid. Is that because we couldn't secure anyone else? We've got about 6 injuries, with Statham and Rooney going off injured tonight just to add to the tally. We do not have a settled side. Where is this quick striker that we were supposed to bring in to give us a different option up front? The only midfielder that wants to pick up the ball is a loanee that will most likely be gone by January. I rate Allen but again he's another of the injury prone players that we cannot rely on.

I'll probably add some more thoughts once I've reflected more, but those are my initial post match thoughts.
Last edited by Mark Sweet on Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

f*cking pile of horse w@nk !
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Time for Dowse to stop trying to build a “football club” and build a “FOOTBALL Team”

No complaints about inherited players, you’ve signed the players and you can’t use the excuse you came in late this season
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

KSTDART wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:26 pm f*cking pile of horse w@nk !
You forgot the “steaming.” 😂
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Well , 8 games in & i dont think i have seen a decent Darts team yet . We have a Manager who comes out with the same bullshit , repeats things like his on loop . Think he has lost the dressing room & the plot . Thought we had got rid of the deadwood but looks like we have accumulated even more , dont get me wrong we do have some talent there but its not used to the best of there ability . We have a captain who dont shout & help motivate the team one bit .
We need to sort this out , either the players or the manager soon or its gonna be dog fight for the season .
I wont give up my passion for this club & season tkt holder i will remain . #COYD
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

That was my second game of this season. The first one was bad but this...
That was a poor performance from a poor team. I don't know about play offs, let's hope we can steer clear of relegation. Poor team Dowse, needs a lot of fixing.
I shan't be rushing up any time soon.
Really pissed off with that.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I had a lovely evening tonight , the service in the bar and quality of beer was excellent, the burger tasted like a burger and so many volunteers trying to make everybody at home. I think £16 is probably about two hours hard graft minimum wage, so if u go with your partner have a beer , programme etc , you are laying out serious bunce to be entertained , would you feel like u have been? Honestly u could feel the life being sucked out the club every minute the wonderful scoreboard ticked over, it was really sad.When your drummer leaves after 80 minutes you know you have lost the war. The board ARE NOT the problem , the club is sound with great volunteers and wonderful facilities, the problem is on the pitch, it’s not to late to turn the season round if we make a change now.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Another pile of poo to suffer. I think we are now as bad as the Flanagan and Alan comedy show
The fans , the players and the manager look dissolutioned.
At this rate we are a bottom 8 team and will be playing to 800 and less attendances
Half the team are unfit or overweight
A total waste of a Tuesday evening
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

There’s really not a lot of positives I can offer about tonight’s absolute shit-show other than that Dowson should do the honorable thing and resign!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We can have no complaints on the result, Slough thoroughly deserved their win.
First half they outplayed us, PASSED the ball well and were quicker to everything.
Second half we had a go for about 15 mins but after that Slough regained some composure and ran out worthy winners.

As for us, i don't blame the players as individually i don't think they are as bad as our performances. The problem for me is as a group the mix is completely wrong and they are being asked to play a style of football that went out of fashion decades ago.
It's quite clear that Dowse likes a big strong side and wants to get the ball forward quickly to one of our FOUR big central strikers in the hope something happens. Problem with that style is if you don't get results it's not a great watch.
Still not seen enough of Barzey to judge but other than him we do not have a single pacy WIDE player who can get down the line and deliver a decent cross to one of the FOUR big forwards. To continually just pump long high balls up is ridiculous and i believe the players are better than that. I am starting to really worry about the rest of the season as the squad imo is so lacking in certain areas and we are set up to play so one dimensional it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to change.

As for the overall experience, the place is as flat as i've ever seen it, it's not enjoyable to watch and there's no real excitement anywhere and I'm sorry but i blame Dowse for that. His pre-season interviews set the tone when he talked the club down, moaned about the budget and virtually said we wouldn't be able to compete as the league was so strong, this is still continuing and i don't see how that is going to motivate players or fans? I do think the league will be strong again and tough to win but no stronger than previous seasons, but after listening to Dowse's interviews i have never been so despondent and not looking forward to a season like this one.
At this precise moment i think we're going backwards and really not sure where we go from here.
I really do not feel like going to St Albans....
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

So PL, should the manager go in your very honest opinion?
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Who is running this club?

Because it seems to me you can sack the manager along with the entire squad as many times as you like yet nothing will change.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:22 pm So PL, should the manager go in your very honest opinion?
You've put me on the spot there mate. I think everyone's entitled to voice there opinion provided it doesn't get personal but i'm not comfortable calling for a managers head or discussing his future on here at this time of the season. And don't forget, although it was a tough watch at times he did ok last season.

I don't think for one minute the club would even be considering or discussing that, the problem i have is i am losing confidence and hate his interviews as imo they are a car crash nearly every time. So ATM although i'm really concerned, it's probably just a little too soon to have that discussion.

So bottom line is, i'm not answering :lol: :lol: